Bug - Fixed Area is not available

BleedingFingers

Hi,

Please can someone help with this - I'm currently farming the Castle Basement, and version 14221 works fine, but when I update to the latest version, then I get "That area is not available".

This is broken for 2 of my chars, but the 3rd works fine. I've cleaned up the data and sessions folders of the characters files but it still keeps happening.

Normally I would just leave it on the old version, but I also use zlib, which is currently broken due to a mechanic change:
Invalid field name 'water_level' (zlib.ash, line 644)

I can adventure through the relay browser to the castle basement, but through mafia it fails...

Any help will be appreciated

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I assume that the two characters who can't adventure there turned their S.O.C.K. into an intragalactic rowboat, back when that was possible, and have not ascended since.

Try Revision 14557, which was actually submitted shortly before you wrote this bug report. ;)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well... I broke it. And then, when I saw the OP looking at archived threads about being unable to adventure in the Castle, I had a twinge, checked the code, and deduced that I just might have caused a problem. So, I submitted a fix.

And then the person I'd seen searching for solutions asked for help, and I was pleased to have preemptively fixed the thing that I had broken.

:)