Automatically closet select items - am I missing something?

Magus_Prime

While testing some of the new functionality in Winterbay's Autobasement.ash script today there was an instance when the script chose to use an irreplaceable item (A.W.O.L. and FDKOL commendations) to buff my character via a coinmaster transaction.

I immediately closeted the remaining currency.

I know that I can disable the automatic use of coinmasters but, for most things, it works as I would like.

My question is this: Is there some way, without scripting, to tell mafia to automatically closet select items when they enter my inventory?

I'm sure I'm missing something but I can't figure out how to do so.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Theraze

Automatically closet items without scripting, no. With scripting, could do it as a mood or as a before/after adventuring script.

You can set items as Mementos which will protect them... somehow. Appears from the wiki like that may just keep you from autoselling it, so it still won't help you in this case.

So your basic choices are:
1) Do it manually once. Since when you pull stuff post ascension, it goes where it had been, you should never have to do it again for that character.
2) Put it into a script.

Magus_Prime

So if I ascend with the currencies in the closet mafia will automatically put them back in the closet the next time I empty Hagnk's? If so that's a reasonable solution. It's not like there's any way to get more of the items in question.

Thank you!

Winterbay

While testing some of the new functionality in Winterbay's Autobasement.ash script today there was an instance when the script chose to use an irreplaceable item (A.W.O.L. and FDKOL commendations) to buff my character via a coinmaster transaction.

I immediately closeted the remaining currency.

I know that I can disable the automatic use of coinmasters but, for most things, it works as I would like.

My question is this: Is there some way, without scripting, to tell mafia to automatically closet select items when they enter my inventory?

I'm sure I'm missing something but I can't figure out how to do so.

Any help is very much appreciated.

I am sorry about that. It did the same for me during testing.
I guess I could add certain coinmaster items to the blacklist...

Magus_Prime

This sort of thing kinda goes with testing of new things. While the loss of the commendations was less than wonderful it was the use of a BRICKO reactor that was a true waste.

If you haven't seen it yet I left you a, fairly lengthy, running dialogue that covered my testing of Autobasement.ash today in the thread associated with the script.

Winterbay

This sort of thing kinda goes with testing of new things. While the loss of the commendations was less than wonderful it was the use of a BRICKO reactor that was a true waste.

If you haven't seen it yet I left you a, fairly lengthy, running dialogue that covered my testing of Autobasement.ash today in the thread associated with the script.

I had not seen your edits, thanks that's useful.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am sorry about that. It did the same for me during testing.
I guess I could add certain coinmaster items to the blacklist...
It did the identical thing for me when I did a 500 level basement dive after my Jarlsberg L30 run.
I promptly closeted the irreplaceable currency, but it was obviously too late.

You now have 3 different people that have been bitten by this.

Winterbay

What irreplaceable currencies are there apart from FDKOL-commendations that we may want to avoid using up?

Winterbay

Thank god for proxie records. AWOL commendations and FDKOL commendations are both disallowed from use in revision 12.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
A.W.O.L. commendations and fudgecules.

autoBasement made a bottle of fire (with FDKOL commendations) and an Ultrasoldier Serum (using A.W.O.L. commendations) for me.