Maximize.ash, maximize equipment in one command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

Wow, thanks for pointing that out. I completely forgot to attach the new zip instead of just the .ash file.

evilspoons

Is it possible to make this script pull items from storage, or does it already? I'd really like something that can help me decide what items to pull without looking through the wiki/game at every item description for the equipment I think may be useful.

Incidentally, it would be nice if Mafia itself would highlight items that are currently equipable vs. ones that are not (level, stat requirements, etc.)

Paragon

I don't see (immediately) why this would be difficult. I built it for hardcore runs... but I suppose I could take a look to see how difficult this would be to implement. I know I could easily have it show you what the best would be given no restrictions. Anyway, I will look at it next time i get the chance. Most likely i would put it in as a switch option. I.E -pull or somesuch. My only concern is that the script is already running slower then I would like it to and I am not sure if adding this option would slow it down too much more.

windharp

Beside the speed problem, I just noticed the script is not fully linux compatible. Under linux (and other unix systems) directory levels are marked with a forward slash "/" while your script hardcodes them as "\" which results in files like "maximize\ItemMap.txt" being created instead the existing ones in the subfolder being used.

kain

On my previous basement run, it pulled items (or requested that Mafia do so) from Hagnks. I was already out of ronin though, and am now in hardcore and can't do an in-ronin test.

johngnash

so is there a way to call 2 diff item types, like muscle and moxie, so it picks the one that modifies either of those stats the most (or both)

Paragon

No, not at the moment. The closest thing you could get would be to remove all items, call it with whichever stat you wanted most, then call it again usuing the no overwrite arg with the second stat.

The reson you can't do it the otherway is because I can't think of a good way to compare things that aren't the same. For instance, which is better +7% item drop or +10 muscle?

dangerpin

That kind of comparison would, indeed, be difficult. One that picked the more powerful choice for a given equipment slot between two similar choices like muscle and moxie (as mentioned earlier) or between two different types of resistances as might be used in the basement would seem to be at least a little easier.

In any case, I love this script and I'm very thankful for you, Paragon, for letting us all share in it's extreme goodness. I'd say that I use this almost every day.

Paragon

Thanks for the complement dangerpin. I really appreciate all you hard working kolmafia devs making this fine piece of software to write my scripts in.

Muhandes

Very nice script.
I just noticed some bugs

> call maximize.ash moxie

Finding best outfit for moxie
Equipping:
Weapon: star crossbow(0)
OffHand: none(0)
Acc1: tube sock(0)
Acc2: Mr. Accessory(0)
Acc3: Order of the Silver Wossname(0)
Mod:
Equipment changed.
Putting on tube sock...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Mr. Accessory...
Equipment changed.
Best outfit for moxie Equipped.
Done.

> call maximize.ash moxie

Finding best outfit for moxie
Taking off tube sock...
Equipment changed.
Equipping:
Weapon: star crossbow(0)
OffHand: none(0)
Acc1: tube sock(0)
Acc2: Mr. Accessory(0)
Acc3: Order of the Silver Wossname(0)
Mod:
Done.

First, I have two Mr. A in my inventory, so I believe the second Mr. A should have been equipped rather than the wossname.
Second, you can see that on the second time it unnecessarily took off my tube sock (I marked it with bold). If this was muscle or myst it would have caused maximum HP/MP to be reduces, and a possible loss of HP/MP if you are maxed.

Muhandes

Sorry for the double post, another issue:

Finding best outfit for resistance
Equipping:
Weapon: Staff of the Grand Flambé(0)
OffHand: battered hubcap(0)
Acc1: round purple sunglasses(0)
Acc2: tiny plastic bitchin' meatcar(0)
Acc3: tiny plastic skeletal reindeer(0)
Mod:
Putting on distressed denim pants...
Equipment changed.
Removing items from closet...
Wielding Staff of the Grand Flambé...
You are not able to equip chefstaves.

As I can't use the Staff, I think it should not have been considered.

dangerpin

This is really geared towards gear. :)

That is, the focus of this script, as it currently stands, is all about what you can modify through changing parts of your outfit.

Since non-combat adventures is really best modified through use of effects brought on by potions, skills and that sort of thing it really doesn't fall within the scope of this script.

Sounds like an interesting project though.

Muhandes

You can use it for maximizing combat, which equips monster bait. I thought it would make sense to be able to use it to maximize non-combat, which should equip ring of conflict and the yendorian outfit, if only for symmetry.

dangerpin

Ah, sorry my brain failed me. Of course you are right.

It can maximize combat rate. Combat rate is expressed as a positive or negative number. What you want to do is maximize the negative combat rate.

Looks like this would have had to be addressed as a special case in the code and I can't see it. Of course I'm a script-noob and the baby is teething and so the world is pretty bleary to me.

Paragon?

Paragon

Yea... I saw that when I was writing the script in the beginning. It was my little secret I didn't want to deal with. Each thing is meant to check the highest value... hacking a fix would be possible. To be perfectly honest this is by far the most used item of code I have ever created. But this is kind of where my lack of experience shows through. I am currently deciding to do a complete re-write or if I should grit my teeth and stich this project back together. As soon as I figure that out I'll release a version that addresses the speed issue, the cheifstaff problem (It's tricker than you think even with item_type returning cheifstaff), the idea of giving a primary and secondary attribute to maximize and this problem.

BTW: Sorry if this msg is odd, my head is in the clouds right now.

hairball

Paragon,

I like this script! I used it once and it took my meat drop outfit from +336.67% meat and +131.33% items up to 351.67% and 141.33% in one fell swoop. Well, almost. It didn't equip my Mayfly necklace, instead used a toy train. Once I swapped necklace for toy train it did well.

The script is probably fine - it's just that my version of Mafia has no clue what the mayfly necklace is since it was built in March. :)

But anyway, I like this script! I will be sending you some balls...

hairball

[quote author=hairball link=topic=1410.msg8126#msg8126 date=1211141726]
Paragon,

I like this script! I used it once and it took my meat drop outfit from +336.67% meat and +131.33% items up to 351.67% and 141.33% in one fell swoop. Well, almost. It didn't equip my Mayfly necklace, instead used a toy train. Once I swapped necklace for toy train it did well.

The script is probably fine - it's just that my version of Mafia has no clue what the mayfly necklace is since it was built in March. :)

But anyway, I like this script! I will be sending you some balls...

[/quote]

Even with a newer Mafia, the Mayfly Bait Necklace doesn't get equipped. I have to swap out a toy train. It would be nice if it could (when choosing between items of equal meat drop) pick the one which has the higher item drop on it.

Also, it never puts on my origami pasties...just leaves whatever shirt I had on (not using the -no option).

Darkness

This script is very nice.

The HP maximization could be better if it considered items that give +muscle as they are sometimes better than +HP items (especially is muscle class).

Status
Not open for further replies.