Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mafia no longer collects Drink Me potion, pumpkin?

Default Mafia no longer collects Drink Me potion, pumpkin?

I would swear Mafia used to collect this automatically. Now, not only does it not seem to do so, but it won't even get a hatter buff from daily deeds I'm currently on r10783, but this has been the case for a goodly number of daily builds - at least a few weeks' worth IIRC.

Furthermore, it no longer seems to automatically collect pumpkins from my garden. (My Prefs->In Ronin garden slot is set to "pumpkin", and I have pumpkins planted).

You are talking about Breakfast, I assume?

I am in Ronin (HC, actually)
    I have "visit clan VIP lounge" checked
    I have "peppermint sprout" selected

I am on the third day of this run. I have 3 "DRINK ME" potions in inventory, all collected via breakfast. Additionally, KoLmafia has automatically picked my peppermint every day.

Nothing has changed in Breakfast since the peppermint was changed, I believe.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

From a run today...

Visiting Looking Glass in clan VIP lounge
    You acquire an item: "DRINK ME" potion
    I also had hatter buffs available via Daily Deeds. The first thing that comes to mind is does mafia know you have the Clan VIP Lounge key? I once inadvertently put it in my DC and started a HC run and it was unavailable until I finished the run. Another question might be are you clan hopping and perhaps there is something different about lounge contents or access? I suspect this is Not A Bug but I'll let someone else mark it.
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

For the "normal user" viewpoint, mine has been working fine as well. The only thing I've noticed is that it doesn't automatically run Breakfast after you reincarnate into a new life; after I forgot to harvest my garden on Day 1 one life, I quickly gained the habit of just running Breakfast after I start a new run. Of course, it would also do it if I ever logged out and then later logged in during that day.

(There's probably a setting for that, but for now it's just easiest for me to simply type a quick "breakfast" into the cli after my new life starts.)

One other idea: did the Breakfast checkbox on your login screen for Mafia become unchecked? Mine went unchecked sometime in the past couple weeks, but I figured I just clicked on it by mistake at some point; since I turned it back on, it's stayed.

The setting is your postAscension script.

And the Breakfast checkbox on my accounts has been going unchecked when I log off, but comes back when I change users again...

I've had my mafia set to do breakfast on login for a very long time. Recently that boxed is no longer checked, and remains unchecked.

There've been some people over on GD that lately have mentioned their breakfast settings going away, too. I've had no such problems myself.

My issue with the way breakfast is currently set up, I I have one character with peppermint and one character with pumpkins. Which just means a settings change in my login script I guess. Whatever. I fixed it by just taking patch control from mafia and adding it to my login script.

Interesting - the breakfast checkbox had indeed become unchecked - I'm as confident as I can be that it was not by my hand, though I guess one can never state something like that as an absolute certainty.

Checking it, then restarting Mafia does now have it checked, so hopefully I'm good - I'll keep an eye on it in future, just in case there is something unchecking it rather than my error

Thanks and apologies for the wasted time.

My issue with the way breakfast is currently set up, I I have one character with peppermint and one character with pumpkins. Which just means a settings change in my login script I guess. Whatever. I fixed it by just taking patch control from mafia and adding it to my login script.
    Originally Posted by Weatherboy View Post
    And, given that breakfast settings are global, rather than per-character, that is the correct solution.

I could see a case for the settings being per-character. I haven't thought through what the implications would be for existing characters were we to make that change now, though.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.