bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Crowther

Ahhh. I didn't realize it was a bug. It sounded like a feature request. And yes, I'm a horrible side tracker.

The second half of your post is what I was trying to address, but I'll back out now.

chi7p1

Hi. I'm running your script and it is very nice ^^ However when I encounter a monster I can't beat, it keeps resting, healing and try again only to fail. Is there an option to avoid that?
Also, can this script auto maximize outfit damage? I let it auto change my outfit so it can do the quest but I have to change back manually to defeat monster

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Hi. I'm running your script and it is very nice ^^ However when I encounter a monster I can't beat, it keeps resting, healing and try again only to fail. Is there an option to avoid that?
Also, can this script auto maximize outfit damage? I let it auto change my outfit so it can do the quest but I have to change back manually to defeat monster

Ideally you would have WHAM as your CCS and then set the BCCA options to use your CCS. That said, WHAM doesn't always kill monsters and BCCA will gladly keep beating your head again the wall, so to speak. The most reliable option I have found is just to set a mood to abort when beaten up or using Universal recovery and telling it to abort when it can't heal.

Ulti

I noticed an issue with "don't touch stuff" when set to true and in possession of the "Knob Goblin Elite Guard Uniform" outfit but not wearing it, when trying to complete the goblin king quest, that it dumps all your turns into the kitchen, I current have 50 Knob mushrooms, in an attempt to get the cake NCs which only happen when in the outfit:
Code:
BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
Level     5 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the     stage [knobking].
BCC: Safe Moxie for     Cobb's Knob Kitchens ignored as bcasc_dontTouchStuff is true
BCC:     Not changing outfit as bcasc_dontTouchStuff is true
BCC:     Switching Familiar for General Use
BCC:     Setting the default familiar to your choice of 'Fist Turkey'.
BCC:     Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax
Resetting mind     control device...
Mind control device reset.
Cleared mood.
Cleared     mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect     just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Butt-Rock     Hair, use 5 hair spray
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
BCC:     Getting the Knob Frosting
Conditions list cleared.
BCC:     Setting goals of '1 knob frosting'...
Condition added: Knob     frosting
BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
BCC:     We CAN set the MCD.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind     control device reset.

Request 1 of 84 (Knob: Cobb's Knob Kitchens)     in progress...

[587] Cobb's Knob Kitchens
Encounter: Knob Goblin     Master Chef

chi7p1

The script seems to set ML to 10 by default with the mind control device. I've try to change all the ML setting, also the don't touch stuff but whether true or false, it keeps changing it. I'm having trouble beating some high level monster. What's the option to set this off? I may have missed it somehow..

Theraze

What you're looking for there is "bcasc_AllowML" which allows the script to add extra ML.
You're also looking for "bcasc_disableMCD" which turns off the script's ability to control the MCD.

If you still have it setting MCD or adding ML... it's probably BBB or some other script causing it. But those are the two bits to disable MCD and ML control for the script.

Ferdawoon

During the Ed-path, things are going reasonably smoothly so far (just my 2nd run though).
This time however it got stuck in a loop trying to open my Guild, which is bad as Ed don't believe in guilds, and as with last time the script abort completely when it try to do the strange Leaflet at level 9.

Code:
Level 9 Starting
Determining current leaflet progress...
Server-side change detected. Script aborted.

Since there is no Leaflet during Ed, can the script be made to just ignore this if on the path?

Theraze

Okay. So Ed now skips the leaflet.

Also marked Ed as a no-familiar guy, and told it to skip acquiring parts for the Wand of Nagamar.

coderanger

I'm guessing not a ton of people are still doing paths where this is a thing, but it would be nice for me at least

-chat_private("FaxBot", request);
+chat_private("EasyFax", mon.to_string());

FaxBot seems pretty much dead at this point.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That is the wrong way to fix it. The script should use the faxbot( monster ) function so mafia can find the appropriate bot to use. I posted that a few months ago in the G-D thread, but apparently that thread is useless, and people would probably be best served by it being locked so they don't think there's a point to posting in it.

Theraze

Since I have never once faxed, if someone wants to give the proper syntax I'll update it. Or someone who actually faxes can fix it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Instead of calling boolean faxMeA(monster mon) (a function in the script), call boolean faxbot( monster ) (a mafia function). Then delete faxMeA() from the script.

coderanger

Another more generally relevant fix is that all the spleen-use calls need to be changed from use() to chew() for newer versions of Mafia. Just search for "groose grease", they are all right next to each other.

Ferdawoon

Ahh also mentioning, during Ed, in the lvl11 quest the journal from the Shore have a different name: "copy of a jerk adventurer's father's diary"
The script opens the Black market as it should, it also take a vacation to get the journal. But it seems that after that there is a detection-problem here where it cannot find the item "your father's MacGuffin diary" (since it is not available in this path) and it cannot get forged identification documents from the Black market in order to get the journal.

Code:
Level 11 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [macguffinprelim].
BCC: Obtaining and Reading the Diary
Purchasing forged identification documents (1 @ 5,000)...
Desired purchase quantity not reached (wanted 1, got 0)
You need 1 more forged identification documents to continue.
BCC: You failed to acquire the forged identification documents. Do you lack the funds?

Further on in the lvl11 quest:
The Spookyraven part is pretty much identical as far as I can see (but instead of killing him you hand over a part of the Staff, in case you need to alter some quest detection strings. Looking for if you have the quest items will not work to see if you have completed a quest. Or, well, it might. If you are lvl11, have split the staff, then if you dont have the part anymore, I guess that could mean you have completed the part of the quest). The script abort after Spookyraven with
Code:
[1324] Summoning Chamber
BCC: You aren't in a combat (or something to do with Ed which I can't work out), so bumRunCombat() doesn't need to do anything.
The Spooky man pwned you with his evil. Fight him yourself.
The Hidden City is also rather similar as far as I can remember.
The Palindome part is a lot different (and shorter). Open up the Palindome and adventure until you get all the paintings, do the non-combat with the painting on shelves and then go talk to Dr. Awkward. After that the quest is done.

After returning all the three pieces of the staff to the bosses the lvl11 quest is completed.

lvl13 is completly gone as well. Ignore Daily Dungeon keys if doing Ed, I guess getting Star key, star gear, etc also can be ignored.

Last edited:

Theraze

Yeah, with how different L11 (noncombats in choice adventure locations, new item names, etc) is, I probably won't be adding in easy-drop support immediately. Maybe in a few weeks when my last softcore standard runs are all done and I start running HC Ed.
For now, expect it to be irregular and not really supported. Since BCA doesn't 'officially' support any paths, that isn't really outside the ordinary. :)

Ulti

So... uh... don't do that?

I mean, we could abort and tell you that you're doing something silly. But...

What's the point of running the script with the "don't touch stuff" option enabled from the beginning of an ascension if the script is destined to eventually get stuck in a loop? I think an abort here would be very helpful to avoid the senseless turn-dumping, if it can simply check if it is wearing the knob goblin elite guard uniform before dumping those turns, and "abort" if it isn't for some reason. Otherwise I'd have to watch my turns being dumped manually to even know when to abort, but come-on, I multi-task and can't be watching the script every second, I check-up on it here and there.

I'd recommend the logic:
http://pastie.org/pastes/10051865/text?key=zgynaaae6evscpjqrgtg

Last edited: