Feature Add Freddy Drop modifier

EdFox

Freddy Kruggerand drop rate is not listed on the Modifiers page in the Mafia wiki, not recognized by the Modifier Maximizer, and the one piece of Freddy Drop equipment I own (the Auditor's Badge) lists its Item Drop rate but not the special Freddy Drop rate.

Freddy Drop rate is independent of the standard Item Drop. Only four pieces of gear modify it: Dreadful fedora, Dreadful sweater, Dreadful glove, and Dreadsylvania Auditor's badge. The outfit formed by the first three pieces does not modify Freddy Drop rate. The modifier rates are all +5% onto a base of 5%, apparently.

The primary purpose of adding this modifier would be to allow Dreadful explorers to use it in the Modifier Maximizer. Equipping Freddy Drop rate increases is very important, yet easily overlooked, especially in a high level dungeon where stat and/or resistance gear is needed at the same time.

Thanks.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
What would people expect to type in the maximizer for this? I'm surprised that people don't put freddy gear in either every slot or just in the slots that have nothing useful for harder enemies. I guess this would be most useful if you can't remember what gear helps with freddies?

I have everything from Dread, and I'm happy to never need to touch that dungeon again (except maybe noncombats to help others), so it's unlikely that I will be adding this.

Darzil

Developer
If you are (as I am) finding yourself only briefly in Dread between ascensions, I have an outfit with just Dread helpful items in it. You wear whatever maximises items or spell damage or whatever you are concentrating on, then wear the dread outfit. Only those items you can wear are swapped in, and it'll be your best Dread outfit.

Theraze

Unless you were using brimstone or loathing or one of the other special-item bits where the modifiers change depending on how many pieces you wear. In which case that may not actually be your best Dread outfit anymore.

Winterbay

I have an alias since I wanted to switch to an "adventure generating" familiar as well.
Code:
alias dreadmax => familiar wild hare; outfit dreadful pajamas; maximize item, equip shoulder holder, equip dreadsylvania auditor's badge, equip dormouse, -hat, -weapon,-shirt

EdFox

This is a really low priority request so I'm not disappointed. Mostly it was laziness. I wanted "Freddy, mys, mus, mp regen" to be one of my cached Maximizer lines and just use that as a go to. :)

The outfit idea is a good one.