Feature - Rejected Add clan VIP shower as a choice adventure?

This is speculative, and it'd be a while before I get a patch together because I'm working on restorative items right now, but to throw it out there for feedback... Would adding the clan VIP shower as a "choice adventure" be an acceptable direction to code? Point being, ala the recently added options for the firestarter kit, having it as a pseudo-choice adventure would mean that we could allow the user to choose what they'd prefer the shower to do every time, and thus we could include it as part of breakfast. My whole goal here is to have a configurable way within kolmafia (as of course I can write my own breakfast/login script to do this easily enough) to allow use of the clan VIP shower. If one left it as "show in relay browser", then it would skip it during breakfast, but if one chose one of the various options, it would execute as a part of breakfast. So - reasonable direction? Wildly offbase/no value-add? Bad way to solve a problem, and I should just have a login script and move on?

Bale

Minion
I think that IronTetsubo just didn't realize there's a CLI command for that.

shower accepts any of the following parameters: cold | ice | cool | moxie | lukewarm | mysticality | warm | muscle | hot | mp

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
And a fairly attractive Daily Deed

What do you mean by only "fairly attractive"? That Daily Deed is damn sexy and knows how to work it. Of course, it is built on the cli command or else it would need a script like the Vamp Out deed.

Hmm. No, I was aware of the gcli command and the daily deed option, but as far as I know, neither of those integrate in with breakfast/login nicely. But to be fair, the only shower "use-case" that you'd probably be fine with having happen automatically on login is the double-ice shards, so I withdraw my suggestion.

slyz

Developer
ala the recently added options for the firestarter kit
I don't know if it was a conscious design decision, but items that lead to choice adventures tend to get implemented that way since they all use inv_use.php and choice.php, whereas locations with unconventional URLs such as clan items, or scratch 'n' sniff sticker bedazzling, tend to get their own CLI commands.