Bug - Not A Bug Bugs Everywhere

There's a lot of bugs that I've been seeing.

Including:
Saying I have thousands of an item while I don't even have any/not that much. This happens with a lot of items.

When getting barrels of gunpowder, it thinks I only have 4 when I actually had 5

"Movement of items failed" for things I actually do have in storage (I'm out of ronin)

When organizing food/booze/spleen the items are all over the place in the list

roippi

Developer
This is a perfect example of how not to make a bug report.

I thank you for providing this wonderful didactic aid.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Saying I have thousands of an item while I don't even have any/not that much. This happens with a lot of items.
Which items? Where are you looking to see this?

When getting barrels of gunpowder, it thinks I only have 4 when I actually had 5
I would guess lag or similar. "refresh inv" will fix it.

"Movement of items failed" for things I actually do have in storage (I'm out of ronin)
Sounds like more lag.

When organizing food/booze/spleen the items are all over the place in the list
Which list?

matt.chugg

There have been a couple of issues with the kol db servers recently, some of these issues (item quantities) may be due to this.

I also reccomend you read this.

Sorry, I'll make sure to do it properly next time.

I was using 9522 at the time, though I just got 9532. Pulling seems to be working, but there's still the thousands of items issue.

For the thousands of items, they're in the food/booze/spleen tabs of item manager. As well as the Cookable, Mixable, and Create tabs.
For example, it says that I have 343 extra greasy sliders, 261 cups of mulligan stew, and 7810 brown sugar cane.
It is the same in the other tabs, showing hungreds/thousands of items. If you want all the items that are showing like this then I can post that too.

Can't really test for the gunpowder again.

Pulling seems to be working as well.

For the items over the list, in the food/booze/spleen tab they're usually listed by adv per full and by room, but they were in what seemed to be a random order (this has gone away as well.) I know I didn't change the sort settings.

Theraze

My guess is that you have mafia set to auto satisfy with the mall, and you have enough meat to buy 343 sliders, 261 mulligan stew, etc...

roippi

Developer
I don't think that's ever been the behavior for UseItemRequest; it basically uses creatable_amount to determine how many you can make. creatable_amount does not consider buying from the mall. For example, the food tab shows I have/can make 24 fettuccini inconnu, but as soon as I closet my scrumptious reagents, it disappears from that tab. Similarly, creatable_amount shows 24 and 0, respectively.

MichealRein: You could try closeting all your meat and see if the items disappear. If they do, your UseItemEnqueuePanel is operating significantly different from how it should.

Theraze

Hmm... well, it uses the purchasable amount for items like flat dough, pie crust, and those on the creatable tab... though the actual food tab does say how much meat it would take to get the item, not the amount I have. Wonder if his inventory got screwed up in one of the many weirdnesses KoL has had lately. I'd suggest checking in the relay browser and making sure your character isn't actually messed up...

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Open the Item Manager
Turn on Debug Logging (on the Help menu)
Hit the "refresh" button on the Item Manager
Turn off Debug Logging (Help menu)
Attach the Debug log to a reply on this thread.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
This is still happening when out of ronin. Is what I posted the correct thing?

I think it is. You probably fell off the radar. Since you say it is still happening do you mean with r9536 or with a newer version? Quite honestly, since r9710 is the most recent version I would suggest that no one is likely to pay attention to this unless and until you can make it happen repeatedly in a version that is only a couple of days old. Not your fault no one looked at it for a month but since there is the possibility that it has already been fixed...

I get the new versions whenever they come out, it's still happening. Currently at 9710.

If I need to provide any other info, just ask.

Theraze

Suggestion: Follow Veracity's suggestion about attaching the post instead of linking it off an external site. The developers like it more when you follow their directions instead of giving them off-site hoops to jump through.

Winterbay

You can attache the .txt file to the forum, which is a lot more convenient and a lot easier to read. You need to click on "Go Advanced" to see the button and then attach it. I'd suggest you edit your post above sicne the wall of text is a it hard to descipher...

Bale

Minion
Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread. If you
would like the dev team to look at it, please write a bug report
at kolmafia.us. Include specific information about what you were
doing when you made this and include the log as an attachment.

You'll need to edit the post in advanced mode to see the controls to attach a file.