bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

CKtheFat

Now that I think about it, I think it is the WHAM script that has that feature. And no, I'm not requesting it as a feature, since I'm sure %99.5 of people don't give a crap about keeping it for the NPZR. Nor will I, once I have the hatchling :)

However, is it the line I mentioned above in my last post that I should comment out? I don't quite understand why it is in an if statement since there are no commands between the curly brackets; my guess is exception handling or something.

Tom Sawyer

Quick question. Ran the script after manually doing some of the quests to include getting the ore, cheese and clearing the peak. Now the script is aborting reporting "Can't figure out which ore to look for" Anyone got a quick fix?

Tom Sawyer

Ok that was weird. Did some of the airship, ran the script again, and it jumped past the ore issue and pushed on. Just for giggles i did the orc chasm, got the dictionary and the script is now cruising forward.

Winterbay

Yeah the mountain should solve itself by visiting the quest log so mafia probably did that on the way there sometime.

Uli

Hey, I realize the level 9 quest is probably going to take a bit to optimize in terms of automation, but in the short term, can anyone tell me how to swap the two old level 9 quest faxes and replace them with something else like the smut orc pervert? Or just replace those with something else that doesn't waste the faxes those days?

Palinathas

Hey guys, first of all, great script, thanks for the work you put into it. Finally went ahead and registered here so I could post.

Found a missing '+' in the script, don't have the line # (using work machine, only have crappy text tools) but the line that should be (I think)

buMax("+outfit eXtreme Cold-Weather Gear");

doesn't have the + in front of outfit, so it fails. This is from the SourceForge latest version. Just thought you might want to fix that next update.

Winterbay

The SVN-version has been updated with very very rudimentary support for the new level 9 quest. Please treat the result of the script for that level with caution until it is proven to actually work :) (also please report any issues you find)

I have an issue when you finish the War and it tries to go to the Sorceress Lair it does not go to the Council first and so you can't go to the Lair and adventure

Winterbay

If you kill the endboss yourself you need to visit the council. If you didn't then the script visits the council just after killing the end boss.

jambosque

Hmm. If no one has submitted any code to support the bone garden (especially bypassing the shore with a skeletal skiff) yet, I might do some coding in a few days once work is less busy...

Winterbay

The skeletal skiff is supported, however you need to gather it yourself. Is there anything else that the garden is useful for? (I didn't get one because it felt rather lacklustre to me)

Theraze

If you want to save some server hits, you could do something like this:
Code:
				buffer page = visit_url("place.php?whichplace=orc_chasm&action=bridge"+matchparts.group(1));
				matchparts = create_matcher("div id=bridge(\\d+)", page);
				matchparts.find();
				int lumber = item_amount($item[morningwood plank]) + item_amount($item[raging hardwood plank]) + item_amount($item[weirdwood plank]);
				int fastener = item_amount($item[thick caulk]) + item_amount($item[long hard screw]) + item_amount($item[messy butt joint]);
				int keepsake = item_amount($item[smut orc keepsake box]);
				print("You still need "+(30-matchparts.group(1).to_int())+" bridge segments.\nYou currently have "+lumber+" piece"+(lumber != 1 ? "s" : "")+" of lumber, "+fastener+" fastener"+(fastener != 1 ? "s" : "")+", and "+keepsake+" keepsake box"+(keepsake != 1 ? "es" : "")+".");
Obviously lumber, fastener, and keepsake would keep being refreshed as you go through, if they're even saved as ints. I just did that for my display-line so I could save an extra calculation per on my "make the grammar somewhat-near-correct!" thing. :) But knowing you need 30 total pieces and saving the current count would save a server hit per adventure. Just remember to refresh your inventory once after using the bridge, since it doesn't properly subtract used items yet.

You do have a (better) matcher already, just use that... Mine just uses if (!matchparts.find()) to decide when it's done instead. :)

CKtheFat

The SVN-version has been updated with very very rudimentary support for the new level 9 quest. Please treat the result of the script for that level with caution until it is proven to actually work (also please report any issues you find)

Forgive my ignorance, but do you mean the SVN version of Kolmafia is updated with some lvl 9 support, or bumcheekascend.ash is? (or both?) I know where to get hourly builds of KolMafia, but not for any particular scripts.