bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Ferdawoon

Oh, any news on what the problem was with maximizer doing two or three maximizing commands? The last one, "2 beeosity, +shield", always overwrite anything before it, meaning places that require outfits such as the Pirate cove, the lvl12 quest, etc, fail? If it is just an easy fix, I would love to be able to edit it into my own version until v0.34 is released.
Also, as it do not maximize for mainstat that last time, a bit of powerleveling could be avoided (had about 15 buffed mainstat points difference at some point last run).

I'm currently having the script abort every time it uses Kasestorm. Further, it appears to not be considering stringozzi serpent, which in many case would be better.

Sample from CLI
Code:
[969] Hole in the Sky
Encounter: The Muff
Strategy: skill stringozzi serpent
Round 0: deathless assassin wins initiative!
BCC: Monster HP is 160
BCC: These are the figures for Käsesoßesturm: Bonus: 20.0 and 1.95%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 168.0
BCC: Neutral Element to our pasta tuning.
BCC: I expect 111 damage from Käsesoßesturm
BCC: These are the figures for Ravioli Shurikens: Bonus: 20.0 and 1.95%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 168.0
BCC: I expect 53 damage from Ravioli Shurikens
BCC: These are the figures for Spaghetti Spear: Bonus: 20.0 and 1.95%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 168.0
BCC: I expect 9 damage from Spaghetti Spear
Round 1: deathless assassin casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
BCC: Monster HP is 160
BCC: These are the figures for Käsesoßesturm: Bonus: 20.0 and 1.95%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 168.0
BCC: Neutral Element to our pasta tuning.
BCC: I expect 111 damage from Käsesoßesturm
BCC: These are the figures for Ravioli Shurikens: Bonus: 20.0 and 1.95%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 168.0
BCC: I expect 53 damage from Ravioli Shurikens
BCC: These are the figures for Spaghetti Spear: Bonus: 20.0 and 1.95%//0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/0.0/El: 0.0/Myst: 168.0
BCC: I expect 9 damage from Spaghetti Spear
BCC: We are going to two-shot with Käsesoßesturm
Round 2: deathless assassin executes a macro!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 2
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

Upon viewing the relay browser I see this message in combat:
Too many, or zero, matches for skill, "K&auml", macro aborted. Damned umlauts.

edit: it's worth pointing out the serpent would have been a better choice than kasestormx2, as far as MP economy, since serpent would have 1 shotted it for 13MP

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

I just tried this script for the first time: Way of the Surprising Fist and Sauceror and the first thing the script did after initializing was try to procure a stolen accordion by buying chewing gum on a stick. There was no meat to get purchase anything at that point and the script aborted.

I saw a post in the Sourceforge bug tracker that reported similar behavior when the script is set to procure tower items as you go rather than at level 13. I'll change that setting and try it again on the next ascension.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

If Way of the Surprising Fist or myst runs were officially supported, I'd consider that quite a failure.

WOTSF works OKish if you're prepared to do the first five or so levels manually. And get the scrolls, and set your CCS.

noodlesalan

I am having an issue with actually running the script. I'm running softcore and have already set the relay scripts and the additional scripts I needed to download. I've already set the relay script via the relay browser and have put in the appropriate settings. After finishing, I ran v0.33 and came up with the general error:

Code:
You are in softcore. The script behaves differently for softcore and requires you to follow the small number of instructions in the following page - http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=4963
To remove this notice and be able to use the script, please set the appropriate option in the relay script (which you can find on the kolmafia.us forum thread for this script).

Any ideas?

slyz

Developer
Oh sorry, I missed the end of the text in your code tag.

type
Code:
set bcasc_doNotRemindAboutSoftcore = true
in the gCLI

Bazaaretw

In short: not really, though I'll integrate fixes if someone write a nice function to get familiars in bad moon or something. Because it's only ever going to do moxie bad moon anyway, I didn't see the point to save two runs, where it'll probably do fairly well once you've played two or three days.

So back to the topic of Badmoon, I'm near the ending of my run using your script and I encountered one issue.

Code:
BCC: We have not completed the stage [wand].
BCC: Burning off teleportitis
Your telescope is unavailable in Bad Moon.
Internal error. Couldn't sort out telescope text.
I've also tried each true/false options revolving around the scope, same end result.

slyz

Developer
In bcascTeleportitisBurn():
PHP:
if (get_property("telescopeUpgrades") >= 7) {
should be changed to
PHP:
if (!in_bad_moon() && get_property("telescopeUpgrades") >= 7) {

If Way of the Surprising Fist or myst runs were officially supported, I'd consider that quite a failure.

WOTSF works OKish if you're prepared to do the first five or so levels manually. And get the scrolls, and set your CCS.

I'm on a HC AT Fist run and with ignore MCD set to true it was still wanting to buy a detuned radio on me. Since I didn't really have the meat to waste on one, I didn't start using the script until day 3 and part way through the level 7 quests (where I finally got the meat to buy a radio).

On a side note, you have to cast worldpunch and mine on your own. The script kept dying, even when I manually cast worldpunch and fired it back up. No big deal there though.

Last edited:

Bazaaretw

Bad Moon is not supported. though with that said, if you get the familiard manually, it should be just those very small errors.

Well, I also assume this same error would happen while in any other mode without owning a telescope? Unless mafia records the ownership of the telescope as a marker, and the script follows that marker as proof it exists.

Just for reference, the error went away once teleportis was gone.

lightwolf

"BCC: Getting another Hedge Maze

When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
When I run low on Disco State of Mind, cast 1 Disco Aerobics
Mood swing complete.
Need to Level up a bit to get 246 Mainstat
BCC: levelMe(246, false) called.
When I run low on Disco State of Mind, cast 1 Disco Aerobics
Mood swing complete.
Need to Level up a bit to get at least 246 buffed Primestat. This means getting 39 Primestat."

The hell... and im at level 13 already. I mean, I am in fist core so I don't have weapons to buff my moxie, but its been consistently trying to over level this whole run. I don't know if this is a problem with fist core only... but i didn't have this problem when running the script with my muscle or myst fist core runs.

also, i know its not officially supported, but technically if you are using drunken baby combat macro you should never have to level except for zone/stat requirements.

And as a note to everyone else who trying to use this script in fist core, make sure to add protector spirits and the boss to your macro to use stinkpalm instead or they will never die.

Is there also a fix for the Level 12 side quest for the Nuns? Where the script buffs all the +meat and uses 1 turn and then goes back to the war? Or am I the only ones that has it? (will post in sourceforge if needed).