bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

I've committed a version that should solve that MCD issue at least (unless you set bcasc_AllowML to true in which case you're on your own :)). ANd some zombie stuff.

The other zombie stuff I could see adding would be the combat modifiers and item drops modifiers to the moods when you really need them. It'd speed up a couple quests and leveling in the gallery.

I don't have enough zombie skills yet to where I have those often (since I am focusing on turn generation first) but once I can get those Ultimate Recovery is keeping my minion horde plenty full when I use them and I end up with tons of meat and brains sitting around to fill up my horde, so I am not worried at all about adding minion generation to the script.

Winterbay

Yeah, I've been adding zombie skills for that sort of thing as I got them, but I'm not at the point where I get that far in the trees yet :)

"Summon Minion" currently gives me loads of -combat, but it's a tad bit difficult to use at the moment as Mafia doesn't have a built-in way to cast it.

Jar of Jam

Any particular reason as to why Bumcheekcend may think the pantry is completed, when in reality it's not ?

Code:
[11] Outskirts of The Knob
Encounter: Code Red
You acquire an item: Knob Goblin encryption key

Conditions satisfied after 4 adventures.
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob] and need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_knob => 23
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage pantry
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level 2 Starting
choiceAdventure502 => 2
choiceAdventure505 => 1
[maximizers and stuff]
BCC: Let's get the mosquito

Using latest version from the SVN ( 168 ) and the latest Mafia build.

Winterbay

If you get the most recent SVN-version it should be solved, but if you want to fix it yourself it's this function that needs that fix:
Code:
boolean bcascPantry() {
    if (to_int(get_property("lastManorUnlock")) == my_ascensions()) {bprint("pantry"); return true;}
    while (contains_text(visit_url("town_right.php"), "pantry.gif")) {
        bumAdv($location[Haunted Pantry], "", "", "", "Let's open the Pantry");
    }
    return true;
}

Ok...it looks like (to me) it's trying to get a sonar, can't, and then continues on the mining quest for me and dies because it's looking for a sonar in the wrong place.

So maybe a condition clear isn't being done in between the steps?

Code:
> call scripts/bumcheekascend.ash

******************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************
Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the sourceforge page available in my profile with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up. 

BCC: Trying to check bcs_aliases on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Ascending Starting
BCC: Trying to check bcsrelay_settings on the Bumcheekcity servers.
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair0].
Doing a check for Telescope Items
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair0].
BCC: You have at least one stick of dynamite for telescope part 7
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
76 combinations checked, best score 24.24
Putting on Crown of the Goblin King...
Equipment changed.
Putting on astral mask...
Equipment changed.
BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% Hovering Skull
BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
BCC: Getting a baseball for the NS tower because we have finished the stage 'bats1 in this script.
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Go Get 'Em, Tiger!, use 5 Ben-Gal™ Balm
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 baseball'...
Condition added: baseball
BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
BCC: We CAN set the MCD.

Request 1 of 37 (BatHole: Guano Junction) in progress...

[522] Guano Junction
Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
16 combinations checked, best score -64.51
BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% Hovering Skull
BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax
BCC: Getting a sonar-in-a-biscuit for the NS tower because we have finished the stage 'bats1 in this script.
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Go Get 'Em, Tiger!, use 5 Ben-Gal™ Balm
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 sonar-in-a-biscuit'...
Condition added: sonar-in-a-biscuit
BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
BCC: We CAN set the MCD.

Request 1 of 37 (BatHole: Guano Junction) in progress...

[522] Guano Junction
Encounter:
Nothing more to do here.

BCC: You have at least one razor-sharp can lid for telescope part 4
BCC: You have at least one inkwell for telescope part 3
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'pantry' for the leftovers of indeterminate origin for telescope part 2
BCC: You have at least one wussiness potion for telescope part 1
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild] and need to set it as so.
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage spookyforest
BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage tavern
BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
Level 5 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbilliards].
BCC: levelMe(29, true) called.
Level 6 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorlibrary].
BCC: levelMe(40, true) called.
Level 7 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have completed the stage [cyrpt].
BCC: We have completed the stage [innaboxen].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbedroom].
BCC: levelMe(53, true) called.
Level 8 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [mining].
BCC: Maximizing 'outfit eXtreme Cold-Weather Gear'
Maximizing...
97 combinations checked, best score 9.49
Putting on eXtreme scarf...
Equipment changed.
Putting on eXtreme mittens...
Equipment changed.
Mood swing complete.

MCD: adjusting to 0...

Visit to McLarge: eXtreme Slope in progress...

[522] eXtreme Slope
Encounter: Father Nikolai Ravonovich
Strategy: /home/bhanes/.kolmafia/ccs/ZOMBIE.ccs [default]
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
Round 1: chef_rannos executes a macro!
Round 1: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 2: father nikolai ravonovich takes 63 damage.
Round 2: Toothy rants about his plans to take over the world, but since his mouth is full of your opponent, you can't understand him. (Incidentally, he does 17 damage.)
Round 2: father nikolai ravonovich takes 17 damage.
You lose 18 hit points
Round 2: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 3: father nikolai ravonovich takes 76 damage.
Round 3: chef_rannos wins the fight!
You gain 5 hit points
You acquire an item: hunter brain
After Battle: Toothy hums a few snatches of old pirate sea shanties.
You gain 11 Strengthliness
You gain 4 Enchantedness
You gain 11 Roguishness

Conditions not satisfied after 1 adventure.
BCC: You aborted, so so am I. This abort may have been caused by a rogue condition not being met. If this is unexpected, please paste the CLI output, as well as the results of typing 'condition check' without the quotes, into the mafia CLI window now.

Winterbay

Let me check one thing: Have you really finished the first part of the bats quest? If not setting bcasc_stage_bats1 to 0 should fix the issue.

I mean, under which circumstance would it say "nothing more to do here" about the junction...

But, yes, the tower-item.getting function probably should clear goals before exiting.

CofLBelgarion

Is there a way to set up equipment (or disable non-essential changes) for a ZS run so that the maximizer won't continually equip stuff like knob goblin pants or a talisman o nam instead of a myriad of other, better choices? I attempted to make a "bumcheekascend" custom outfit to no avail, presumably due to HC restrictions on the claws in the outfit interface.

slyz

Developer
What would qualify as a universal "better choice" than pants that give you mainstat?

Why not let the automating script automate?

CofLBelgarion

+1 muscle pants is hardly optimal. +3 all stat accessory doesn't beat out an Astral Mask, IMO. Maybe this is just a problem with how HC usable IOTM equips are handled server side and I'll just have to deal with it. I don't know the ins and outs of the script or KoLMafia commands and didn't know if there was a reliable way to override choices that may give best mainstat, but are hurting my survivability.

bumcheekcity

The script is built to ascend Moxie classes through HCNP for karma farming. Anything else is bonus. The intentions are to maximize moxie, then plink everything to death in a slow-but-steady way that can get a character through 4 and 5-day HCNP easily with sufficient skills and IotMs.

The purporse of the script is automation of Moxie HCNP, not speed. Zombie Slayer ascensions, which you are inevitably doing, are not supported as you don't have hero. It'll work (ish) but it will occasionally make what you consider to be (and what will be, in terms of speed) poor choices because you don't have Hero.

Uli

Hey, thanks a ton for the script.

I have a minor request. Could you guys add the same thing that you did for the Boris' Helm, but for the right and left bear arms in Zombie Slayer? I tried to copy the Boris's Helm section in the script and tweak it for Zombie Slayer and the arms, but I kept getting errors, so I must be doing something wrong. I understand the script is not made for Zombie Slayer, but I have still used it a few times when I didn't have time to play for the day and it does well enough, but for those of us with the IotM, it would be nice to have this feature. Thanks!

Crowther

+1 muscle pants is hardly optimal. +3 all stat accessory doesn't beat out an Astral Mask, IMO. Maybe this is just a problem with how HC usable IOTM equips are handled server side and I'll just have to deal with it. I don't know the ins and outs of the script or KoLMafia commands and didn't know if there was a reliable way to override choices that may give best mainstat, but are hurting my survivability.
I'd like to strongly support what bumcheekcity said. Making this script optimal for everyone is impossible. I'm glad he doesn't try.

That said, you can hack the script all you want, but please don't waste too much time here if you get into trouble. Search for the comment, "Basically, we ALWAYS want and -ml, for ALL classes. Otherwise we let an override happen." The next few lines after that have the formulas for selecting what you wear. Change them to whatever works for you. If you think you change might be better for everyone, I'd love to hear it, but I'd bet you are wrong.

I've made a bunch of tiny optimizations myself and I feel bad I haven't had the time to share them. I'm mostly done moving, but getting 30 zombie points is taking all my game time. At least I dropped out of PvP this season.

CofLBelgarion

I have no desire, nor the know-how, to hack the script myself. ZS, at least from how I've been playing it, is more of an edge case due to not having other survivability skills available. I had thought, after reading the casual ascension setup, that making an outfit called "bumcheekascend" would make that my default outfit unless other stuff was needed for quests. Was I mistaken with this? Again, and this isn't the script's fault, in ZS I want the bear arms equipped over just about any other weapon/off-hand choice due to the 20% muscle bonus and skills. A Drowsy Sword (which I seem to be defaulting to recently) is nice and all, but it can't compete with the arms and the zero-cost skills they give you. I'm really not trying to pick a fight here (and I really like the script), I just wanted to know if there was another way to override the optimizer for specific slots since the arms can't be outfitted in HC. If not, no biggie. I just don't know enough about the inner workings of this stuff to poke around myself.