bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

I do get this a lot with the latest SVN. Not that Zombies are officially supported, but does anyone have a work around they've made for it?

Code:
> call scripts/bumcheekascend.ash

******************************************************************************************
******************************************************************************************
Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the sourceforge page available in my profile with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up. 

BCC: Trying to check bcs_aliases on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Ascending Starting
BCC: Trying to check bcsrelay_settings on the Bumcheekcity servers.
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair0].
Doing a check for Telescope Items
BCC: You have at least one stick of dynamite for telescope part 7
BCC: You have at least one disease for telescope part 6
BCC: You have at least one chaos butterfly for telescope part 5
BCC: You have at least one fancy bath salts for telescope part 4
BCC: You have at least one baseball for telescope part 3
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'macguffinfinal' for the powdered organs for telescope part 2
BCC: You have at least one adder bladder for telescope part 1
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild] and need to set it as so.
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Beaten Up cannot be removed with an available item or skill...
You need 1 more soft green echo eyedrop antidote to continue.

I believe I would need to add a "cast 1 bite minion" as an option, but not quite sure where all that is set.

Winterbay

Search the script for "beaten up" and I think you'll find the place to add it, but remember that bite minion only works that way if upgraded (so if you add it you need to check that it's the updated version).

Bazaaretw

The 4 AT songs was a bug, it's fixed in the latest SVN-version. The Ninjas is what it's trying to do when you have any kind of +combat buff which you appear to have and it is from the Ninja Assassin that the climibng gear drops. Did you not meet any Ninja Assassin?

No, it wasted at least 50 adventures before I stopped it and manually got the snowboard gear.

Also, even tho I have the extreme climbing gear AND 1 of 3 Non-combats to climb, it still attempts to adventure for ninjas.

Also for the point of the +/- combat, I'm at 0.00%

Code:
Installing default certificate validation...
Validating login server (www.kingdomofloathing.com)...
833 players online.
Sending login request...
Initializing session for Bazaaretw...
Refreshing session data...
Synchronizing moon data...
Loading character status...
Adjusting familiar weight by 5 pounds
Retrieving character data...
Refreshing closet...
Examining consumables in closet...
Examining equipment in closet...
Examining miscellaneous items in closet...
Updating inventory...
Retrieving quest data...
Retrieving familiar data...
Familiar data retrieved.
Retrieving campground data...
Refreshing storage...
Examining meat in storage...
Examining consumables in storage...
Examining equipment in storage...
Examining miscellaneous items in storage...
Session data refreshed.
3 days until Generic Summer Holiday, Muscle bonus tomorrow (not today).
Visiting Mr. Klaw "Skill" Crane Game in clan rumpus room
You acquire an item: stuffed spooky gravy fairy
Visiting Crimbo Tree in clan VIP lounge
Visiting Deluxe Mr. Klaw "Skill" Crane Game in clan VIP lounge
You acquire an item: stuffed tin of caviar
You acquire an item: giant designer sunglasses
Visiting Looking Glass in clan VIP lounge
You acquire an item: "DRINK ME" potion

Harvesting your garden
You acquire an item: pumpkin
1343 prices updated from http://kolmafia.us/scripts/updateprices.php?action=getmap

> call scripts\bumcheekascend v0.51.ash

Thankyou for using bumcheekcity's ascension script. Please report all bugs on the sourceforge page available in my profile with a copy+paste from the CLI of the problematic points, and your username. Ask on the thread on the kolmafia.us forum for help and assistance with the script, particularly first time problems, and issues setting it up. 

BCC: Trying to check bcs_aliases on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Ascending Starting
BCC: Trying to check bcsrelay_settings on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Doing a check for Telescope Items
BCC: You have at least one tropical orchid for telescope part 7
BCC: You have at least one sonar-in-a-biscuit for telescope part 6
BCC: You have at least one spider web for telescope part 5
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'buyfromthemarket' for the hair spray for telescope part 4
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'macguffinpyramid' for the bronzed locus for telescope part 3
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'airship' for the photoprotoneutron torpedo for telescope part 2
BCC: You haven't completed the stage 'post-war junkyard' for the gremlin juice for telescope part 1
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
Level 2 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [spookyforest].
BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
Level 3 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [tavern].
BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
Level 4 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
Level 5 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbilliards].
BCC: levelMe(29, true) called.
Level 6 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorlibrary].
BCC: levelMe(40, true) called.
Level 7 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [cyrpt].
BCC: We have completed the stage [innaboxen].
BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbedroom].
BCC: levelMe(53, true) called.
Level 8 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [mining].
BCC: Maximizing 'outfit eXtreme Cold-Weather Gear'
Maximizing (1st time may take a while)...
630 combinations checked, best score 7.43
Putting on eXtreme Bi-Polar Fleece Vest...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Codpiece of the Goblin King...
Equipment changed.
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Elemental Saucesphere, cast 1 Elemental Saucesphere
BCC: Getting some climbing gear.
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Musk of the Moose, cast 1 Musk of the Moose
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, cast 1 Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
Set mood trigger: When I get The Sonata of Sneakiness, uneffect sonata of sneakiness
Mood swing complete.

Checking for updates (running ZLib ver. r37)...
Running ZLib version: r37 (current)
Checking for updates (running Best Between Battle Script Ever ver. 2.6)...
Running Best Between Battle Script Ever version: 2.6 (current)
08/26/12 09:54:30 PM - New message received from Your Pen Pal.
You have the latest use_for_items.txt. Will not check again today.
_meatpermp => 5.405405405405405
_meatperhp => 2.5225225766499837
Checking for updates (running Universal Recovery ver. 3.10.3)...
_version_BalesUniversalRecovery => 3.10.3
You have a current version of Universal Recovery.

Visit to McLarge: Ninja Snowmen in progress...

[489] Ninja Snowmen
Encounter: Ninja Snowman
Strategy: C:\Program Files\Kingdom of Loathing\KOL Mafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: Bazaaretw wins initiative!
Round 1: Bazaaretw executes a macro!
Round 1: Bazaaretw tries to steal an item!
Round 2: Bazaaretw attacks!
Round 3: ninja snowman (chopsticks) takes 15 damage.
Round 3: Bazaaretw attacks!
Round 4: ninja snowman (chopsticks) takes 16 damage.
Round 4: Bazaaretw attacks!
Round 5: ninja snowman (chopsticks) takes 19 damage.
Round 5: Bazaaretw attacks!
Round 6: ninja snowman (chopsticks) takes 19 damage.
Round 6: Bazaaretw attacks!
Round 7: ninja snowman (chopsticks) takes 19 damage.
Round 7: Bazaaretw wins the fight!
You acquire an item: chopsticks
After Battle: Frumious Bandersnatch greams happily, baring a mouthful of scarpy teeth.
You gain 10 Beefiness
You gain 9 Wizardliness
You gain 11 Chutzpah

Last edited:

Winterbay

That is odd, because it should only add the triggers for +combat (and removing -combat) if you have the skills to do so and the function that does the adventuring afterwards calls "mood execute" so it should really have cast those skills before trying to adventure which it appears to have not done.

The script thinks that ninjas are better if you can do it and so as long as it still thinks you can it will ignore any progress you've made towards the other goal, also there is no way to know that you've encountered any of the noncombats. It's not being tracked in any way by Mafia.

caelea

sorry if this has been posted recently, but the script is stopping every 4 turns for me after using a dance card and getting Rotting Matilda. Though it looks like some interaction with CounterChecker

Multiple matches against Hidden City.
Bad location value: "Hidden City" (CounterChecker.ash, line 78)

Theraze

And it means you're using an old version of CounterChecker... update to a new version and the problem should go away.

I'm encountering an interesting issue. I manually completed the trapper quest by using clovers to bypass the mine. Whenever I try to relaunch the ascend script now it wants to adventure for the mining gear even though that part of the quest is done (please note that I am in zombiecore so the writing changes in the council might cause a problem).

Is there any way for me to tell the script that I don't need to do the level 8 quest as it is complete?

Winterbay

If the entire quest is done you should be able to set the script to skip it by setting the Mafia setting questL08Trapper to "finished" ("set questL08Trapper = finished"). If it's just the mining that you've done then you need to set bcasc_stage_mining to what number your ascencion you are on, so "ash set_property("bcasc_stage_mining", my_ascensions());"

If the entire quest is done you should be able to set the script to skip it by setting the Mafia setting questL08Trapper to "finished" ("set questL08Trapper = finished"). If it's just the mining that you've done then you need to set bcasc_stage_mining to what number your ascencion you are on, so "ash set_property("bcasc_stage_mining", my_ascensions());"

Thanks I'll try that!

razorboy

Quick question, sorry if it's covered somewhere in this thread, it's too long to completely ingest.

I just started using this script (kudos, btw!) and everything seems to work fine, except it doesn't eat or drink automatically. Is this expected, or do I need to turn something on? I'm on an HC no-path run.

Thanks!

Winterbay

It is expected. Eating and drinking is left to the player (eatdrink.ash can be used if you really don't want to think yourself).

Ok Im sure it something I'm doing but I thought I'd ask. When I get to the level 8 quest it will adventure once at the lair of the ninja snowmen then auto abort.

[418] Ninja Snowmen
Strategy: C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\KoLmafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: Cereal killer 024 wins initiative!
Round 1: Cereal killer 024 tries to steal an item!
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
Round 2: Cereal killer 024 executes a macro!
Round 2: Cereal killer 024 attacks!
Round 3: ninja snowman (hilt/mask) takes 25 damage.
Round 3: Cereal killer 024 attacks!
Round 4: ninja snowman (hilt/mask) takes 29 damage.
Round 4: Cereal killer 024 attacks!
Round 5: ninja snowman (hilt/mask) takes 37 damage.
Round 5: Cereal killer 024 wins the fight!
You acquire an item: frigid ninja stars
After Battle: With a sound that's a cross 'tween a squick and a shqueese, / your Groose, he produces a small glob of grease.
You acquire an item: groose grease
After Battle: With a smile and a wink and a wink and a smile, / your Bloovian Groose is quite cute -- no denial!
You gain 7 Beefiness
You gain 6 Enchantedness
You gain 19 Cheek

Conditions not satisfied after 1 adventure.
BCC: You aborted, so so am I. This abort may have been caused by a rogue condition not being met. If this is unexpected, please paste the CLI output, as well as the results of typing 'condition check' without the quotes, into the mafia CLI window now.

And can someone let me know how to do the Code: window so I can put it in there instead of copy paste.

Bazaaretw

I've noticed that it doesn't like to keep up Leash and Empathy, Leash comes up sometimes, but I've never once seen it cast Empathy.

Winterbay

Ok Im sure it something I'm doing but I thought I'd ask. When I get to the level 8 quest it will adventure once at the lair of the ninja snowmen then auto abort.

[418] Ninja Snowmen
Strategy: C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\KoLmafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: Cereal killer 024 wins initiative!
Round 1: Cereal killer 024 tries to steal an item!
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
Round 2: Cereal killer 024 executes a macro!
Round 2: Cereal killer 024 attacks!
Round 3: ninja snowman (hilt/mask) takes 25 damage.
Round 3: Cereal killer 024 attacks!
Round 4: ninja snowman (hilt/mask) takes 29 damage.
Round 4: Cereal killer 024 attacks!
Round 5: ninja snowman (hilt/mask) takes 37 damage.
Round 5: Cereal killer 024 wins the fight!
You acquire an item: frigid ninja stars
After Battle: With a sound that's a cross 'tween a squick and a shqueese, / your Groose, he produces a small glob of grease.
You acquire an item: groose grease
After Battle: With a smile and a wink and a wink and a smile, / your Bloovian Groose is quite cute -- no denial!
You gain 7 Beefiness
You gain 6 Enchantedness
You gain 19 Cheek

Conditions not satisfied after 1 adventure.
BCC: You aborted, so so am I. This abort may have been caused by a rogue condition not being met. If this is unexpected, please paste the CLI output, as well as the results of typing 'condition check' without the quotes, into the mafia CLI window now.

And can someone let me know how to do the Code: window so I can put it in there instead of copy paste.

Code tags are created by having code and /code within [].

That said, try typing "condition clear" into the cli and see if that helps.
Other than that I think I need some more information on exactly what it's done before in that quest to see where it may have gone wrong (there is a small bug currently if you abort in the middle of it which may contribute, but I'm not sure).

I've noticed that it doesn't like to keep up Leash and Empathy, Leash comes up sometimes, but I've never once seen it cast Empathy.

Unless you have a higher level totem Empathy is very cost inefficient and the scirpt has enough meat problems as it is without it. It will however use empathy during the nuns.

Bazaaretw

I figured out the issue with adventuring in for the Ninja Assassin's, They are too powerful to kill, they two shot me, and I have a very reasonable amount of skills, as well as being a moxie class, I feel like something needs to change there to allow for safe moxie on they quest, otherwise it will just burn all your adventures and meat trying to get the equipment, but just dying over and over again.

Winterbay

Also, if it two shots you, you are doing things wrong as it has roughly no HP at all (I killed it by the retaliatory damage from my saucespheres without ever having to attack it...).

Bazaaretw

Also, if it two shots you, you are doing things wrong as it has roughly no HP at all (I killed it by the retaliatory damage from my saucespheres without ever having to attack it...).

Interesting, I don't think I even have saucesphere except for elemental for protection, and I never had initiative over him, I also just couldn't hit it with Moxious Maneuvers... So you would suggest obtaining the other sauce buffs, and the script will keep them up and kill him?