"3rd party tools", Login, cookie & requests (with curl)?

unfako

Hi!

1) I didn't ingestive further (yet), but the KOL login page seems to do some "security stuff" that could also be interpreted as a way to dis-encourage people from using other means than an internet browser to connect. But if I got it right, making and using "3rd party tools" is generally allowed... is that right and does that mean I'm free to "experiment" (try to connect with curl from command line etc)?

2) Does anyone have some notes on "KOL server behaviour" I could borrow left or even knows how to log in and request pages with curl? Like what that long hidden number is for, why connecting doesn't work without it but then again works if I just replace it by anything... what URL should be used and where to get it from etc.

3) I'm really really bad at reading (java) code, but if someone could point me into the right direction, that might help too. Like what are to main classes or functions or whatever for basic communication (connect / page with get / page with post).

Thanks!

unfako

Thanks, that was already insightful - but for some reason I keep getting "Login failed. Bad password."

The responses to the challenge match the ones generated by a browser and the js, so there must be something else.

Does that loginid value in the URL do anything? Didn't find anything on that one. Referer-check maybe? Or should I not send the challenge/response to the login.php on the main server (where else? Where get the server load balancing / subserver number www$x.kingdom....?)...