bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

I have just killed the boss bat, and I do not enough moxie for the next phase. This is how 0.15 reacted:

BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [8bit].

Maximizing...
32 combinations checked, best score 36.0 (FAIL)
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

This is how 0.14.0 (with Friar's gate part manually altered) reacted in this exact scenario:

BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
Need to Level up a bit to get at least 20 base Moxie
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: Substats: 0 / 0 / 79
Substats: 0 / 0 / 79

Request 1 of 32 (Woods: Hidden Temple) in progress...

[127] Hidden Temple
Encounter: Lightning Trap
You gain 32 Mysteriousness
You gain a Mysticality point!
etc

EDIT: This is a moxie run.

Even more EDIT action:
Okay so I did the above, and the old version of the script then proceeded to get the harem outfit and the dinghy. Afterwards, I received
Maximizing...
16 combinations checked, best score 48.0 (FAIL)

That was with the modified 0.14.0. I tried immediately after with 0.15, and got

Maximizing...
16 combinations checked, best score 38.0 (FAIL)

It's strange that a) neither work, and b) the maximized values are different.

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

I got the same as Shadwmaster00:
Code:
Maximizing...
16 combinations checked, best score 37.0 (FAIL)
The Maximizer command is: mainstat +equip continuum transfunctioner, 1 hand -ml -tie
It could be that I don't have the transfunctioner yet, and if I get it manually, the script keep on ticking. It do however fail to get a 1-hand ranged weapon and want to use the goblin tongs instead, making mafia tell me that I can't hit anything in the zone, and then looping:
Code:
Maximizing...
16 combinations checked, best score 35.0
Wielding Knob Goblin tongs...
Equipment changed.
Holding continuum transfunctioner...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Boss Bat britches...
Equipment changed.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
Conditions list cleared.
Condition set: digital key
digital key
BCC: Getting the Digital Key

When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
When I run low on The Magical Mojomuscular Melody, cast 1 The Magical Mojomuscular Melody
When I run low on Mariachi Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
When I run low on The Magical Mojomuscular Melody, cast 1 The Magical Mojomuscular Melody
Casting Moxie of the Mariachi 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Mariachi Mood (duration: 5 Adventures)
Moxie of the Mariachi was successfully cast.
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
8 combinations checked, best score 39.0
Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
Putting Gorg the Knob Goblin Organ Grinder back into terrarium...
Taking Gon the Jumpsuited Hound Dog out of terrarium...
Mood swing complete.
BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
BCC: We CAN set the MCD.

Request 1 of 9 (Woods: 8-Bit Realm) in progress...
You can't hit anything there.

Conditions list cleared.
digital key

Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
Mood swing complete.

Request 1 of 9 (Woods: 8-Bit Realm) in progress...
You can't hit anything there.

Conditions list cleared.
digital key

Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
Mood swing complete.
KoLmafia declares world peace.

I do have a disco ball in my inventory, so I guess it is just the maximizer command missing the Ranged Weapon Only-tag, which it seem to be missing in a few places. I reported it using the Drowsy Sword during the lvl12 (side)quest earlier.

Last edited:

Winterbay

The problem is that the script tries to maximize with the transfunctioner before it actually goes to get it. It would probably make more sense to do:
Code:
boolean bcasc8Bit() {
	if (checkStage("8bit")) return true;

if (i_a("continuum transfunctioner") == 0) visit_url("mystic.php?action=crackyes3"); //Make sure we get the transfunctioner
	//Maximize depending on main stat
	buMax("+equip continuum transfunctioner, 1 hand" + (my_primestat() == $stat[Muscle] ? ", +melee" : ", -melee"));
	//Crude check for a one-handed ranged weapon. 
	if (equipped_item($slot[weapon]) == $item[none]) {
		cli_execute("buy slingshot");
		equip($slot[weapon], $item[slingshot]);
	}

while (i_a("digital key") == 0) {
		//Get the digital key	
		bumAdv($location[8-Bit Realm], "", "items", "1 digital key", "Getting the Digital Key");
	}
	checkStage("8bit", true);
	return true;
}

ETA: I just got to that part (as a TT) and the above function worked perfectly.

Last edited:

Theraze

Hmm... problem with that is that if you don't have a 1 handed ranged weapon when you run the maximize, while you've bought one, you don't equip it... Might be better to run
PHP:
if (!maximize("1 hand, " + my_primestat() == $stat[Muscle] ? ", +melee" : ", -melee", true)) {
if (my_primestat() == $stat[Muscle]) ? cli_execute("buy cool whip") : cli_execute("buy slingshot");
}
before the buMax line instead...

Winterbay

Basically the only classes with a problem at this point are moxie classes since both Muscle class epic weapons are 1-handed so the check for a muscle weapon isn't really needed.

And yes, the slingshot should get equipped somewhere I guess :) - code edited to that extent

Theraze

Well, if someone manages to pulverize their starter weapon by being an idiot or something, I didn't want to leave them out. :D And you can use the whip to finish the Dakota quest, so...

Gruddlefitt

First of all I would like to thank you for this great script.

For some reason the script refused to run 3/4 through my adventures today, maybe related to an update of the CounterChecker script and my Semi Rare counter running out.
The problems occurred both with 0.15 and 0.14.1 versions of the script.
Below are the errors I had to fix.

Bad item value: "richards star key" (bumcheekascend v0.15.ash, line 1525) <-- Fixed to richard's
Bad item value: "your fathers macguffin diary" (bumcheekascend v0.15.ash, line 2101) <-- Fixed to father's
Bad item value: "your fathers macguffin diary" (bumcheekascend v0.15.ash, line 2105) <-- Fixed to father's
Bad item value: "ballroom key" (bumcheekascend v0.15.ash, line 2119) <-- Fixed to spookyraven ballroom key

Last edited:

Gruddlefitt

Mafia revision 8976.
As I mentioned it was fine the at the beginning of the day (and also yesterday).
The only thing I remember changing today was updating the CounterChecker script and that was almost in the beginning of the day.

Theraze

Did notice that as a difference in my version of CC as opposed to the released new version... all the apostrophes mine had ran away. (Basically, no apostrophes in items or locations in the new CC script)

lightwolf

Starting a muscle test run.

First thing, Baby fresh run stops the script cause i don't have an accordion at this point. At the start of the run I'm selling the pork gems and VIP Tree gift item: was wondering why the script dose not attempt to fish for the accordion? It is "guaranteed" to get it eventually, and needs to fish for the trinkets for clovers, hub caps, planks anyway...

I fix this manually and then get this...
(Spoiler: The bug seems to be when the telescope reveals you need both a razor can lid and a spider web at the start of an ascension)

Code:
Ascending     Starting
Doing     a check for Telescope Items
BCC: You     haven't completed the stage '' for the for telescope part 7
Resetting     mind control device...
Conditions list     cleared.
Condition set: razor-sharp can lid
razor-sharp can lid
BCC:     Getting a razor-sharp can lid for the NS tower because we have finished     the stage ' in this script.

When I run low on The Magical     Mojomuscular Melody, cast 1 The Magical Mojomuscular Melody
BCC:     You don't have a shield. It might be better to get one. 
When I     run low on The Magical Mojomuscular Melody, cast 1 The Magical     Mojomuscular Melody
When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The     Moxious Madrigal
Already updated from     http://zachbardon.com/mafiatools/updateprices.php?action=getmap in this     session.
Already updated from http://nixietube.info/mallprices.txt in     this session.
Pricelist updated.
_meatpermp     => 17.0
_meatperhp => 6.6666665
_version_BalesUniversalRecovery     => 3.52
Unable to load current version info.
Restoring     MP! Currently at 29 of 29 HP, 0 of 56 MP, current meat: 2000 ... Target MP     = 3.
Visiting Doc Galaktik...

Restore 3 MP at Doc     Galaktik's
You gain 3 Muscularity Points
You spent 51 Meat
Cure     purchased.
Casting The Magical Mojomuscular Melody 1 times...
You     acquire an effect: The Magical Mojomuscular Melody (duration: 5 Adventures)
The     Magical Mojomuscular Melody was successfully cast.
Restoring     MP! Currently at 29 of 29 HP, 0 of 56 MP, current meat: 1949 ... Target MP     = 2.
Visiting Doc Galaktik...

Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
4     combinations checked, best score 4.0
Putting on helmet turtle...
Equipment     changed.
Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited hound     dog' where x=1
Need to Level up a bit to get 5 Mainstat
Maximizing...
4     combinations checked, best score 4.0
When I run low on The Magical     Mojomuscular Melody, cast 1 The Magical Mojomuscular Melody
When I     run low on The Magical Mojomuscular Melody, cast 1 The Magical     Mojomuscular Melody
Mood swing complete.
Need to     Level up a bit to get at least 5 buffed Primestat This means getting 1     Primestat.
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added:     Substats: 7 / 0 / 2,038
Substats: 7 / 0 / 2,038
Mood swing complete.

Request     1 of 40 (Town: Sleazy Back Alley) in progress...

Ok... I just checked my telescope and it dose in fact call for a sticky web AND a razor sharp can lid.

The very start of the script claims it is setting the condition for the can lid. It dose not mention the sticky web at all. It then proceeds to set the goals to "4 muscle, 45 moxie" and starts trying to level in the back alley anyway...

At this point, I manualy adventure in the back ally and get the Sticky web i need. I also reach level 2 (5 main prime stat) at this point as well. I then run the script again

Code:
Ascending     Starting
Resetting     mind control device...
Conditions list     cleared.
Condition set: razor-sharp can lid
razor-sharp can lid
BCC:     Getting a razor-sharp can lid for the NS tower because we have finished     the stage ' in this script.

Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
4     combinations checked, best score 6.0
Checking for     familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
Mood swing complete.
BCC:     We should set the MCD if we can.

Request 1 of 29 (Town:     Sleazy Back Alley) in progress...

[12] Sleazy Back Alley
ect

Request     2 of 29 (Town: Sleazy Back Alley) in progress...
[13] Sleazy Back     Alley
Encounter: big creepy spider
ect 

Request 3 of 29 (Town:     Sleazy Back Alley) in progress...
KoLmafia declares     world peace.
[14] Sleazy Back Alley
Encounter: rushing bum
Strategy:     attack with weapon
Round 0: lightwolf wins initiative!

At this point it set my objective to "+1 razor-sharp can lid" and then started adventuring in the back alley again anyway...

I manualy adventure in the pantry until i get the razor sharp can lid, and run the script again...

Code:
Ascending     Starting
BCC:     You have at least one razor-sharp can lid for telescope part 6
BCC:     You haven't completed the stage '' for the for telescope part 5
BCC:     You have at least one spider web for telescope part 4
BCC:     You haven't completed the stage 'bats1' for the sonar-in-a-biscuit for     telescope part 3
BCC: You haven't completed     the stage 'knobking' for the disease for telescope part 2
BCC:     You haven't completed the stage 'castle' for the thin black candle for     telescope part 1
Level 1 Starting
BCC:     We have not completed the stage [toot].
mineLayout1 =>
trapperOre     =>
BCC: We have completed the stage [toot] and     need to set it as so.
bcasc_stage_toot => 65
BCC:     We have completed the stage [toot].
BCC: We     have not completed the stage [knob].
Resetting mind control     device...
Conditions list cleared.
Condition     set: Knob Goblin encryption key
Knob Goblin encryption key
BCC:     Let's get the Encryption Key

And it now seems to be continuing normally.

Also question, is the muscle ascension mode going to attempt to use "Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith" if you have it?

Last edited:

Winterbay

The problem with the telescope is known and should probably be fixed in 0.16, basically it currently has the wrong location for some of them.

Winterbay

I've discovered a small problem with the Innaboxen-function. It checks to see if you've defeated the bonerdagon and if you have clovers for things. If you haven't (which you most likely haven't at least not as a Muscle class since the check for that is moxie > 110 before it tries to attack it) it sets the innaboxen to true and thinks that is that.
Moving the setting of that stage as complete into the if-statement above will at least make it check again every time you rerun the script until you actually have defeated the dagon.

JoK[e]

So I've been playing around a bit as a muscle class in .15. Curiously, despite the fact that I have a shield equipped and another in inventory, the script keeps telling me that I have no shield, and should probably get one. This seems to have had no real effect on my run so far.

bumcheekcity

I haven't found a great method of detecting shields yet. I basically just do a manual search through a hardcoded list of all shields. It's not great.

lightwolf

Just reached the point in my muscle run where i am starting the friars quest.

At this point, I only had 40 some buffed muscle. The script then decided to grind me up to 52 main stat in the temple for 40 some adventures so I could adventure in the friars.

But it could have just cast "The Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith" which is kind of a big deal for muscle runs since its going to take the place of The Moxious Madrigal, especially after getting the guaranteed shield from the friars quest.

At this point in muscle scripting, it may also be worth giving the player the option of stopping the script after yellow raying the Harem girl, so the player can manually get the Goblin king Helmet; or even their epic weapon.

At least one or two of those muscle boosters is going to be a big difference in surviving the Friars to get the Hot Plate shield for your muscle run. (Using all 3 of those allowed me to get 79 buffed muscle when i had 36 base stat in the middle of level 6.)

Edit: even when a manually add Power ballad to moods, the script removes it, and also keeps adding Madrigal which is useless at this point past level 6. Without the +10 muscle buff i keep hitting points past level 6 where it goes back to the temple to level 5 more main stat i dont actually need.

Last edited:

PadainFain

This was an amusing aside to using this as a MUS class today... Maximizing MUS yielded me equipping a Stapler Bear in my offhand instead of my Black Shield (same +MUS). After equipping the shield it remained as that, since Maximize will only return improvements to the requested function.

Not a problem with the script except as discussed above, detecting Shield type would be nice. I just thought it was very funny.

bumcheekcity

I didn't know that function, Veracity, thanks. I could maximize and then check the item type of that which is in my offhand, or perhaps speculatively maximize, of course. Just not sure whether that could take too long. Ah, I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Theraze

Can't you maximize +shield, 1 hand, +melee, while checking for success/failure? Or does that not guarantee success?