New Content - Implemented All outfit modifiers have been revealed. Add them!

Winterbay

Some are... less than helpful. "Yendorian Finery" for example states "Watch out! New moon tonight!" and the Paperclippery outfit states "Helpful!", which allthough they may be correct are also rather cryptic :)

slyz

Developer
I slowly started going through the outfits. Is there any plan to automate this, or should I continue?

slyz

Developer
r9903.

THe only one I couldn't verify myself was the Luniform. Can someone confirm the Wiki is right when it says Weapon Damage +25% and Spell Damage +25%?

GValko

It is 25.

Any chance that in the future if we have a new unrecognized outfit that it'll generate text like we get for an unrecognized item/effect?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
There's a chance.

We don't need no stinkin' Wiki to get outfit enchantments. Here's the procedure.

I have The Necbromancer's Stein.
I click on it and it opens the description: desc_item.php?whichitem=490267770
The description includes:

Outfit: Dark Bro's Vestments
(3 items)

The name of the outfit is, itself, a link.

Click on it and it opens the description: desc_outfit.php?whichoutfit=83
The description includes:

Outfit Bonus:
+20 Damage to Spooky Spells
+20 Damage to Sleaze Spells

So, if an item is in an outfit, we can now learn the outfit ID and the number of items in it, right from the description. We can look up the outfit and find the Outfit Bonus. The outfit name + effects is good enough to add an override to modifiers.txt.
The outfit number and the name of an item in it is, however, not quite enough to add the outfit to outfits.txt, since we don't know the other items in the outfit.