bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

goom

could you direct me to a list of commands for script setup?
i read somewhere that this script at one point was planned to do the eating drinking and spleening for you,
if such a list exists i suggest you add it on the first post so others won't bother you like me.

Theraze

For the most part, I'm using Bale's DestroyAllMonsters script for my combats. It does use up paperclip sproingers and get stuck at other times, but as long as the monsters have accurate data in their files, it does a fairly decent job of keeping combat running smoothly.

Winterbay

I have a few questions. I'm sorry if they've been answered previously or are just really stupid, but it's too much to read through all those posts.

I started using this script for a new character I just made, muscle class (cause i didn't know this was mostly for moxie-classes).
Why does it keep on running away from battles? Plus, it also keeps on adventuring in places that are far too dangerous for me right now.
As of right now, it's stuck trying to enter the pirate's cove even though I don't have enough base stat to enter the place. It won't do much else.
I thought it based adventuring off of safe moxie.

Also, if I don't run it as HC, does it buy items when I need to use them?

It keeps running away because you are in a casual run (i.e. your first) and as such the script behaves as if it would for a more experienced and olde raccount. In the relay_script you can change it to always play like Hardcore, but on the other hand then it may not buy things. I'm not sure :)

stannius

It keeps running away because you are in a casual run (i.e. your first) and as such the script behaves as if it would for a more experienced and olde raccount. In the relay_script you can change it to always play like Hardcore, but on the other hand then it may not buy things. I'm not sure :)

It buys some things (most noticeably, to me, is tomb ratchets) but at least it doesn't run away.

I thought there was a setting you had to set to get the script to run at all in softcore: bcasc_doNotRemindAboutSoftcore

I'm getting some kind of loop error ... the script is trying to adventure in the Haunted Bedroom, but it says "Your stats are too low for this location." Yet it gets stuck trying to go there over and over again and won't do anything else.

Winterbay

That happens to me from time to time as well. If you have some way of buffing your stats up do that before running the script and it should be fine. I often use a tomato potion or similar.

Bale

Minion
For the most part, I'm using Bale's DestroyAllMonsters script for my combats. It does use up paperclip sproingers and get stuck at other times, but as long as the monsters have accurate data in their files, it does a fairly decent job of keeping combat running smoothly.

Sweet, where's that? Can't seem to find the thread.

I just made a thread for the script today. You can now find it HERE.

bumcheekcity

Break. Version 0.35 will be released now. The new challenge path is not supported by 0.35. Mafia will certainly need some updates to consider how best to approach the problem.

Code:
0.35- Fix a bug with outfits and fistcore. 
		- Don't use radio if you can't afford it. 
		- Fix bug with telescope backfarming.
		- Save you from drunk self.
		- Don't fax LFM after the war.
		- Don't use DOD potions if you're > 16 drunk.
		- Don't fax a monster if you have no adventures.

bumcheekcity

Fair warning, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that the new challenge path will be supported, because it'll inevitably need monthly tweaks.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The new challenge path is not supported by 0.35. Mafia will certainly need some updates to consider how best to approach the problem.
And those updates would be ... what, exactly?

- KoLmafia can tell you if you are on the challenge path.
- KoLmafia has ASH functions to easily check if any item, familiar, or skill is available on this challenge path.

Claiming that "Mafia needs updates" sure sounds like a cop-out on your part - unless you can explain exactly what you need that is missing.

It really pisses me off when a script writer's immediate reaction to something is "oh, that's a problem with KoLmafia."

Back up your claim.

Fair warning, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that the new challenge path will be supported, because it'll inevitably need monthly tweaks.

Try thinking harder. Your script already does not REQUIRE that any particular skill, item, or familiar be available. The path simply changes the set of those which happen to be available at any particular time - and KoLmafia will track that effortlessly.

Another cop-out.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Mafia will need the is_trendy() functions you added. I didn't know you'd added them when I made that post, didn't think it reasonable to assume they would be added so quickly, and am genuinely grateful. Happy now?

Seriously, you don't have to get so defensive all the damn time.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Mafia will simply not be aware of trendy skills, so it is as if you didn't have them at all. That is because KoL already filters out untrendy skills in the Character Sheet.

For familiars, you will simply need a wrapper function to replace have_familiar():
PHP:
boolean familiar_available( familiar it )
{
	if ( !have_familiar( it ) ) return false;
	if ( my_path() == "Bees Hate You" )
	{
		return !it.to_lower_case().contains_text( "b" );
	}
	if ( my_path() == "Trendy" )
	{
		return it.is_trendy();
	}
	return true;
}

bumcheekcity

Hmmm... it seems that the ascension script might be OK, but the snapshot one may need updating. But then, it's needed updating for a year and I haven't done it, so I'll probably just tell people not to update while they're trendy.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Mafia will need the is_trendy() functions you added. I didn't know you'd added them when I made that post, didn't think it reasonable to assume they would be added so quickly
I was irritated because I added the functions on DAY ONE of the new challenge path, about 4 hours after I learned about it, I added them specifically because I figured that YOUR SCRIPT would find them useful - and then, 8 hours after I did that, your FIRST POST claimed that KoLmafia needed lots of work before you could support the challenge path - and then your second post said that you wouldn't do it because it was too hard.

am genuinely grateful. Happy now?

OK

lightwolf

The only place bumcheekcend uses trendy stuff right now is with familiar usage, isn't it? Mostly either in default familiars (which can be edited) or spleen item hunting. (And faxes I guess... are they really going to take faxes out of trendy?)

If nothing else, the user could always just set it to 100% familiar mode for now and use some basic familiar. I wouldn't imagine your script even needs to bother worrying about monthly updating the list for the most part. Maybe if there was an option to do a BM / vanilla game style run, only using basic familiars or whatever.

I'm about to jump back in to auto ascending to test this out.

Edit: Bwhahaha, was not expecting that...
Edit Edit: For clarity, this was using the 10006 latest version of mafia.

Code:
Ascending Starting
Doing a check for Telescope Items
Level 1 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [guild].
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
24 combinations checked, best score -60.75
Wielding rubber band gun...
Equipment changed.
Pulling items from storage...
You need 1 more The Spirit of Crimbo to continue.
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

Bumcheek

Kudos on this great script.

I suspect the answer is buried somewhere in the 187 pages but when adventuring in the junkyard:

1) Why do you have the character remove the familiar?

2) Would it possible or even worth it to put a limiter on the rounds spent. Say by Round 18 if using sing the molybdenum object has not dropped it is fairly certain it will not drop. So switch from using sing to all out attack.

Granted the turns lost to combat reaching 30 and ending in defeat are minimal at best.

I still manage to pull of 4 day HC runs with ease if I tweak day 1.