# Boris's Helm: +5 Familiar Weight
Boris's Helm Initiative: +25, Weapon Damage Percent: +50, Free Pull

3 notes:
+5 lbs = +1 Clancy level in AoB
The Free Pull is only AoB only.
Can be twisted to add a +15 ML enchantment

--------------------
5650 Boris's Helm (askew) hat all 0
5650 253607655 borishelmaskew.gif Boris's Helm (askew)
Boris's Helm (askew) 100 none
# Boris's Helm (askew): Regenerate MP based on Level
# Boris's Helm (askew): +5 Familiar Weight
Boris's Helm (askew) Initiative: +25, Monster Level: +15, Weapon Damage Percent: +50, Free Pull
--------------------

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I added support for the item with Revision 10866 before this note appeared in the forums. No "twisting", yet, so I guess there is still a reason for it. Otherwise, I'd just close this note with extreme prejudice, as "yesterday's news".

And yes - I changed the title. I was Not Amused. If you'd prefer, I'll just delete the thread.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
And it can be pulled and worn in Hardcore! WTF?!?!?

That isn't actually working yet.

Also, you can twist the hat already, just not while it's equipped. Mafia doesn't support that for loathing legion gear (because I had no idea how to code that type of support), so adding it to foldgroups.txt could be sufficient.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Also, you can twist the hat already, just not while it's equipped. Mafia doesn't support that for loathing legion gear (because I had no idea how to code that type of support), so adding it to foldgroups.txt could be sufficient.
Presumably a hat "twists" into a hat.

Can you "fold" LL gear while it is equipped? I had no idea. What if you turn it from an accessory into familiar equipment, say? That sounds a lot more complicated.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Presumably a hat "twists" into a hat.

Can you "fold" LL gear while it is equipped? I had no idea. What if you turn it from an accessory into familiar equipment, say? That sounds a lot more complicated.

If you fold it into something that doesn't use the same slot, it becomes unequipped. I suppose that would save some server hits (and a few clicks when switching between necktie (for stats) and rollerblades (for init in the crypt)), but it never seemed like a high priority to me.

slyz

Developer
r10867 adds the (askew) version, the +5 familiar weight, and adds the fold group. No change has been made to FoldItemCommand.java though, but that could make a good Feature Request.

Darzil

Developer
And it can be pulled and worn in Hardcore! WTF?!?!?

Well, Hardcore Boris anyway, anything else is a bug.

Would be nice to have this autopulled in Boris on ascension, like the VIP key is. Apart from anything else, that way you avoid the jarring sensation of pulling in hardcore, allowing Boris just to start with it.

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
We still need the mp regen formulas. Initial reports say it's the same as the jewel-eyed wizard hat.

Also hat rack effect.

Last edited:

GValko

Hatrack effect seems to be something like 3-4xweight attack, smattering of prismatic damage, no after combat effects.

Rinn

Developer
I think the only thing left to do is to automatically free-pull the helm if you ascend into boris, add the mp regen, and add the hatrack effect.

I'm actually going to set this as not fully implemented until those are done, I might get to them tonight.

Bale

Minion
I think the only thing left to do is to automatically free-pull the helm if you ascend into boris, add the mp regen, and add the hatrack effect.

Did you know that the maximizer grabs free pulls? I was rather surprised myself when the maximize command in my newLife script pulled the helm from storage to put it on. That makes the feature almost incidental. Does mafia pull the VIP Key? I'd recommend treating both the same way.

MP regen isn't actually the hat's enchantment. It recovers MP at the end of a battle when the player wins which is an entirely different enchantment and I'm pretty sure that mafia doesn't support that enchatment in any way.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Jick said that he's planning on having the helm come in the letter from Ralph if you're in a boris run, so that code might not be necessary.

StDoodle

Minion
Jick said that he's planning on...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Also, I dunno where to put this, so I'll stick it here: Trying to put on an outfit that contains Boris's Helm while in HC AoB results in the error "This outfit contains an item which is not equippable in hardcore. Nice try, though." None of your equipment gets changed (not just hat). This is a known bug according to Gemelli's response to my bug report on the issue.

xKiv

Did you know that the maximizer grabs free pulls? I was rather surprised myself when the maximize command in my newLife script pulled the helm from storage to put it on

It also suggested to freepull it in my current bees run. Where it isn't (supposed to be) a free pull. Is that an insect?

Winterbay

I know that the MP regen thing on this helm isn't exactly the same as normal MP regen, but seeing as Clancy's MP/HP regen is listed as such then perhaps the helm's could be as well?
It'd help a lot with automated Boris-runs with BCCAscend as the MP-regen bonus would put the hat among the better ones to be used.