Bug - Fixed Bizarre matching behaviour

Vandermonde

This isn't anything new, but I finally motivated myself to post it here. The following examples are in AoJ under r11983, but nothing relevant should've changed since then.

Code:
> make meatloaf

Verifying ingredients for meatloaf helmet (1)...
Verifying ingredients for basic meat helmet (1)...
Purchasing helmet recipe (1 @ 100)...
You acquire an item: helmet recipe
You spent 100 Meat
Purchases complete.
Creating basic meat helmet (1)...
You acquire an item: basic meat helmet
Successfully created basic meat helmet (1)
You need 1 more catsup to continue.

> make cons meatloaf

Verifying ingredients for consummate meatloaf (1)...
Creating 1 consummate meatloaf...
You acquire an item: consummate meatloaf
Successfully created consummate meatloaf (1)

> make cons soup

Verifying ingredients for consummate soup (1)...
Creating 1 consummate soup...
You acquire an item: consummate soup
Successfully created consummate soup (1)

> make cons salad

[cons salad] has no matches.

> make consummate salad

Verifying ingredients for consummate salad (1)...
Creating 1 consummate salad...
You acquire an item: consummate salad
Successfully created consummate salad (1)

The first command should've produced 'match not unique' or at least failed; on the other hand I don't know why the fourth failed but the third went through. I understand strange things happen; I just hoped they'd be more predictable.

A while ago I also found that 'equip acc1 cod' caused a refresh instead of equipping a Codpiece of the Goblin King. (The only potential culprit I had was a hobo code binder in Hagnk's.)

Theraze

Doesn't this relate to the AoJ items being quest items? I've noted that fuzzy matching doesn't appear to work the same on quest items...

roippi

Developer
It's not quest items but untradeable items. The issue with cons salad is that "consummate egg salad" is also a thing, and untradeable items are culled from fuzzy match lists - so both possible matches are culled, leaving no matches.

I could see making all the Jarlsbergian foodstuffs fuzzy matchable.

Theraze

Would it possibly make sense to add all quest items to the fuzzy matchers? Since unlike normal untradeables, you aren't planning on keeping it around...

Theraze

Sloppy matchers people have written to match non-quest items suddenly failing. But anything written well should be fine, and it should make more sense to standard players.