Bug - Fixed Abort in a mood or betweenBattleScript does not abort if using the relay browser

Stardock

If you're doing automatic adventuring from the KoLmafia GUI and your betweenBattleScript or mood throws an abort the adventure doesn't happen. If you're in the relay browser however, the abort fires and you see the results in the CLI, but the adventure still takes place as normal.

This fix is causing problems for my wife... she says that the issue is that if she doesn't have enough mana to cast her buffs for her mood, the relay browser won't let her to continue adventuring.

Often her fix for running out of mana is to equip a mana generating familiar. She suggests that if you don't allow someone to adventure in the relay browser that you use a fortune cookie
like mechanism such as "Adventure Anyway". Because if she turns her moods off to adventure, she frequently forgets to turn them back on again, and it's really making everything
much too micro-managy.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Her "fix" is to turn off the "run moods before manual adventures" Preferences/Browser. I am sorry if that is "too micro-managy".

So you are saying if you de-check "run moods before manual adventures" that moods will be run after manual adventures? Because that is the behavior that she likes and it used to work that way.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Sigh.

I respectfully suggest that if that is the behavior she likes, she's forgetting about the times when that was the behavior she DOESN'T like. For example, when she's just completed an adventure, her mood ran and cast various effects, but she was about to spend turns at the shore, say, and really would have preferred that KoLmafia had not just spent a bunch of MP giving her effects which were about to be wasted. The current behavior is to maintain a mood in those stuations - and ONLY those situations - when you are about to adventure somewhere that might lead to a combat, and you really want all your effects up.

I'm willing to reconsider making the "couldn't maintain a mood" warning clickable to continue anyway. I'd prefer it if you'd make a Feature Request for that, rather than simply tacking it on to this one.

roippi

Developer
So you are saying if you de-check "run moods before manual adventures" that moods will be run after manual adventures? Because that is the behavior that she likes and it used to work that way.

Moods were fixed to work the same way when automating and using the relay browser.

You are asking for the wrong thing - the problem is not that the mood execution fires at a different time, it is that mood execution is causing an abort. She needs to look at her restoration settings and let mafia restore MP appropriately.