Bug - Not A Bug autostop for Mr. Alarm adventures

slyz

Developer
The Mr. Alarm adventure is listed as one of the auto-stop adventures on line 192 of KoLmafia.java:
PHP:
{ "Mr. Alarm", STOP },
but the Mr. Alarm adventures' names are "Mr. Alarm, I Presarm" and "Mega Gem", which leads to mafia not recognizing those as auto-stop:
Code:
Validating adventure sequence...
Condition added: Autostops Left: 1
Autostops Left: 1
Requests complete.

Request 1 of 8 (Lab: Cobb's Knob Laboratory) in progress...

[890] Cobb's Knob Laboratory
Encounter: Knob Goblin Mad Scientist
Strategy: try to run away
Round 0: slyz wins initiative!
Round 0: slyz tries to steal an item! (auto-attack)
Round 2: slyz executes a macro!
Round 2: slyz tries to steal an item!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 3 but KoL thinks it is round 1
Round 3: slyz casts RETURN!

Request 1 of 8 (Lab: Cobb's Knob Laboratory) in progress...

[890] Cobb's Knob Laboratory
Encounter: Mr. Alarm, I Presarm
You acquire an item: Mega Gem

Request 2 of 8 (Lab: Cobb's Knob Laboratory) in progress...

[891] Cobb's Knob Laboratory
Encounter: Knob Goblin Alchemist
Strategy: try to run away
Round 0: slyz wins initiative!
Round 0: slyz tries to steal an item! (auto-attack)

This patch should make the necessary change (untested).

I'm not 100% sure the Mega Gem adventure should be auto-stop, since a goal of "+1 mega gem" would work.

Attachments

• MrAlarm.patch
    582 bytes · Views: 28

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm not 100% sure the Mega Gem adventure should be auto-stop, since a goal of "+1 mega gem" would work.
That is exactly why it should not be an auto-stop.

This change is due a KoL change: the non-choice-adventure was, in fact, called simply Mr. Alarm. In fact, now that it IS a choice adventure, it doesn't need to be an auto-stop, since you can now set your goal in the Laboratory to be "1 choice".

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Actually, if we go that route, we should REMOVE the auto-stop. I just looked through list of auto-stops, and I see another dubious one: "The Sleeper Has Awakened" is the adventure in which you receive your worm-riding hooks - which should suffice as a stop condition. Ditto for "This Adventure Bites", which is the adventure in which Cap'm Caronch gives you the Orcish Frathouse blueprints - which should suffice as a stop condition.

Sourceforge tells me that I added those lines in revision 6634. which has the comment "Add new items and such, courtesy of Doctor Rotelle". I think the good Doctor was confused about what needed to be a stop adventure - and I was confused when I accepted them. :-/

Bale

Minion
"The Sleeper Has Awakened" has no need to be an auto-stop, but some people (specifically, myself) have gotten used to using it that way. Probably because there are so many auto-stops leading up to it that it just seems natural. I'd appreciate leaving it, but I'm sure folks (and their scripts) will adapt if it is removed.

I don't see any need for the others though.

Is there any real advantage to removing unnecessary auto-stops? Consistency?