Feature - Implemented Adding "Check Jackass Plumber" to Breakfast possibilities

Aramada

With the (presumed) possibility of getting a special coin from the Jackass Plumber (presumably) to unlock the Video Game hot dog from the Hot Dog Stand, from checking Jackass Plumber once per day, would it be possible to get that added into the Breakfast list of automatic functions?

~Aramada

Aramada

Pardon my ignorance...but where do I put that line of text? In the Graphical CLI? Somewhere else? And will it remember it from then on?

~Aramada

Darzil

Developer
Sorry, I was trying to say what was needed to access it, for whomever codes it. Probably not necessary, as they'd probably have Game Grid Arcade in hindsight.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I got an item from there, so this isn't necessarily a bad idea. Like the Jick jar, its value will drop over time.

6593 defective Game Grid token 606727747 gg_def.gif usable t 0

Darzil

Developer
Whilst it'll drop, I can't see +5 to pretty much all stats that exist for 5 adventures ever dropping too low. It'll always be worth more than a lot of once per day stuff that Mafia automates.

Atheist Nutter

It would be nice if this were part of breakfast (controlled by options, although I can't see why you would ever want to turn it off) rather than a clickable daily deed. See attached patch. It's silent and I only tested it once (on a character with the Game Grid already unlocked and Jackass Plumber not checked today, so I have no idea about any of the error cases).

View attachment jackass.patch

(By the way, the defective token isn't consumed on use, but it is limited to once/day. Put it in your clan stash and everybody can enjoy it.)

Fluxxdog

It would be nice if this were part of breakfast (controlled by options, although I can't see why you would ever want to turn it off) rather than a clickable daily deed.
Because you don't want to use it first thing when you log in. You'll want to use it at the right time. All the other breakfast stuff are lasting items, such as dry noodles or Taco Dan consumables, or lasting effects, such as free substats from old Crimbo Toys or your guild's manual.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, I'm not sure why I added this as a Daily Deed instead of as a part of breakfast. Since it is done that way, there also needs to be code to remove it from people's Daily Deeds list.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Well...once you have a Game Grid token in inventory, checking the game to see if there is a defective token could just as well be in breakfast, but I've been starting new BIG! ascensions and doing breakfast right away (why not, since I have MP to spare) and it takes a while before I'll have that token. From then on, I'd just as soon it were in breakfast, but having it as a Daily Deed makes it easy to check on the day when I actually get the token. I'd vote for breakfast AND a Daily Deed.

Now, regarding using a defective Game Grid token - I wasn't aware that it was a one per day item. I'm still trying to find one to load into my clan's Hot Dog stand. :) But, looking at it, it clearly should not be in breakfast. You only get the granted effect for 5 turns and, as Fluxxdog says, you'll want to carefully time when you use it. That's a candidate for a daily deed.