Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

Lashiec

outfit_change

I'm getting this error:

> call scripts\Ascend.ash

Cannot apply operator != to weapon_type() (stat) and (string) (outfit_change.ash, line 86)

The weird thing is I don't have an outfit_change.ash in the scripts folder. And when I downloaded that file and commented out the area dealing with the error it doesn't pick up that I made any changes.

Not sure where this is coming from. This is a fresh install of the scripts and I'm running the nightly build 7601

I checked out the thread on the outfit_change script and the last post was about the same error.

playhavock

allright i'm a noob. I just got this and i think there is some update to it -- (??) and umm, yeah i ran accend and it just goes "you cant wear that outfit" and boom I'm figing a white screen - apprently it cant handle the pool room fights.
what the bleep do i do?

Poops

Hello,

I'm getting the following error:

Error loading eatdrink_food_data.txt, aborting

And this is what is in the debug document:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
KoLmafia v13.5, Mac OS X, Java 1.6.0_13
Please note: do not post these logs in the KoLmafia thread. If
you would like us to look at the log, please instead email logs
to veracity@hambo.com using the subject "KoLmafia Debug Log"
Timestamp: Sat Sep 05 09:29:56 CDT 2009

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 23
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 23
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.RecordValue.read(RecordValue.java:217)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.CompositeValue.read(CompositeValue.java:147)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.RuntimeLibrary.readMap(RuntimeLibrary.java:3276)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.RuntimeLibrary.file_to_map(RuntimeLibrary.java:3248)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.LibraryFunction.execute(LibraryFunction.java:119)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.FunctionCall.execute(FunctionCall.java:157)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Operator.applyTo(Operator.java:139)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Expression.execute(Expression.java:111)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Conditional.execute(Conditional.java:75)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.If.execute(If.java:67)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.BasicScope.execute(BasicScope.java:383)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.UserDefinedFunction.execute(UserDefinedFunction.java:125)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.FunctionCall.execute(FunctionCall.java:157)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.BasicScope.execute(BasicScope.java:383)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Conditional.execute(Conditional.java:88)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.UserDefinedFunction.execute(UserDefinedFunction.java:125)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Conditional.execute(Conditional.java:88)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Loop.execute(Loop.java:57)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.WhileLoop.execute(WhileLoop.java:89)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.executeScope(Interpreter.java:240)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:185)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:178)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeScriptCommand(KoLmafiaCLI.java:4967)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.access$300(KoLmafiaCLI.java:152)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI$Call.run(KoLmafiaCLI.java:2518)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeCommand(KoLmafiaCLI.java:563)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeLine(KoLmafiaCLI.java:457)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.handleQueue(CommandDisplayFrame.java:317)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.run(CommandDisplayFrame.java:298)

KoLmafia v13.5, Mac OS X, Java 1.6.0_13
Please note: do not post these logs in the KoLmafia thread. If
you would like us to look at the log, please instead email logs
to veracity@hambo.com using the subject "KoLmafia Debug Log"
Timestamp: Sat Sep 05 09:39:03 CDT 2009

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 23
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 23
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.RecordValue.read(RecordValue.java:217)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.CompositeValue.read(CompositeValue.java:147)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.RuntimeLibrary.readMap(RuntimeLibrary.java:3276)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.RuntimeLibrary.file_to_map(RuntimeLibrary.java:3248)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.LibraryFunction.execute(LibraryFunction.java:119)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Operator.applyTo(Operator.java:139)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Expression.execute(Expression.java:111)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Conditional.execute(Conditional.java:75)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.Loop.execute(Loop.java:57)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.parsetree.WhileLoop.execute(WhileLoop.java:89)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.executeScope(Interpreter.java:240)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:185)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.textui.Interpreter.execute(Interpreter.java:178)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeScriptCommand(KoLmafiaCLI.java:4967)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.access$300(KoLmafiaCLI.java:152)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI$Call.run(KoLmafiaCLI.java:2518)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeCommand(KoLmafiaCLI.java:563)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLmafiaCLI.executeLine(KoLmafiaCLI.java:457)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.handleQueue(CommandDisplayFrame.java:317)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.CommandDisplayFrame$CommandQueueHandler.run(CommandDisplayFrame.java:298)

Please let me know how I should proceed.

CKtheFat

I don't know if this addresses your problem in any way, but ascension defaults to an outfit called "melee." If you're having problems fighting in the pool room, let the script level you up and bit more, or try equipping something that does elemental damage to enemies (those pooltergeists take me about 20 rounds to kill if I just use normal physical attacks.)

dj_d

CK is right; per the directions, it will attempt to equip an outfit called melee, and it's your job to make sure that your default CCS + the melee outfit can kill whatever it is you're fighting. This should all be covered in the directions in the first post.

playhavock

ahhh yes, it keeped saying "you cant equip that" and as I'm like, level 24 something it made no sence that I would have to do anything. sorry I cant find anything - i really want a FAQ and i'm sure that would be hard to outline -- I'll go make sure i name my outfit "melee" - hope that will resolve this problem. yes i'm a noooob

CKtheFat

A little "readme.txt" that helps set things up could be a useful addition to the package, make things easier for people who don't know much about scripting (myself included) or haven't researched how to set up all the variables on the various sub-scripts independently.

For the most part, ascension does have predefined variables so it is "click go and forget" almost directly out of the box.

dj_d

I put that in the first post instead of a separate readme file. I believe everything here is covered in that first post. But (as you can see from the thread here) I'm happy to try and troubleshoot for those cases where the instructions aren't enough.

CKtheFat

Well, I mean less of an FAQ and more of an installation walkthrough covering the major variables in the vars_myName. A single comprehensive document that covers functions of all the scripts, suggested settings, whatnot.

dj_d

Each script has its own variables, and the number and meaning change regularly. If I did that, it would be out of date the next time (for example) Zarqon modifies wossname.ash. Instead, I point users to the threads for each script so they can get the most up-to-date information.

More importantly, though, pretty much everything you need to make it work is in the first post. Maybe not optimally tuned, but functional.

kheldar

Okay I am complete dumb to changing scripts I was wondering if there is a basic help file on how to change all you need to change, ie: pull lists, what foods and drink to use what items to wear a basic guide on how to use the script please and thank you

Khel

dj_d

I updated the first post to include links to instructions on all the scripts you might want to configure before running ascend.ash. Again, it will "mostly work" as written, but I recommend spending time reading all the threads indicated and tuning it to work for you. Or just run it on a multi first so you don't care what happens. :)

kheldar

Hidden city complete.
Pyramid revealed.
Putting on Talisman o' Nam...
Equipment changed.
Dr. Awkward discovered.
Mr. Alarm discovered.
Time to go stop evil "agnieb" Dr. Awkward being alive. (pots! O got emit!)

I keep getting this error and wont let me past it any ideas?

CKtheFat

You probably have him set in your variabes to stop the script and let you fight him yourself. That's a feature of the Macguffin script. You'll have to do the same for Ed when you get to him, too. And Spookyraven.

dj_d

CK is exactly right. I usually leave it so the bosses are manual since a) they're fun and b) it gives me a chance to change outfits and buff up. But if you want to change that, edit the macguffin script.

playhavock

I updated the first post to include links to instructions on all the scripts you might want to configure before running ascend.ash. Again, it will "mostly work" as written, but I recommend spending time reading all the threads indicated and tuning it to work for you. Or just run it on a multi first so you don't care what happens. :)

Ah i will have to check that-- as of now, it has not insulted a pirate for me. Maybe there is something i must configure - thank you for updating first post. I figure this thing cant be any worse then i am at accending. :)

Mandrayk

I have a short question and am sorry if this is not the right place for this.

Cab this script be run on 2 or 3 characters each day? I mean I have 4 active toons that I plan to start ascending. So can i use kol mafia with this script for each toon each day, or does it work for one toon for an ascension?

playhavock

If you post the output you're getting, I'm happy to help try and debug!

i'm not sure what to post.
but i've updated everything and its not using the pirate insult on the pirates

--
You know 1 insults.
Barrrney's Barrr is OK, as it will do <25% of your HP in damage if you get hit.
Barrrney's Barrr is OK, as it will do <25% of your HP in damage if you get hit.
Safe to adventure in Barrrney's Barrr. Will adjust MCD if needed and proceed.
Internal checkpoint created.
Already updated from http://zachbardon.com/mafiatools/updateprices.php?action=getmap in this session.
Refreshing stash contents...
Stash list retrieved.
Checking for updates (running EatDrink ver. 2.2)...
Unable to load current version info.
Starting EatDrink.ash (version 2.2).
Consuming up to 15 food, 0 booze, and 0 spleen
Considering food from inventory closet Hagnk's the mall. Per-item budget cap is 12500.0.
Price will be a factor if you own it already. Hagnk's pulls (if enabled) will cost 1800 meat each.
An adventure has the value of 600 meat. Muscle subpoint is 5. Nonprime stat subpoint is 1.
Loading food records.
Now at fullness of 0, eating to 15.
filtering food based on level & availability
calculating food values
---
the 1 insult is when i did it by hand