Bug - Waiting for Info Buffbot Manager not displaying errors

icon315

Well i started my buffbot, and someone told me that they ordered a buff, forgetting they had 3 buffs already. But the manager didn't give any sort of error. it just kept going like nothing went wrong.

I tested it out myself having, polka, fat loot, and carl.... i sent myself enough meat for a buff and ran the bot. It did exactly as before...no error

Spiny

I can verify this, not with Icon315's bot, but it was mentioned in this post by Nikademus and I'm sure I've had max buffs when ordering from Tinkerballa before and the logs indicate successful buffage with no messages to the contrary.

Edit: Sometimes I don't realize I have limited buffs on and then after waiting a few minutes with no buff, I realize my error and remove the extraneous buff and make a new request. In the case of a philanthropic buff, the bot thinks the initial request was successful and rejects the second request and sends a message to the effect of over-requesting philanthropic buffs.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Could you at least make it so that the bot gives people refunds?

Considering that I have no idea how the bot code works I will add this to my list of things I will look at when I get time but I'm afraid the best chance is to hope Jason gets interested since Veracity is in the process of moving.

Zaranthos

r9222+ buffbot not recognizing failed 4th+ AT buff cast failures

The buffbot isn't recognizing 4 or more AT buff request failed casts. It logs them all as successfully cast even when they fail so it never sends refunds. I see other failed/refund messages in the logs so I know some work, probably failed casts when players are adventuring.

jwylot

jumps on the bandwagon quickly
Should someone be taking a look at the buffbot code in the future, would it also be possible to consider a way to handle the hobo AT buff daily cast limits?

Thank you.

jumps on the bandwagon quickly
Should someone be taking a look at the buffbot code in the future, would it also be possible to consider a way to handle the hobo AT buff daily cast limits?

Thank you.

Not Dead Yet has access to Ominous Buffer. I believe I have him set to allow you kids 1 buff each of the Hobop stuff (and plenty of everything else).

Zaranthos

Personally I'd leave it like it is. Because of the hobo buff limited casts and higher demand, not getting refunds for uncastable buffs is a disincentive for people inclined to spam those requests. Not recognizing failed regular AT buff casts is more of an issue.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
So......was this just ignored?
I will point out that this "nag" message - placed less than 24 hours after the initial bug report - DID make me ignore the request. I did not appreciate the implication that the developers had to "hop to it" to respond to your latest bug.

I am in no position to test the buffbot code. I did take my AT multi and attempt to cast 4 songs on another character. On the fourth one, I was told "Selected target has the maximum number of AT buffs already."

I have no clue why the buffbot does not see that failure message.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I looked at this and was unable to cast a 4th AT buff on somebody without getting back the expected "Selected target has the maximum number of AT buffs already." error message. I did notice that there were a couple of catastrophic failures earlier in the response parsing that would have returned a "success" without an error message. Revision 10430 makes those failures generate error messages.

I'd appreciate it if a buffbot owner could try this out and let me know what the buffbot log (and the session log) says when you attempt to cast a 4th AT buff on somebody. I just can't see how that would fail to be detected.

jwylot

Ohh this is awesome. So requesting an 11th Chorale resulted in my character getting a refund with the message
This buffbot was unable to process your request. You've reached your daily casting limit for that skill. Please try again later.
On the buffbot log, I have
Received message from [Meatbot Joe]
Casting The Ballad of Richie Thingfinder, 1 times on Meatbot Joe for 1501 meat...
08/02/12 01:09: You've reached your daily casting limit for that skill.
---> Could not cast The Ballad of Richie Thingfinder on Meatbot Joe
Queued refund message for [Meatbot Joe]

Awesome job Veracity. Thanks :)

As regards the no spare AT slot, buffbot log shows
Received message from [Meatbot Joe]
Casting The Ode to Booze, 1 times on Meatbot Joe for 1 meat...
08/02/12 01:18: Selected target has the maximum number of AT buffs already.
---> Could not cast The Ode to Booze on Meatbot Joe
Queued refund message for [Meatbot Joe]

Last edited: