Autumn-aton Override

Tissen

What is it?

Simple script that groups Autumn-aton destinations after difficulty and indoor/outdoor/underground. It also adds a short reminder wahat the different upgrades found in these destinations do, and what the default reward is. Destinaton groups that have upgrades not yet installed are marked with an asterisk (*).

Also moved the send button to the right side of the screen, because I think it makes for a better workflow.

Why?

I found myself often referring to the Wiki to see what upgrades I was missing, and/or where to find them. This makes it easier to decide where to send your Autumn-aton next.

Installation

Code:
git checkout MattiasKro/AutumnUpgrades

Examples

Skärmavbild 2023-06-26 kl. 23.08.34.pngSkärmavbild 2023-06-26 kl. 23.08.22.png

Attachments

• Example.png
    Example.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 1686138570118.png
    1686138570118.png
    91.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Erosion

If you know what zone you want you can just type in the bar to seek the right zone. However, a potentially better way to handle this override would be to let the user filter between all choices (as you can in the base version), and choice types (high indoor, low outdoor, etc), while still keeping the upgrade explanations.
https://github.com/Loathing-Associates-Scripting-Society/locket-ui/ is a good example of the same kind of filter tech.

Tissen

If you know what zone you want you can just type in the bar to seek the right zone. However, a potentially better way to handle this override would be to let the user filter between all choices (as you can in the base version), and choice types (high indoor, low outdoor, etc), while still keeping the upgrade explanations.
https://github.com/Loathing-Associates-Scripting-Society/locket-ui/ is a good example of the same kind of filter tech.
Made a quick rewrite to do just this. Hope I didn't break anything. Top post updated.

Deadfishcafe

I love the idea because I too am always looking up wiki. I have a slight issue though. It seems to have removed Shadow Rift from my list of available locations.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I love the idea because I too am always looking up wiki. I have a slight issue though. It seems to have removed Shadow Rift from my list of available locations.

Could that be due to a change in KoL so now the Shadow Rift is (IIRC) available only in ASOL or if the closed circuit phone is possessed and available?

Hidden Knife

Could that be due to a change in KoL so now the Shadow Rift is (IIRC) available only in ASOL or if the closed circuit phone is possessed and available?
Seems so, I've got the Pay Phone and still have the Shadow Rift in my list while using the script.

Edit: Came back to add that I am currently doing a GelNoob run, if that makes any difference.

Tissen

Seems so, I've got the Pay Phone and still have the Shadow Rift in my list while using the script.

Edit: Came back to add that I am currently doing a GelNoob run, if that makes any difference.
You also need to adventure there at least once for it to be an egible Autumn-aton destination.

Tissen

Liking it a lot! The autumn items are sometimes relevant, maybe that can also show up in the dropdowns?
eg low outdoor could say Low outdoor (+experience, autumn leaf)
I'll take that into consideration for the next update. Right now I'm looping Legacy of Loathing runs, so I don't get much fallbot time.

Deadfishcafe

I have the pay phone. I rarely use it but went ahead and ran a mission for Rufus just now. I've adventured in the rift and I was sending my Autumn-aton to the Shadow Rift prior to using the script. I'm not sure what the issue is. Could be user error but I've tried to cover all of my bases. It just says "none" in the space Shadow Rift should be on the list.

Hidden Knife

I have the pay phone. I rarely use it but went ahead and ran a mission for Rufus just now. I've adventured in the rift and I was sending my Autumn-aton to the Shadow Rift prior to using the script. I'm not sure what the issue is. Could be user error but I've tried to cover all of my bases. It just says "none" in the space Shadow Rift should be on the list.
Try not filtering the zones at all, and see if the Rift shows up in the location list.

Tissen

Can you save the source for that frame and attach it here? And what Shadow Rift were you adventuring in? They have different zone ID:s and it could be that some are not correctly supported.

Tissen

Ok, I played KOLHS and noticed that the scaling zones does not have "difficulty" set and just fell through the cracks in my script. Updated that, and moved the "Send" button to the right side of the screen, because I frequently misclicked.

Also added a short reminder of the standard autumn reward you get.

OP updated.