Bug - Not A Bug Bugs Everywhere

Theraze

Beautiful! Any chance you can, if you remember, let us know some of the items that were specifically wrong?

My guess from a quick glance is that there's some item that's loading incorrectly and as it appears that this:
is the way that items are listed (1 item with internal id 1, if I'm reading properly), a single item being off would make you potentially have 2966 of an item instead of 1 of item 2966, etc. Actually, hmm... best thing to do would probably be trying to do a full printout of your items, in order, to see where it starts to fail. Optimally with a debug log as well. I'll need to think about how best to get that listing... is this wrong in your main inventory tab as well as the others? If so, we can probably just do a quick get_inventory and compare that to the debug log...

Edit: Okay... here we are. Did notice something a bit odd on the debug log... the last item doesn't have "" around the quantity, and the number appears to be out of order. Not sure why, but... eh. Anyways, two bits of code to try out. First... the 'official' inventory. Run this and return result:
ash get_inventory();
That should tell us the 'pretty' version of what's in your inventory. Something that's a bit more odd, but should give us something we can compare directly to the debug log:
ashq string list = "{"; boolean first = true; foreach it in get_inventory() { if (item_amount(it) > 0) { if (first) first = false; else list += ","; list += "\""+to_int(it)+"\":\""+item_amount(it)+"\""; } } list += "}"; print_html(list);
If that works the way it appears to be for me, you should end up with something that we can directly compare and see what's different... Copy-paste the results of that one as well, please. :) Running it that way because the debug log from KoL returned in numeric order, but get_inventory returns in alphabetic order, so... we want something that's closer to the KoL output.

Last edited:

Theraze

Do you actually have 80 viking helmets and 428 thin black candles? The two command executions do appear to match up, and it seems to match roughly to your debug log above... 418 thin black candles instead, but that'd make sense if you were farming them.

Is this the character that was having the problems, or is this a different one? Was the main inventory tab having problems as well, or just the tabs that involve creation? If it's just those, try
ash available_amount($item[mulligan stew])
since you mentioned that as one of the problem items. It's possible that it's just showing you how many you can buy... the possible, not current. Which is the way it's supposed to work, I believe...

I do actually have 80 viking helmets and 428 candles, I've been farming in the castle recently while I'm in between runs.

It's this character, and it only affected the create/consume tabs

I got "Returned: 331" but when I restarted mafia I got 0.

Roippi said it doesn't work like that, but I don't know if he's correct.

Theraze

He should be...
> available_amount mugcake

Returned: 0

> npc_price mugcake

Returned: 20
On a briefly aftercore character, they do have more than 20 meat. :) Mugcakes appear as a 20 meat, 0 current in my consume tab. How about yours?

Let's also compare preferences quickly... My options on the first tab of preferences, regarding item retrieval are:
Buy items from NPC stores whenever needed
If you are out of Ronin, pull items from storage whenever needed
Buy items with tokens at coin masters whenever needed
Buy items from the mall whenever needed

Closet and stash are disabled.

So, things I'm curious on regarding your setup:
1) Mugcakes... 20 meat, 0 currently?
2) Specific automatic acquisition settings in preferences

Sorry for the late response, I was in ronin for a while and then I forgot about this.

I have everything on for item retrieval

Mugcakes are 20 meat and 0 current

I think I found the problem. The 1000s of items seem to be coming from "Pull from clan stash."

Though I've always had it on, and the 1000s of items weren't there for quite a while.

You're welcome, but I think it's still a bug?

I mean, I don't think I've ever even pulled something from clan stash, but I know that I've always had it on and that it wasn't like this before.

I'll just take it off though if this has always been like this and maybe I just did something differently beforehand.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You're welcome, but I think it's still a bug?
Why?

I just tried this out with a multi.

1 cherry in inventory. Plenty of Meat. Use clan stash NOT checked:

cherry pie
1 possible, 0 current

Check "use clan stash". 68 cherries in stash.

cherry pie
69 possible, 0 current.

That's a bug ... why? It did not change the "current" count of items. In other words, it did not say I HAD more items. It (correctly) said I could MAKE more items.

It never behaved like this before? I wouldn't know, since I have never, ever had "use clan stash" checked - but this sure looks like it's behaving the way I'd want it to behave.

Well my original problem was that it said that I actually had the thousands, and not just that I could get them.

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Thanks for all the help.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well my original problem was that it said that I actually had the thousands, and not just that I could get them.
OK. Next time it happens, show us a screen shot, please. Until then...

Or maybe I'm just crazy.
I'm going to have to go with this explanation. :D

Edit: Well, maybe that was mean. But when you said:

For the thousands of items, they're in the food/booze/spleen tabs of item manager. As well as the Cookable, Mixable, and Create tabs.
For example, it says that I have 343 extra greasy sliders, 261 cups of mulligan stew, and 7810 brown sugar cane.
...it made me think you didn't know what you looking at, since the Cookable, Mixable, and Create tabs do not show you "how many items you have". They show you "how many items you can create". None of the items you listed are "items you can create".

I stand by my request: I want to see a screen shot with 343 extra greasy sliders in the Create or Cookable tabs, for example - or in the "current" count in the Food tab.

Thanks.

Last edited: