Feature - Implemented Add version / build# to Main Interface titlebar

slyz

Developer
I'm posting this here because this was were I found the advice:

I followed the instructions on the wiki, and after doing "ant clean" and "ant daily", the file that is compiled is named KoLmafia-0.jar (it just shows KoLMafia v14.1 in the window title).

Does this come from my end? Was it something worth reporting?

Theraze

Let's call it a feature...

When you compile with ant daily, it attaches the 'revision' to the final KoLmafia.jar file. However, as your personal copy's revision number if you don't have the svnversion program (for example, if you're using TortoiseSVN) is 0, it names the file KoLmafia-0.jar instead. Just do "ant clean" and "ant" and you shouldn't end up with the -0 tagging... unless you like it... Haven't run into issues with it yet.

Though now that I'm looking, I might end up getting tempted by the "ant clean" and "ant jsmooth" trap...

Edit: Just installed the command line version of http://www.open.collab.net/downloads/subversion/ not because I'm actually going to use it for anything, but because it has a working command line version of svnversion.exe and it's free. With that, my "ant daily" build instead generates
[jar] Building jar: C:\kolmafia\dist\KoLmafia-8616M.jar

That being noted, I'm going to keep compiling with either "ant" (or "ant jsmooth" if I'm wanting to confuse myself horribly) as I've just been copying the compiled KoLmafia.jar file over my KoLmafia-latest.jar in my running folder...

Last edited:
Try doing "ant clean" first.
Yeah, who wants dirty bugs? :D

Hey, I keep noticing the version and release (revision?) number in the titlebar while using the daily build lately. I realized something: it comforts me. I guess it's related to my... compulsive? desire for information. I really do feel like it's a good idea in general, though.

So thank you for considering the change, and for implementing it. And thank you for the daily builds. Though I still stick with the full versions, the times I start using daily builds they're very valuable to me. And thanks for KoLmafia! Other than the things that might seem obvious, it's a really nice help when babysitting accounts.