Breakfast suddenly stopped working.

GwynMyrddin

So everything was working fine yesterday, but today when I logged in, I had "breakfast" checked like usual, but it didn't run. Tried logging out and logging back in. Then I went to see if there were any updates that would explain it. Saw that I was using a few versions behind the current stable build (27.149) so I tried downloading the latest (27.304) but breakfast wouldn't run on that one either.

To be honest, I am not highly literate on all things KoLmafia and I don't even know where the breakfast setup is stored - I went with the default and it always seemed to figure out what I had access to (summons, clan pulls, etc) so I don't even know where to start troubleshooting.

Anyone have any ideas? Everything else seems to be working ok. I attached the debug file from one of my login attempts, in case that helps.

Thanks for any help and sorry for being a pain

Gwyn

Attachments

• DEBUG_20230325.txt
    635.6 KB · Views: 4

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
So, I can't find it in in that debug log, but that's a huge log. There are definitely team members who are much better with log parsing than I am. I see ClanRumpusRequest, which is the first step of Breakfast for me...

Here's my recommendation for how to debug this.
  1. Test with the latest build only. There will be lots of red herrings if you use r27149; there have been 155 improvements since February 3rd, 2023.
  2. In the login pane, uncheck "breakfast"
  3. Open the Graphical CLI tab of KoLmafia once it finishes loading.
  4. enter the command debug on
  5. enter the command breakfast
  6. enter the command debug off
You might see the error in the gCLI. There might be red text in there, or other signs of errors that point to a culprit. If so, you might be able to go into the Settings>Automations>In Ronin (or After Ronin) and uncheck something that's failing. Breakfast items that fail should fail silently if, for instance, something that's checked isn't available, so if that works, please add it to this report.

Here's what my gCLI on my alt looks like:
Rich (BB code):
> debug on

> breakfast

Executing request...
Visiting Mr. Klaw "Skill" Crane Game in clan rumpus room
Executing request...
Executing request...
You acquire an item: stuffed cocoabo
Executing request...
Visiting Potted Meat Bush in clan rumpus room
You gain 493 Meat
Visiting Hermit...
Purchasing chewing gum on a string (3 @ 50 = 150)...
You spent 150 Meat
You acquire chewing gum on a string (3)
Purchases complete.
Using 3 chewing gum on a string...
You acquire an item: worthless trinket
You acquire an item: worthless gewgaw
You acquire an item: worthless knick-knack
Finished using 3 chewing gum on a string.
Visiting the Hermit...
You acquire 11-leaf clover (3)
Hermit successfully looted!

> debug off

If that doesn't work, posting a shorter debug log will help close in on the actual problem.

GwynMyrddin

Thank you so much for your time! I tried what you said about running it from the gCLI and it worked just fine. I don't know what was the issue yesterday (and yes, I tried it using the latest build yesterday and it didn't work, today it ran fine from gCLI). I guess I'll try checking the box again tomorrow and see if it works from there. Thanks so much for your help!

GwynMyrddin

And breakfast worked perfectly fine today from the checkbox on load. I dunno what was going on before but I'm calling it a fluke. Everything seems fine now. Thanks so much for your help!