Feature - Implemented Add counters for romantic wandering monsters

slyz

Developer
The hassle is setting the counters on the next hit to adventure.php after initially using the skill, I'm not sure where that code should be placed either.
The current counters for Bees don't bother with the adventure.php hit. Since they are an informational, I guess this is good enough.

Rinn

Developer
Fair enough. I'll need to figure out the best place to remove these counters, since they should be removed at rollover.

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
Here's an initial patch. Should those counter numbers be increased by one since the current combat decrements them? Should the counters be removed on rollover?

Attachments

• holidayMonsterCounters.patch
    3.5 KB · Views: 25

slyz

Developer
Should those counter numbers be increased by one since the current combat decrements them?
Since the counter should only be set when you next hit adventure.php (for romantic monsters, at least), I guess they should be increased by one.

If we notice a monster appearing a turn early, we can always change it.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If we assume that the monster that the arrow is fired at takes a turn to kill (not a bricko monster), that the next adventure is adventure.php, and that no shenanigans are done with non-adventure.php areas to make things more complicated (in other words, the simplest scenario), the counter after firing the arrow should be 1 larger than when the monsters show up later, since the later arrivals set the counter on the turn they show up rather than on a later turn.

For the second (or third with equipment) wandering arrowed monster, counters shouldn't be created any more, ideally.

slyz

Developer
I'm playing around with this patch. Here is what I have now, but it still needs some testing:

- changed "_romanticCount" to "_romanticFightsLeft" (I think the name is more explicit, but maybe that's just me).
- "Romantic Monster window begin/end" and "Holiday Monster window begin/end" are removed after RO (not tested yet)
- when you use the Romantic Arrow skill, the window is 16-26. When you see "hear a wolf whistle" in the KoL text, the window is 15-25.
- added a "Romantic Arrow" daily deed

It looks like _romanticFightsLeft wasn't set for me, it was still 0 after I arrowed a monster. Since I can't test this again, could someone else check if it works with my changes?

Attachments

• holidayMonsterCounters_slyz.patch
    8.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

slyz

Developer
I just noticed that. I changed "_romanticFights" to "_romanticFightsLeft" before posting but forgot defaults.txt. Patch updated.

When I tested it, I had "_romanticFights" everywhere, and it wasn't set to 3 (nor 2).

slyz

Developer
And now I just noticed that there was a space instead of a tab after _romanticFightsLeft in defaults.txt. That might explain the problem I had.

Patch updated again.

exxyle

Awesome feature. I'm curious, would it be possible to add a similar counter for Nemesis assassins, or do they work differently?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The code should be similar between them and holiday monsters. 35-50 adventure range, don't clear the counter at rollover. The hard part, I think, would be creating a counter after fighting the last one if you lose the fight, but not if you win the fight. Perhaps the counter could be created, and then receiving secret tropical island volcano lair map could clear the nemesis counters.