bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

He has 1 hp. Any source of automatic damage will kill him. If you find yourself without any good sources... throw an item. You should have at least a razor lid, if nothing else...

Bazaaretw

I'm going to assume that the fix for this is still in the works, but just incase this has something to do with something else, it's trying to cast all + and - combats I have at the same time.
Code:
> call scripts\bumcheekascend v0.51.ash

******************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************
Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the sourceforge page available in my profile with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up. 

BCC: Trying to check bcs_aliases on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Ascending Starting
BCC: Trying to check bcsrelay_settings on the Bumcheekcity servers.
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair0].
Doing a check for Telescope Items
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair0].
BCC: You have at least one stick of dynamite for telescope part 7
BCC: You have at least one frigid ninja stars for telescope part 6
BCC: You have at least one meat vortex for telescope part 5
BCC: You have at least one photoprotoneutron torpedo for telescope part 4
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'macguffinfinal' for the powdered organs for telescope part 3
BCC: You have at least one Knob Goblin firecracker for telescope part 2
BCC: You have at least one super-spiky hair gel for telescope part 1
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [spookyforest].
BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [tavern].
BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
Level 5 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbilliards].
BCC: levelMe(29, true) called.
Level 6 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorlibrary].
BCC: levelMe(40, true) called.
Level 7 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [cyrpt].
BCC: We have completed the stage [innaboxen].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbedroom].
BCC: levelMe(53, true) called.
Level 8 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [mining].
BCC: Getting some climbing gear.
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Musk of the Moose, cast 1 Musk of the Moose
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, cast 1 Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
Set mood trigger: When I get The Sonata of Sneakiness, uneffect sonata of sneakiness
BCC: Climbing up to the Icy peak and searching for Groar.
BCC: You aren't in a combat (or something to do with Ed which I can't work out), so bumRunCombat() doesn't need to do anything.
BCC: You aren't in a combat (or something to do with Ed which I can't work out), so bumRunCombat() doesn't need to do anything.
BCC: We have not completed the stage [wand].
BCC: We have completed the stage [piratefledges].
BCC: levelMe(68, true) called.
Level 9 Starting
BCC: You don't have a wand, or it's not safe to use one. No Zapping for you.
Casting Elemental Saucesphere 2 times...
You acquire an effect: Elemental Saucesphere (duration: 10 Adventures)
Elemental Saucesphere was successfully cast.

Restoring MP! Currently at 89 of 109 HP, 0 of 138 MP, current meat: 6515 ... Target MP = 50.
Purchasing magical mystery juice (3 @ 100)...
You acquire magical mystery juice (3)
You spent 300 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 3 magical mystery juice...
You gain 61 Mojo Points
Finished using 3 magical mystery juice.
Casting Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation (duration: 10 Adventures)
Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation was successfully cast.
Casting Musk of the Moose 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Musk of the Moose (duration: 10 Adventures)
You lose an effect: Smooth Movements
Musk of the Moose was successfully cast.
Casting Smooth Movement 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Smooth Movements (duration: 10 Adventures)
You lose an effect: Musk of the Moose
Smooth Movement was successfully cast.
Casting The Sonata of Sneakiness 1 times...
Selected target has the maximum number of AT buffs already.
Mood failed to cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness: Selected target has the maximum number of AT buffs already.
KoLmafia declares world peace.

It's at a point where I am trying to get to the top of the mountain and have all 3 ninja items.
Code:
When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
When I get The Sonata of Sneakiness, uneffect sonata of sneakiness
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I run low on Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, cast 1 Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
When I run low on Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
When I run low on Mariachi Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
When I run low on Musk of the Moose, cast 1 Musk of the Moose
When I run low on Smooth Movements, cast 1 Smooth Movement
When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
When I run low on The Sonata of Sneakiness, cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness

Last edited:
He has 1 hp. Any source of automatic damage will kill him. If you find yourself without any good sources... throw an item. You should have at least a razor lid, if nothing else...

A perfect argument for having a spell permed. You could use facestab too or any of those others. I've been using WHAM in my CCS and it does a good job of not making me worry about combat. :D

Theraze

Boris doesn't... and the TT skill is only if you have a familiar... but barring no-familiar and/or no-skill Boris runs, yes. You should be able to use your trivial skill. :)

acedwhengrim

What would it take to get the Reagnimated Gnome and Hovering Skull added to the list of item and stat familiars that the script looks at?

Winterbay

The Gnome is already there, and the easiest way to get the skull added is to add it as your default familiar in the relay script.

Bazaaretw

You're fighting a ninja snowman assassin
HP: 26, Atk: 160, Def: 144, Type: elemental
Drops: ninja rope (100 no pp), ninja crampons (100 no pp), ninja carabiner (100 no pp)

You belt out a few bars of your favorite song, dealing 3 damage to your enemy and leaving his ears ringing.

He vanishes, then reappears behind you, strangling you with his icy hands.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
You lose 64 hit points. (cold damage)

You lose. You slink away, dejected and defeated.

Adventure Again (Lair of the Ninja Snowmen)

Go back to Mt. McLargeHuge

This is what happens, unfortunately I end up with +25 ML, even just the +10 from MCD, can it be written to change MCD to 0 before entering this quest?

Winterbay

You're fighting a ninja snowman assassin
HP: 26, Atk: 160, Def: 144, Type: elemental
Drops: ninja rope (100 no pp), ninja crampons (100 no pp), ninja carabiner (100 no pp)

You belt out a few bars of your favorite song, dealing 3 damage to your enemy and leaving his ears ringing.

He vanishes, then reappears behind you, strangling you with his icy hands.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
You lose 64 hit points. (cold damage)

You lose. You slink away, dejected and defeated.

Adventure Again (Lair of the Ninja Snowmen)

Go back to Mt. McLargeHuge

This is what happens, unfortunately I end up with +25 ML, even just the +10 from MCD, can it be written to change MCD to 0 before entering this quest?

What did you have on apart form the MCD that gave +ML? I'll add a buMax()-call before it adventures there which should remove the MCD and hopefully the other sources of +ML as well. Will commit when I get back home tomorrow.

Just a note, the script still doesn't go for marzipan skulls. I'm not sure why, since I adventured once south of the border, fought a pinata and opened the pile of candy and got 2. :)

acedwhengrim

At the top of buMax (line 941) I added the following to ensure bear arm equippal if you have it. Feel free to use it in the script (its helping me out, I thought I'd share)

if (my_path() == "Zombie Slayer") {
if (i_a("Right Bear Arm") > 0) maxme += " +equip Right Bear Arm";
}
if (i_a("Left Bear Arm") > 0) maxme += " +equip Left Bear Arm";
}

Next thing I'm going to try and change is line 988 where it auto-sells antique stuff. Could we change that to feed slimeling via a toggleable? I'm going to try and if you're interested I'll post the code.

Winterbay

At the top of buMax (line 941) I added the following to ensure bear arm equippal if you have it. Feel free to use it in the script (its helping me out, I thought I'd share)

if (i_a("Right Bear Arm") > 0) maxme += " +equip Right Bear Arm";
}
if (i_a("Left Bear Arm") > 0) maxme += " +equip Left Bear Arm";
}

Next thing I'm going to try and change is line 988 where it auto-sells antique stuff. Could we change that to feed slimeling via a toggleable? I'm going to try and if you're interested I'll post the code.

Just for your information: That will make anything that tries to maximize you into an outfit fail.

Bale

Minion
Just for your information: That will make anything that tries to maximize you into an outfit fail.

I guess he should have added the outfit check. Other than that acedwhengrim was just following your lead since you already have these awkward lines:

Code:
	if (my_path() == "Avatar of Boris" && !contains_text(maxme, "outfit")) {
		if (i_a("Boris's Helm") > 0) maxme += " +equip Boris's Helm";
		else if (i_a("Boris's Helm (askew)") > 0) maxme += " +equip Boris's Helm (askew)";
	}

Personally I think to encourage the Bear Arms it would be smarter to add a ".3 hp, .3 dr" as terms. That'd make the Bear Arms look like a really good thing. (Since mainstat is already a term.) At least that works nicely for a script of mine. You can contains_text(maxme) to see if those terms are already there and not add them if false. You could do something similar with the Boris's Helm.

As long as I'm on the subject, remove " +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max" for zombie runs since that's pretty useless there. Or are you not supporting Zombiecore?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
This would probably work in buMax() to include the relevant items while working and playing well with the outfit keyterm...

PHP:
	void addcheck(string term) {
		if(!maxme.contains_text(term))
			maxme += " 0.3 "+term;
	}
	if (my_path() == "Avatar of Boris" && i_a("Boris's Helm") + i_a("Boris's Helm (askew)") > 0) {
		addcehck("init");
		addcehck("Weapon Damage Percent");
	} else if (my_path() == "Zombie Slayer" && i_a("right bear arm") > 0) {
		addcehck("dr");
		addcehck("hp");
		addcehck("Weapon Damage Percent");
	}

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

I guess he should have added the outfit check. Other than that acedwhengrim was just following your lead since you already have these awkward lines:

Code:
	if (my_path() == "Avatar of Boris" && !contains_text(maxme, "outfit")) {
		if (i_a("Boris's Helm") > 0) maxme += " +equip Boris's Helm";
		else if (i_a("Boris's Helm (askew)") > 0) maxme += " +equip Boris's Helm (askew)";
	}

Personally I think to encourage the Bear Arms it would be smarter to add a ".3 hp, .3 dr" as terms. That'd make the Bear Arms look like a really good thing. (Since mainstat is already a term.) At least that works nicely for a script of mine. You can contains_text(maxme) to see if those terms are already there and not add them if false. You could do something similar with the Boris's Helm.

As long as I'm on the subject, remove " +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max" for zombie runs since that's pretty useless there. Or are you not supporting Zombiecore?

The script isn't terrible for SCZombie because you can do it like Boris but ultimately it's still muscle-without-Hero so hardcore is quite tricky. I have no intention to majorly support it as there aren't too many actual changes and the script doesn't do horrifically (even in HC) with an appropriate CCS, as I use it myself.

Though with that said, the bear arms have made me rethink how useful it would be, because then you can guarantee a lot of one-hit-kills at low levels.

acedwhengrim

Actually, it handles outfits that don't have weapons just fine. I added it before I ran the frat war, and it had the arms and the frat ensemble equipped just fine. It did just fail as it tried to do the knob king quest w/ the guard outfit though, so I'm going to try and tweak (or look at Bale's suggestions).

Does stuff like this help? I know this is a side-project for you guys, and I thought since I'd done something that helped me out I'd want to share. I can stop if you guys think its not helpful.

Winterbay

I've been running HC zombie this run and modified as I went along. It works quite nicely and so far wham has had not that much trouble with the fights.

Bazaaretw

What did you have on apart form the MCD that gave +ML? I'll add a buMax()-call before it adventures there which should remove the MCD and hopefully the other sources of +ML as well. Will commit when I get back home tomorrow.

I had a fondid buff from food. which is +15ml.

I also would like to point out, that I'm very close a 5 day 85% automated run. Just ended day 4 with this:

bazaaretw (#172947)
(Level 12)
Turns Played (this run): 854
Days Played (this run): 4
Class: HC-AT
Sign: The Vole

Last edited: