Another script to relearn jewelry recipes

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Since I had an (almost) complete set of jewelry in my display case, here is a script which pulls jewelry from the display case, untinkers, recreates, and puts back in the display case.

It does not have a hardcoded set of known jewelry; it looks at all items and takes those whose craft_type() contains "jewelry".

It looks at your discovery page to see which recipes you already know and doesn't bother attempting to learn those you already know, so you can run it multiple times and it will not waste any effort on known recipes.

It knows the difference betwen inexpensive and expensive jewelry and will not attempt to make expensive jewelry unless you have the skill.

Here is what I get if I run this script now:

> re-jewel

You know 18/22 inexpensive jewelry recipes and 37/38 expensive jewelry recipes.

Attempting to re-learn inexpensive jewelry recipes
Removing items from display case...
You acquire giant diamond ring
Untinkering giant diamond ring
untinker 1 giant diamond ring
*** untinker failed!
Placing items in display case...

Attempting to re-learn expensive jewelry recipes
Removing items from display case...
You acquire moon-amber necklace
Untinkering moon-amber necklace
untinker 1 moon-amber necklace
*** untinker failed!
Placing items in display case...

You know 18/22 inexpensive jewelry recipes and 37/38 expensive jewelry recipes.

You are missing the following inexpensive jewelry recipes

giant diamond ring
rainbow pearl earring
rainbow pearl necklace
rainbow pearl ring

You are missing the following expensive jewelry recipes

moon-amber necklace

Done!
As you can see, I have a giant diamond ring and a moon-amber necklace in my display case, but I have not managed to relearn those recipes yet. (Of course, once I manage to learn them via the shower or the Dreadsylvania Castle Tower, they will be on my discoveries page, so I will not need to try to untinker them.)

If somebody wants to take this and generalize it to retrieve from storage or the mall or whatever, rather than just the DC, feel free!

View attachment re-jewel.ash

Theraze

Tweaked one do/don't spot. Added some additional tabs to improve readability.
Changed from display_amount to available_amount and take_display to retrieve_item. Also removed the put_display bits after.
Otherwise, script is the same.

Attachments

• re-jewel.ash
    3.8 KB · Views: 86

Theraze

True. Because retrieve_item doesn't pull from display case. People have requested that preference and it's been rejected, repeatedly.

Veracity's script only pulls from the display case and then puts it back.
My script takes from anywhere it's available based on your retrieval settings, including inventory, closet, equipped, etc.

Use Veracity's if you display your jewelry. Use my modified version if you don't. Or use both. It won't hurt anything.