Best sushi for profit

Theraze

From looking at the lines, it runs exactly the way I'd expect from this:
Code:
//Decide which sushi is the best and eat the specified amount of that sushi
boolean eat_sushi(int amount,int value_of_adventure, string booze_to_drink)
You've said you're eating an amount, you have a value named amount...

If you do change to work based on fullness, the int should probably change its name as well as the description. :)

livercat

Although bento boxes aren't properly spaded yet, for personal use I've added preliminary data to the script: according to discussion in wiki, they're 80 turns of Fishy, 28-29 advs each, and these values don't seem to vary between tempura/sauce combinations.
I've also added meat per turn of Fishy and meat per adventure printouts to the summary table.
Figured these changes might be interesting to someone else, so here it is.

Attachments

• sushi.ash
    32.4 KB · Views: 46

Winterbay

I've started implementation of the bento boxes locally as well, but since I don't think you can eat one via mafia yet I put it on hold. I'll look at your table aditions as well though.

livercat

Yeah, later today I realized that we can't properly consume bentos yet. I've used script only for comparison with old sushi and didn't try to actually eat anything while testing :)
Other stuff to improve (I'm not sure I'll be able to tackle it myself):
1) Sushi doily. +3adv for each sushi eaten with it in inventory, consumed automatically. If it's price/3 is less then VoA, it might be more optimal to consume less-filling sushi to fit more doilies.
2) If you have the Tempuramancy, it might be cheaper to cook tempura vegetables rather than buy them from the mall (probably have to consider Inigo skill/recordings).

P.S. Please note that I've named bento dishes according to components, they don't seem to have flavorful names as rolls do.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I did our original Sushi support. I suppose I might tackle Bento boxes after I am ready to Go Down To The Sea In Ships, if somebody doesn't get there first. Well, actually, forget the Ships. ;)

I'm currently busy churning through Jarlsberg ascensions.

Winterbay

Thanks to Veracity's commit adding the Bento boxes to Mafia the script has now been updated with said boxes. It also checks to see if you have any sushi doilies in your inventory and will use those for its calculation if available. It will not yet go ahead and buy them even if profitable. That will be for another release.

I've also updated the table with Livercat's excellent changes.

The script is now handled via SVN and can be checked out under:
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/winterbay-mafia/sushi/code/

Winterbay

Version 2.3 has been uploaded (or revision 3 if you so want) which sets autoBuyPriceLimit to either the max price of an ingredient or autoBuyPriceLimit so that we don't crash if an ingredient is expensive (mine was trying to buy bento boxes and failing because some of the tempura was a bit expensive) and also won't abort if the script decides that "no booze" is the correct option.

Winterbay

I've had that happen from time to time as well, but never been able to pinpoint why. Do you run it as part of farm.ash or on itself? If on itself could you post the CLI-output the next time it fails so we can try and pinpoint things? (please also include how much meat you had on hand when it crashed).

BladeLight

I'm using zlib sushi_askme = true

> call scripts\sushi.ash

Running Sushi.ash version 2.3 from 2013-07-17
Searching for "beefy fish meat"...
Search complete.
Searching for "glistening fish meat"...
Search complete.
Searching for "slick fish meat"...
Search complete.
Searching for "dragonfish caviar"...
Search complete.
Searching for "sea salt crystal"...
Search complete.
Searching for "eel sauce"...
Search complete.
Searching for "sea avocado"...
Search complete.
Searching for "sea carrot"...
Search complete.
Searching for "sea cucumber"...
Search complete.
Searching for "sea radish"...
Search complete.
Searching for "tempura avocado"...
Search complete.
Searching for "tempura broccoli"...
Search complete.
Searching for "tempura carrot"...
Search complete.
Searching for "tempura cauliflower"...
Search complete.
Searching for "tempura cucumber"...
Search complete.
Searching for "tempura radish"...
Search complete.
Searching for "anemone sauce"...
Search complete.
Searching for "inky squid sauce"...
Search complete.
Searching for "Mer-kin weaksauce"...
Search complete.
Searching for "peanut sauce"...
Search complete.
Searching for "white rice"...
Search complete.
Searching for "seaweed"...
Search complete.
Searching for "Mer-kin lunchbox"...
Search complete.
Searching for "bottle of Pete's Sake"...
Search complete.
Searching for "berry-infused sake"...
Search complete.
Searching for "citrus-infused sake"...
Search complete.
Searching for "melon-infused sake"...
Search complete.
Searching for "sushi doily"...
Search complete.
Searching for "fish juice box"...
Search complete.

The best profit is gained from tempura broccoli bento box with inky squid sauce with a potential profit of 129128.0 meat/sushi eaten.
It is to be taken together with no booze.
Calculated with a value_of_adventure of 1500 meat.
OK, aborting to let you buy a sushi rolling mat.

Theraze

Yeah... it doesn't actually CHECK if you have a sushi rolling mat, it just pops up the confirm message. At least, so it does on my copy last updated 7/17/13.

Razorsoup

Just saw this come up when updating today:
Commit r4:
Author: winterbay2

Add function fill_me_up(VoA, fullness) which will eat as much of the best sushi (with sake) as it can up to the given fullness

Thank you!

Winterbay

You're welcome. It is a very crude implementation and may not get you exactly to the specified fullness.

Razorsoup

Just learned the fun way that it's fill_me_up(fullness, VoA), not fill_me_up(VoA, fullness). The commit message seems to have the two variables swapped.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Acknowledging that my frequent misunderstanding of KoL mechanics may be the issue here...

If
  • I have a mer-kin dreadscroll in inventory and
  • I have a mer-kin worktea in inventory and
  • I eat sushi using this script
Then
  • I should get the appropriate clue.
It seems to me that there have been several cases where I thought I met the conditions but I did not have the clue after running the script. If the error is in my expectations then please let me know. Otherwise I will be trying this again in a day or two, and is there any information I should gather beforehand in case this really is reproducible?

Thank you.

Winterbay

That would be my understanding as well. I've never tried it though since I tend to just brute force the sea part by buying fish juice boxes...