2 questions: Options-Bookmarks, Combat-Menu

1. I was digging through the preferences pane today and I saw an option set for Bookmarks, which allows you to add a custom url string. What is the intended purposes of this feature, and what cool things have people done with it? Is it for saving links out to the KOL Wiki for quests or something?

2. Always when I start a combat it seems to default my combat action bar to the 2nd page. I'll go up to the first page to fight, then the next time I enter combat it'll be on the 2nd page. I don't know if this is KOL or Mafia causing this, anyone else encountered it?

Thanks guys!

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
2. Always when I start a combat it seems to default my combat action bar to the 2nd page. I'll go up to the first page to fight, then the next time I enter combat it'll be on the 2nd page. I don't know if this is KOL or Mafia causing this, anyone else encountered it?

KoL only saves which page you are on when you make a change to the CAB. Drag an item off the CAB, then immediately put it back where it was, and KoL should remember the page. That's usually only an issue when logging out and back in though.

roippi

Developer
1. I was digging through the preferences pane today and I saw an option set for Bookmarks, which allows you to add a custom url string. What is the intended purposes of this feature, and what cool things have people done with it? Is it for saving links out to the KOL Wiki for quests or something?

If you add bookmarks in Preferences -> Bookmarks, there will be a bookmarks item in mafia's menu bar that you can use.

As for 2), the CAB is a KoL thing, as lost says.