Feature - Rejected add a counter for the maze of sewer tunnels

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The information is available in the Session Results. I can see why you wouldn't want to finish the sewer, but if you don't want to finish the sewer, why are you taking tunnels or killing monsters?

psly4mne

Killing sewer monsters to level up happens, but never anywhere near enough to get through the sewer. Are you aware that sewer progress resets when you ascend?

The progress of the sewers is part of character state. There's a lot of things that mafia tracks badly or incompletely. That doesn't mean they're not useful. Knowing when the sewers are about to end is useful to know and a lot easier to track in mafia than by hand. Why do you think it's a bad idea?

HippoKing

The progress of the sewers is part of character state. There's a lot of things that mafia tracks badly or incompletely. That doesn't mean they're not useful. Knowing when the sewers are about to end is useful to know and a lot easier to track in mafia than by hand. Why do you think it's a bad idea?

It's mostly useless, and fairly complicated. That seems like reason enough. If you don't think it's complicated, think about when you'd have reset it. Do you keep searching to see if the dungeon has been reopened? Do you maintain a seperate counter for each clan the player is in?

psly4mne

The pseudo-item Sewer Exploration (or whatever it's called) does pretty much what you want this to do. To do any better that that would require checking what clan you're in after every combat, which is an extra page hit and can fail if you /whitelist at the wrong time, and there would still be no way to account for hobopolis flooding.

Quick Query: Sewer Tunnel Explorations... is there a way to access that number in a script?
(while I'm asking, how 'bout other pseudo-items as well, like Flyer ML)

Bale

Minion
For insults you pretty much need to do something like this:

PHP:
int countInsults() { 
	int total;
	for i from 1 to 8
		if(get_property("lastPirateInsult"+i) == "true")
			total = total + 1;
	if(total > insults) {
		print("Learned insult number: "+total, "green");
		insults = total;
	}
	return total;
}