New Content - Implemented Beer Garden

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I have most of this content added locally, with the main thing holding back committing what I have being a lack of item numbers for some impossible-to-get items right now. The one thing I'm not sure how to support is getting multiple unique items from the garden, which needs something added in CampgroundRequest.parseCampground() (in the findImage calls) and in CampgroundRequest.CROPMAP. Right from day 1 you get barley and hops, and later on (probably day 3 based on the image) you also get beer bottles and beer labels.

My first thought was to just show barley or hops, and then perhaps switch to showing just bottles or labels on day 3. The number of bottles/labels would go up on day 5 (probably), but day 3 and day 4 would be indistinguishable doing it that way. Maybe both barley and bottles could be added to the campground (and both to CROPMAP) to keep the dropdown in Preferences from becoming cluttered, and then I think clearCrop() would just need updating to potentially remove multiple items (which I think I already see how to handle). The downside to that is it's pretending hops and labels (or barley and bottles, or whatever) don't exist for ASH's get_campground(), but that seems fine.

I think I answered my own question about how this should work while typing it up, but since I've typed it I'm posting this anyway.

--------------------
6756 artisanal homebrew sampler 261735266 crate.gif usable 0
# artisanal homebrew sampler
--------------------
Unknown item found: bottle of Old Pugilist (6760, 991747801)
--------------------
6760 bottle of Old Pugilist 991747801 fancybrew.gif drink t,d 20
bottle of old pugilist 2 6 EPIC 0 0 0 0
bottle of Old Pugilist Effect: "Fightin' Drunk", Effect Duration: 20
--------------------
--------------------
1368 Fightin' Drunk swords.gif 95a03bb4a245fae880619a84a262fae0 drink 1 bottle of Old Pugilist
Fightin' Drunk Muscle: +50, HP Regen Min: 10, HP Regen Max: 20
--------------------
Unknown item found: bottle of Professor Beer (6761, 617388012)
--------------------
6761 bottle of Professor Beer 617388012 fancybrew.gif drink t,d 20
bottle of professor beer 2 6 EPIC 0 0 0 0
bottle of Professor Beer Effect: "Thinkin' Drunk", Effect Duration: 20
--------------------
--------------------
1369 Thinkin' Drunk realbrain.gif dd3c0e4196e9fda4a1fc9c4c83cb810c drink 1 bottle of Professor Beer
Thinkin' Drunk Mysticality: +50, MP Regen Min: 10, MP Regen Max: 20
--------------------
Unknown item found: bottle of Lambada Lambic (6765, 244327537)
--------------------
6765 bottle of Lambada Lambic 244327537 fancybrew.gif drink t,d 50
bottle of lambada lambic 3 11 EPIC 0 0 0 0
bottle of Lambada Lambic Effect: "Dancin' Drunk", Effect Duration: 20
--------------------
--------------------
1373 Dancin' Drunk dance2.gif 6f3566f9e7fd09ffaaf9bd160d0d2a2d drink 1 bottle of Lambada Lambic
Dancin' Drunk Item Drop: +100
--------------------

Erich

Do you only get the bottle / label day 3 if you don't pick? If so I'll hold out for a few days before picking.

YoMama1

Unknown item found: tin snips (6774, 238636086)
--------------------
6774 tin snips 238636086 tinsnips.gif none, combat t,d 10
# tin snips
--------------------

Lxndr

I see you talked about harvest options for the Beer Garden.
Any idea when they might be implemented?

(It looks like, at least according to the wiki, on day 2 you get a bottle, and on day 3 you get a bottle and a label. Maybe it alternates? No reports on what day 4 gives.)

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I have heard of day 2 giving a bottle (from the wiki), a label (from a clanmate), and neither (cannonfire40). I won't be adding anything until I know how it works, which could be a while given how slowly people are reporting results. I'm waiting for day 4 to harvest mine to get some more data, but I'm guessing everyone else is waiting until day 8.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I expect I'll harvest mine on day 5. I'm grinding 4 day HC ascension + The Sea, but fully participating in the Abyssal Portal event added enough turns that I will probably have enough turns to finish tomorrow.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There is nothing past day 7.

I'm thinking about supporting this by listing 3 barley/day starting day 1, and 1 label/day starting day 2, such that day 7 will report 18 barley and 6 labels. I'm pretty sure every even day randomly picks a label or bottle to add, and the next day evens it up. I'll sit on this a bit longer to see if better data comes along or if a better way of supporting it is thought up.

mstieler

When harvesting the garden, I get [use] links instead of [brew], which give me a "This item is not implemented yet" message. Clicking the [brew] link from my inventory works though. I don't know if the [use] vs. [brew] thing has been fixed recently; I'm running r12711, and had harvested before I updated to the current build.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
It occurs to me that having two garden items in the campground list won't work like I was hoping it would. The current code will see that there is barley and won't even get around to checking for labels. There's probably a fix for that. I expect that whatever the result, anything more complicated than harvesting the beer garden on day 1 or 2 will require disabling that part of breakfast and using a login script that checks get_campground().

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm thinking about simplifying things even further by only listing barley day 1, and then only labels on later days. I'm not seeing any inspiration for how to list both barley and labels on later days without breaking things, so that's probably what I'm going to do later today.

Darzil

Developer
Creation doesn't seem to be working for me from item manager :

Creating 1 can of Brütalbräu...
Creation failed, no results detected.
Searching for "can of Drooling Monk"...
Search complete.
Creating 1 can of Drooling Monk...
Searching for "can of Impetuous Scofflaw"...
Search complete.
Creating 1 can of Impetuous Scofflaw...

Searching for "bottle of Old Pugilist"...
Search complete.
Searching for "fancy beer bottle"...
Search complete.
Searching for "fancy beer label"...
Search complete.
Using cached search results for bottle of Old Pugilist...
Stopped purchasing bottle of Old Pugilist @ 150,000.
Using cached search results for bottle of Old Pugilist...
Stopped purchasing bottle of Old Pugilist @ 150,000.
You need 1 more bottle of Old Pugilist to continue.

Yendor

Missed one:

Unknown item found: bottle of Race Car Red (6763, 245021730)
--------------------
6763 bottle of Race Car Red 245021730 fancybrew.gif drink t,d 50
bottle of race car red 3 11 EPIC 0 0 0 0
bottle of Race Car Red Effect: "Flyin' Drunk", Effect Duration: 20
--------------------
--------------------
1371 Flyin' Drunk wings.gif e25fcfcce0a9b70f094f65daef95a6d6 drink 1 bottle of Race Car Red
Flyin' Drunk Initiative: +100, Damage Reduction: 25
--------------------