bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Winterbay

Mine has always gone forward with 7 insults so far, could be because I've set my CCS to always insult pirates when in the Barrr I guess, so I had that many when I got to the part when it was necessary). Has this changed in 0.15? (have not looked at the code for that part very much)

StDoodle

Minion
Nevermind, I was an idiot and looking at the line that checks to see if you should still use the insult book, instead of the line that tries to advance the quest. Argh.

picklish

All done except the telescope one. I feel it's better if it picks up the items when the stats are more relevant. I'm willing to change the scope to just before the lair if people generally think it's better. Anyone want to chime in with any opinions?

Hmm, maybe I should clarify. As far as I see it, there are three options:
A) don't use the telescope at all.
B) use the telescope to get items mid-run.
C) use the telescope to get items pre-tower.

The original script did (A) xor (B) depending on the value of the telescope flag. My change is to do (B) if and only if the telescope flag is set, but to always do (C). My argument is that (A) is not a useful option and that there's no reason not to do (C).

alfagetti

Hi,

Just started using 0.15 and things had been running smoothly until i hit a loop

Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.

Pages and pages (i was AFK for a few minutes). It looks like i was powerlevelling in the ballroom and had a dance card counter expire when i ran out. Fortunately, liver was empty, and i was able to waltz after drinking.

Edit: i'm moxie right now

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

Using v0.15, and this could be a problem in the previous versions as well. Just not happened to me before.

When trying to fight Ed in the pyramid with less than 7adv the script just stop. Mafia still look busy like the script is running, but all the CLI show is:
Code:
[856] The Middle Chamber
Encounter: Wheel in the Pyramid, Keep on Turning

Conditions satisfied after 1 adventures.

Visit to Pyramid: The Lower Chambers in progress...

[857] The Lower Chambers (Empty/Empty/Ed's Chamber)
Encounter: The Ancient Buried Pyramid

BCC: Fighting Ed

[858] The Lower Chambers (Empty/Empty/Ed's Chamber)
KoLmafia declares world peace.
And that world peace is me aborting the script. Add a checker for the neccesary number of Adv before engaging Ed and if less than 7, stop the script explaining that you need at least 7 adv to fight Ed.

alfagetti

Another issue arising in 0.15, i can't remember if i have had this problem before.

Was in the haunted cellar collecting wine, then i had to stop the script (kids screaming and all). I came back, restarted the script, it proceeded to check my progress, stated the following:

Code:
Level 11 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinprelim].
BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinpalin].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [macguffinspooky].
dusty bottle of Merlot: great wine
dusty bottle of Port: bad wine
dusty bottle of Pinot Noir: glassy wine
dusty bottle of Zinfandel: vinegar (Full of     Vinegar)
dusty bottle of Marsala: average wine
dusty bottle of Muscat: spooky wine (Kiss of the Black Fairy)
Putting on Lord Spookyraven's spectacles...
Equipment changed.
Visiting the Deep Fat Friars...
You can only get one blessing a day from the Deep Fat Friars.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
Conditions list cleared.

Condition already met: dusty bottle of Pinot Noir
Condition already met: dusty bottle of Merlot
Condition already met: dusty bottle of Zinfandel

BCC: Getting the three wines (dusty bottle of Pinot Noir, dusty bottle of Merlot, dusty bottle of Zinfandel)

(goes through the mood check)

Request 1 of 14 (Manor0: Haunted Wine Cellar (automatic)) in progress...

[967]     Haunted Wine Cellar (Southwest)
Encounter: possessed wine rack
Strategy:    \kolmafia\ccs\default.ccs     [default]
Round 0: alfagetti wins initiative!
(unable to macrofy due to action: consult SmartStasis.ash)
Round 1: alfagetti attacks!
You lose 22 hit points
Round 2: alfagetti attacks!
Round 3: alfagetti     attacks!
Round 4: alfagetti attacks!
Round 5: alfagetti attacks!
You     lose 1 hit point
Round 6: alfagetti attacks!
Round 7: alfagetti     attacks!
Round 8: alfagetti attacks!
Round 9: alfagetti wins the fight!
You gain 10 Fortitude
You gain 9 Wizardliness
You gain 26     Smarm"

So its sees i have the wine, but goes back to get more.

At this point, i stopped it, poured the wine and fought Lord Spookyraven manually.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Nevermind, I was an idiot and looking at the line that checks to see if you should still use the insult book, instead of the line that tries to advance the quest. Argh.

I would say the biggest idiot is the one that didn't change that 8 to 7 about ten version ago :p

Fixed in 0.16.

Hi,

Just started using 0.15 and things had been running smoothly until i hit a loop

Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.
Ran out of adventures.

Pages and pages (i was AFK for a few minutes). It looks like i was powerlevelling in the ballroom and had a dance card counter expire when i ran out. Fortunately, liver was empty, and i was able to waltz after drinking.

Edit: i'm moxie right now

Fixed in 0.16.

Using v0.15, and this could be a problem in the previous versions as well. Just not happened to me before.

When trying to fight Ed in the pyramid with less than 7adv the script just stop. Mafia still look busy like the script is running, but all the CLI show is:
Code:
[856] The Middle Chamber
Encounter: Wheel in the Pyramid, Keep on Turning

Conditions satisfied after 1 adventures.

Visit to Pyramid: The Lower Chambers in progress...

[857] The Lower Chambers (Empty/Empty/Ed's Chamber)
Encounter: The Ancient Buried Pyramid

BCC: Fighting Ed

[858] The Lower Chambers (Empty/Empty/Ed's Chamber)
KoLmafia declares world peace.
And that world peace is me aborting the script. Add a checker for the neccesary number of Adv before engaging Ed and if less than 7, stop the script explaining that you need at least 7 adv to fight Ed.

As is this.

Winterbay

The script currently (0.14 related though, so may have been changed in 0.15) enters the battle with the guardian and then aborts telling you to fight him yourself since automation is hard. Would it be possible to avoid entering the battle so that you may prepare however you want and not with whatever the script used before that?
I generally want to cast Snarl of the Timberwolf to increase my elemental damage but when I'm already in the fight it is rather hard... :)

PadainFain

A few notes

When using this script as a Moxie class something I have noticed is that it maximises Moxie with a pretty much carte blanche attitude. There are times when it is adding Moxie well beyond the safe moxie limit for the area.

Instead it could get Moxie to the safe number and then equip for other useful effects. e.g. +Item drops or for the hidden city +elemental damage.

One of the main problems with plinking is the sheer number of turns you expose yourself to potential criticals (and failing to ever kill those damn nurses in the battlefield!). If you can get the fight over in half the rounds but still be over safe moxie it could save quite a few turns from the ascension.

Likewise today using it for a Muscle class it maximises Muscle but ignores Moxie. So it takes lots of damage when there is plenty of scope to get Moxie to the safe limit and keep Muscle high for doing damage. In fact I think it runs better, at the moment, in Moxie mode for Muscle classes. The only issue I had with 0.14 as a muscle class was that it couldn't work out how to improve muscle to enter certain areas.

Perhaps the maximize calls can be adjusted to something like '+mox $safemox min +mainstat' for general use? That would work for the majority of the content. For something like item drops a string like '+mox $safemox min +10item' gives enough weight to item drop to help.

A reasonable compromise for critters resistant to certain damage types seems to be '+mox $safemox min +5<type> dmg'

Winterbay

There's something odd going on with the backfarmin of ninja stars:

Code:
Ascending     Starting
Doing     a check for Telescope Items
Mind     control device reset.
Conditions list cleared.
Condition set: frigid     ninja stars
frigid ninja stars
BCC: Getting a     frigid ninja stars for the NS tower because we have finished the stage     'trapper in this script.

When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair,     use 5 hair spray
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When     I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
When I     run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I run low on Mariachi     Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
When I run low on The Moxious     Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
284     combinations checked, best score 247.0
Putting on worn tophat...
Equipment     changed.
Putting on Boss Bat britches...
Equipment changed.
Putting     on pirate fledges...
Equipment changed.
Checking     for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
Checking     for familiar 'Dandy Lion' where x=2
Checking     for familiar 'slimeling' where x=3
Checking     for familiar 'Coffee Pixie' where x=4
Putting Brog the     Blood-Faced Volleyball back into terrarium...
Taking Arog the Coffee     Pixie out of terrarium...
Mood swing complete.
BCC:     We should set the MCD if we can.
BCC: We     CAN set the MCD.
Mind     control device reset.
211 none does not exist in the     adventure database.
BCC: You have at least     one meat vortex for telescope part 4
BCC:     You have at least one black pepper for telescope part 3
BCC:     You have at least one plot hole for telescope part 2
BCC:     You haven't completed the stage 'ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ' for the wussiness     potion for telescope part 1

It appears that the Mafia name for that area is just "Ninja Snowmen" and lo_location("Lair of the Ninja Snowmen") returns 'none'.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Likewise today using it for a Muscle class it maximises Muscle but ignores Moxie.

Bumcheekcity said somewhere that the script won't do so well as a muscle class without hero. If you have hero and a shield, moxie is completely irrelevant for a muscle class. If you don't have a shield (and can't quickly get one manually) then that won't work so well.

picklish

I'm wondering if buMax() should always apply -melee for moxie classes and +melee +shield for muscle classes. Otherwise, calls like buMax("+outfit hippy") or buMax("+1000 stench res") will equip melee weapons for moxie classes. Talking of which, it looks like you've also got a hardcoded "mox -melee" in the Junkyard, which might cause muscle classes trouble.

StDoodle

Minion
Yeah, just changing the "maxme =" lines to "maxme +=" and adding a space might be a huge improvement.

Edit: doh, more than that is required, since I assume the script handles at least the first few levels without requiring a shield...

Theraze

Bumcheekcity said somewhere that the script won't do so well as a muscle class without hero. If you have hero and a shield, moxie is completely irrelevant for a muscle class. If you don't have a shield (and can't quickly get one manually) then that won't work so well.

Not completely irrelevant. Moxie is still considered for if they miss or not... muscle is just used to calculate damage, so you'll end up taking a lot of 1 damage hits.

picklish

This is maybe a more general question, but my between battle script equips sugar shirts sometimes. When mafia can no longer replace my sugar shirt it aborts adventuring but doesn't abort everything, and (sometimes) bumcheekcend.ash continues going on as if the conditions from adventuring were met. This sometimes causes trouble. Surely, the answer isn't to check the conditions of adventuring after every call to adventure(). Is there some mafia preference I'm missing somewhere to prevent this abort?

ETA: Oops, nevermind. I see it under Choice Adventures -> Items. I never knew that panel even existed before. Silly hidden options.

Last edited:

lightwolf

Code:
 BCC: Getting black pepper for the NS tower because we have finished the stage 'macguffinprelim in this script.

Conditions not satisfied after 39 adventures.
No Adventures. How Sad.

It never actually opens the picnic baskets so it will spend all the remaining adventures in the black forest looking for this item.

As an aside, I find the black pepper to be one of the difficult items that I usually consider using a wand to acquire; which may be worth it if the script isn't using the wand other then for the NS tower.

bumcheekcity

The script currently (0.14 related though, so may have been changed in 0.15) enters the battle with the guardian and then aborts telling you to fight him yourself since automation is hard. Would it be possible to avoid entering the battle so that you may prepare however you want and not with whatever the script used before that?
I generally want to cast Snarl of the Timberwolf to increase my elemental damage but when I'm already in the fight it is rather hard... :)

A not unreasonable suggestion. Done in 0.16.

When using this script as a Moxie class something I have noticed is that it maximises Moxie with a pretty much carte blanche attitude. There are times when it is adding Moxie well beyond the safe moxie limit for the area.

Instead it could get Moxie to the safe number and then equip for other useful effects. e.g. +Item drops or for the hidden city +elemental damage.

One of the main problems with plinking is the sheer number of turns you expose yourself to potential criticals (and failing to ever kill those damn nurses in the battlefield!). If you can get the fight over in half the rounds but still be over safe moxie it could save quite a few turns from the ascension.

Likewise today using it for a Muscle class it maximises Muscle but ignores Moxie. So it takes lots of damage when there is plenty of scope to get Moxie to the safe limit and keep Muscle high for doing damage. In fact I think it runs better, at the moment, in Moxie mode for Muscle classes. The only issue I had with 0.14 as a muscle class was that it couldn't work out how to improve muscle to enter certain areas.

Perhaps the maximize calls can be adjusted to something like '+mox $safemox min +mainstat' for general use? That would work for the majority of the content. For something like item drops a string like '+mox $safemox min +10item' gives enough weight to item drop to help.

A reasonable compromise for critters resistant to certain damage types seems to be '+mox $safemox min +5<type> dmg'

I know, and whilst I accept that it's nowhere near optimal to maximize moxie in locations where you're above safe Moxie levels, it's just so much easier to keep it that way. And muscle classes only began being supported in 0.15. Even if you were using 0.15 and made a typo, Hero is pretty much necessary. Hero-plus-shield means you can play muscle classes like moxie classes by only raising one stat.

There's something odd going on with the backfarmin of ninja stars:

It appears that the Mafia name for that area is just "Ninja Snowmen" and lo_location("Lair of the Ninja Snowmen") returns 'none'.

Nothing odd going on now in 0.16 :D

I'm wondering if buMax() should always apply -melee for moxie classes and +melee +shield for muscle classes. Otherwise, calls like buMax("+outfit hippy") or buMax("+1000 stench res") will equip melee weapons for moxie classes. Talking of which, it looks like you've also got a hardcoded "mox -melee" in the Junkyard, which might cause muscle classes trouble.

Already encountered that problem and fixed it in 0.16.

This is maybe a more general question, but my between battle script equips sugar shirts sometimes. When mafia can no longer replace my sugar shirt it aborts adventuring but doesn't abort everything, and (sometimes) bumcheekcend.ash continues going on as if the conditions from adventuring were met. This sometimes causes trouble. Surely, the answer isn't to check the conditions of adventuring after every call to adventure(). Is there some mafia preference I'm missing somewhere to prevent this abort?

At the bottom of the "Adventure" tab, choose "Choice Advs", then "Item" to the left, then "re-equip from inventory, or previous" for the "Breakable Equipment" option.

It never actually opens the picnic baskets so it will spend all the remaining adventures in the black forest looking for this item.

As an aside, I find the black pepper to be one of the difficult items that I usually consider using a wand to acquire; which may be worth it if the script isn't using the wand other then for the NS tower.

In 0.16, I'm going to have it not get the black pepper, actually. That, the NG and wussiness potion will need some more thought.

Hmm, maybe I should clarify. As far as I see it, there are three options:
A) don't use the telescope at all.
B) use the telescope to get items mid-run.
C) use the telescope to get items pre-tower.

The original script did (A) xor (B) depending on the value of the telescope flag. My change is to do (B) if and only if the telescope flag is set, but to always do (C). My argument is that (A) is not a useful option and that there's no reason not to do (C).

You make a good point. I'm adding an option bcasc_telescopeAsYouGo which will call the scope bit before level 13 if true.

Winterbay

In 0.16, I'm going to have it not get the black pepper, actually. That, the NG and wussiness potion will need some more thought.

What's the problem with the wussiness potion? Running +items in Pandamonium Slums gave me the wussiness potion after 1 turn (luck I guess, but it's not that hard to get one drop). I've modified my 0.15 to do this and it worked fine.

That is, if you get it at the end, getting it on the way is probably a bad idea (since your +item familiar isn't as levelled up).

ETA: I guess something like this might work:
Code:
telescope["a cowardly-looking man"] = new lair((my_level() > 12 ? "Pandamonium Slums" : ""), "a ", "wussiness potion", (my_level() > 12 ? "friars" : "ZZZZZZZZZZZZ"));

Using the newish "? :"-operator.

Last edited:

lightwolf

What's the problem with the wussiness potion? Running +items in Pandamonium Slums gave me the wussiness potion after 1 turn (luck I guess, but it's not that hard to get one drop

Cause your just lucky.

Once the quest is finished, there are about 9 or so monsters in that zone queue (at least before the quest revamp, though i believe the slums is the same thing as the old friars gate with encounters?)

If you wait to finish the quest until you have farmed your potion, you can get it from a zone where it is only 1 of 3 monsters. (Even with the 3 monsters there, you can not encounter the correct monster for some time with bad luck... especially if your sniffing Hellions for cubes. It's happened to me before, and 9 monsters would be even worse)

IMO, i'd want it to farm the wuissnes potion before finishing the quest if that was the option. If I get some more hellion cubes in the process, all the better.