Feature - Implemented Add Flyer / Insult button to Mafia Combat Buttons

Darzil

Developer
If Flyering < 100% and you have flyers and not on Battlefield, add Flyer button to Mafia Combat Buttons.
If Insults <8 and you have Pirate Insult book and fighting Pirate, add Insult button to Mafia Combat Buttons.

Any reason I shouldn't do this?
If not, should button go just before Olfaction?

Edit (and they should be once/combat)
Edit 2 - Now refers to Mafia Combat Buttons not CAB.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
When I see CAB, my first thought is KoL's Combat Action Bar. I don't know what the official name for mafia's combat buttons is. I also haven't seen them in years at this point.

Darzil

Developer
Yeah, not sure how many people use them. I know I do, as although they have oddities, as someone who frequently ascends and swaps classes, I don't like the KoL ones which are too static.

One day I might look at changing it to keep the X most recently used skills, rather than the X most recently added skills. It's always a shame to lose a skill button you use every combat.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I think of them as the "stationary buttons" - since they are implemented by the StationaryButtonDecorator.
I use them. I haven't seen KoL's CAB in years. :)

Ethelred

Yeah, not sure how many people use them. I know I do, as although they have oddities, as someone who frequently ascends and swaps classes, I don't like the KoL ones which are too static.

One day I might look at changing it to keep the X most recently used skills, rather than the X most recently added skills. It's always a shame to lose a skill button you use every combat.

I have a local change that changes the action of the next/attack button to be next/script if I have a CCS selected as my attack option. A friend coded it up for me and I love it. It really cuts down a lot on repetitive mouse movement. I've urged him to submit it for consideration as a feature request, but so far he hasn't done so. I think this would be a great feature and hope you'll consider it in your upcoming changes.

Darzil

Developer
I have a local change that changes the action of the next/attack button to be next/script if I have a CCS selected as my attack option. A friend coded it up for me and I love it. It really cuts down a lot on repetitive mouse movement. I've urged him to submit it for consideration as a feature request, but so far he hasn't done so. I think this would be a great feature and hope you'll consider it in your upcoming changes.

Hmm, if I were going to do that I'd probably swap Attack and Script in that case, as otherwise I'd be also removing the Attack button.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Right. The script button is "do your automated combat action". The attack button is "regardless of what you have set as your automated combat action, attack."

Darzil

Developer

r12959 - set relayScriptButtonFirst to true and the position of script and attack are reversed.

More generally is adding a Flyer / Insult button a don't care or don't want, as no comments yet ?