One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

kiltchdie

Re: One-Click Wossname 1.2 -- automatic level 12 quest completion

On the new toon I started running this script on, it stops at the junkyard ( I know you know this)

But, interestingly enough, after manually completing the junkyard quest, i'd advise people to re-start kol-mafia before executing the script again, as when I did such, it stopped at step 10 and wouldn't update the number of frats/hippies killed, or even show the stat, it would just say step 10 unable to be completed.

Got it going again however, and it got to the arena quest, went to the haunted bathroom, summoned the guy made of bees twice without posting the flyer, just attacks it.

Wondering if that's normal.

zarqon

Make sure you changed your custom combat script as described in the first post, and that you have that script selected while running the script.

EDIT: Just to be safe I added a check to make sure you have the flyers, but I think yours is a ccs issue. Also added a few more print commands so you can understand what's happening more easily.

dangerpin

This might come off sounding picky, if so I apologize and please disregard. But I would love it if you would go to a third distinguishing version number. As in 1.2.1 for the current version of the script. I keep wondering if I have the latest and greatest and not being sure until I unzip and check dates revised and all that.

By the way I just started up one of my characters on 1.2 this morning and it was a much happier and easy experience than my first few tries with 1.0 and 1.1, thank you for your work. I missed the wossname by 1 combat on my last try for it, somewhere I had an extra combat on one side and ended up not having things work out. I'm sure that was due to issue on my part as I learned what I need to do to be successful.

But even with that lack of full success it was a much more pleasurable experience and I ended up getting all my laundry folded while it did the work for me so hats off to you.

zarqon

I appreciate pickiness, so thanks for your picky suggestion. :) Starting now all updates will increment the third version number.

By the way, the current version has been problem-free for me with two characters, one hardcore and one softcore, up to step 7 so far. Triumph!

I might even get to the junkyard today and try to figure out what the heck is up with that.

tebee

Just trying this now, will let you know how I get on

One little change I could suggest, change the custom combat to :-

[ guy made of bees ]
item jam band flyers,antique hand mirror

as if you don't have funkslinging Mafia just ignore the second item so this would work in all cases.

Tom

degrassi

I tried this script (very ambitious, btw) and it worked alright until the orchard. It tried to do the orchard sub-quest but when I ran out of stench with the royal guards it just collapsed. There should probably be a check in there to see if the RNG hates you and you don't get the guard's scent gland before you run out of the lower level of stench. When I did it by hand, I didn't see a guard gland until 49 attempts (every 10 running out of stench and having to start over, ugh).

<whine>And that was with phat loot!</whine>

Maybe the RNG doesn't hate anyone as much as me right now, so it may not hit anyone else, but a catch for it to go backwards would be a useful check.

macman104

[quote author=degrassi link=topic=1395.msg6717#msg6717 date=1200686012]
I tried this script (very ambitious, btw) and it worked alright until the orchard. It tried to do the orchard sub-quest but when I ran out of stench with the royal guards it just collapsed. There should probably be a check in there to see if the RNG hates you and you don't get the guard's scent gland before you run out of the lower level of stench. When I did it by hand, I didn't see a guard gland until 49 attempts (every 10 running out of stench and having to start over, ugh).

<whine>And that was with phat loot!</whine>

Maybe the RNG doesn't hate anyone as much as me right now, so it may not hit anyone else, but a catch for it to go backwards would be a useful check.
[/quote]I meant to mention this, those should all probably be while loops, I think that would fix it...maybe..

tebee

OK ran this and it stopped at the junkyard with "unable to complete step 9" using the optimal strategy

It appeared to be getting false back from the junkyard subquest function and not running anything in this so I added a print statement to check and lo and behold it ran the sidequest.

this is what I did

Code:
// completes the junkyard sidequest
boolean junkyard_sq()  {
   print("Visiting junkyard...");

// returns the html from visiting yossarian
   string visit_yossarian() {
      print("Visiting Yossarian...");
      dress_apropos(plan[step].hippy_frat);
      return visit_url("bigisland.php?action=junkman&pwd=");

Not sure what this changed at the mo

Next problem is it stops at step 10......

tebee

Right, well the problem with it stopping at the next step was something I'd added, putting in an extra print to debug.

The good news is it went to the end and killed 999 on each side, the (only slightly) bad news is that it thought it had only killed 995 hippies. I'll have to go back though the session logs and see if I can find where it went wrong. The downside of this for me is that it didn't go and cash in all the various goodies and, like I usually do, I forgot to do so before blowing up both camps.

So thanks for an excellent script and one, with a few tweaks here and there, will make life much easier.

Tom

zarqon

So, the junkyward quest worked absolutely perfectly for me with both characters (HC and SC). Perhaps the problem inadvertently fixed itself when I added the print commands to the beginning of the sidequests. (Similar to what tebee noted above.)

@degrassi and macman: I originally had them as while loops, forgot why I changed it. I'll take another look at it. You're right, there should be a check for RNG-hatred victims.

@tebee re: funkslinging ccs: from the end-user manual:
Note that in the event that you are missing the first item, KoLmafia will still consider using the second item. However, if you are missing the second item but not the first, KoLmafia will consider this to be an error and auto-stop.
I interpreted that to mean that you should put the item that you absolutely want to use second, not first. So the code you gave would work fine for everyone except funkslinging characters who don't have the mirror. Is the manual current on this? I don't have funkslinging so I can't test.

EDIT: 1.2.2 update. Orchard sidequest has been changed to loop back if Ron and Grim hate you. Also removed the "collect daily rewards" section since mafia 12.0 now does that. And OCW now resets the islewar properties to their initial values if the war hasn't yet been started.

Kenshiro70

I absolutely love this script. Just one request - has anyone created a plan file which will do one side or the other only? It's great for getting the Wossname, but I'd like to use it beyond that, for when I only want to do the frat or hippy side. Perhaps that could be made into options in addition to fastest and optimal?

Thanks again for the wonderful work!

tebee

Firstly as regards the count going wrong - here's and example from my session log where it jumps 11 at one point although it was already wrong before this.

Code:
[10451] Battlefield (Frat Uniform)
Encounter: War Hippy Airborne Commander
Round 0: Pogryl wins initiative!
Round 1: Pogryl attacks!
Round 2: Pogryl attacks!
Round 3: Pogryl attacks!
You acquire an item: purple clay bead
You acquire an item: communications windchimes
You acquire an item: water pipe bomb
You gain 11 Strengthliness
You gain 31 Wizardliness
You gain 11 Chutzpah
 > 8 hippiesDefeated
 > Current death toll: 928
 > You are on Frat-slaying pic 31
 > You are on Hippy-slaying pic 29
 > Goal: 999 hippies slain.

[10452] Battlefield (Frat Uniform)
Encounter: Green Ops Soldier
You lose 157 hit points
Round 4: Pogryl attacks!
You lose 79 hit points
You acquire an item: green clay bead
You gain 9 Fortitude
You gain 34 Mysteriousness
You gain 11 Smarm

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 236 hit points
 > 8 hippiesDefeated
 > Current death toll: 936
 > You are on Hippy-slaying pic 30

[10453] Battlefield (Frat Uniform)
You gain 13 Fortitude
You gain 22 Wizardliness
You gain 17 Roguishness
 > 8 hippiesDefeated
 > Current death toll: 947
 > You are on Hippy-slaying pic 30

Any ideas why? In my case it ended under in the end so there must be more occurrences where it used the wrong figure, would it help to go through the log and list them all?

As regards ccs and funkslinging I haven't tried not having the mirror but of course except in hardcore it's simply a case of buying one if you haven't got it first!

Have you put your working version of the script up? - I thought I'd got the latest version off this thread but it failed at the junkyard until I added the extra print statment.

Tom

tebee

OK I've found the place where it missed out counting hippies

Code:
[10439] Battlefield (Frat Uniform)
Encounter: War Hippy Elder Shaman
You acquire an item: Gaia beads
You acquire an item: carbonated soy milk
You acquire an item: flowing hippy skirt
You gain 11 Beefiness
You gain 28 Magicalness
You gain 17 Roguishness
 > 8 hippiesDefeated
 > Current death toll: 839
 > You are on Hippy-slaying pic 28

[10440] Battlefield (Frat Uniform)
Encounter: C.A.R.N.I.V.O.R.E.  Operative
You lose 8 hit points
Unknown monster found on battlefield: c.a.r.n.i.v.o.r.e.  operative
You gain 512 Meat
You acquire an item: green clay bead
You acquire an item: C.A.R.N.I.V.O.R.E. button
You gain 12 Fortitude
You gain 28 Wizardliness
You gain 16 Sarcasm

[10441] Battlefield (Frat Uniform)
Encounter: War Hippy Elite Rigger
You acquire an item: lead pipe
You gain 13 Strengthliness
You gain 26 Enchantedness
You gain 12 Roguishness
 > 8 hippiesDefeated
 > Current death toll: 847
 > You are on Hippy-slaying pic 28

Is that a Mafia error that's being thrown out in the middle?

Tom

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=tebee link=topic=1395.msg6728#msg6728 date=1200784084]
Code:
10440] Battlefield (Frat Uniform)
Encounter: C.A.R.N.I.V.O.R.E.  Operative
You lose 8 hit points
Unknown monster found on battlefield: c.a.r.n.i.v.o.r.e.  operative
Is that a Mafia error that's being thrown out in the middle?
[/quote]
Yes indeed. We only count monsters that are known to appear on the battlefield. Otherwise, Feast of Boris monsters will show up as defeated hippies or fratboys. But, that requires that our monster database agree exactly with the monster name that KoL reports - and if you look closely, you'll see that the monster, as reported by KoL and dutifully logged by KoLmafia, has TWO spaces in the middle. That doesn't match with KoLmafia's monster database, which only has a single space.

I'll update the monster database.

macman104

is there a way for mafia to be smarter about something like spaces? It seems like something that shouldn't bork mafia. Just kind of a thought. I'm sure it's probably not worth the etrra efforts, but it seems like somethign that mafia might want to be able to handle.

zarqon

@tebee: thanks for your thorough help in debugging this script. And congrats on finding a mafia error. :) I have no idea why mafia added 11 for you that one time though. And I'm a little confused why if it didn't count a monster, the count would be under by only 4? Odd.

I suppose that is OCW's Achilles heel -- it's only as reliable as mafia's battlefield count.

EDIT: I've added some extra checking for picture 31 so it will be difficult for OCW to overshoot the mark.

@Kenshiro: so far no one has posted any additional warplans. Might be a good time for you to make some! It's not too hard. Read "Plan Maker.ash" for more info. Or, I could make them for you if you tell me what order you'd like to do things. Having single-side warplans available would be a good idea.

tebee

The count was under as it didn't count that monster as having killed any hippies.

So 999(what it should have been) - 8(for the one it didn't count) +3(11-8 for the one it counted wrongly) = 995 the count the script thought I had. But when I displayed the battle field in the relay browser it showed 999 on each side correctly. So how does your internal count differ from mafias?

I've tried it again today on another multi and I got this at the end

Code:
Visit to IsleWar: Battlefield (Frat Uniform) in progress...
Strategy: custom: default.ccs
Round 0: quxrel wins initiative!
Round 1: quxrel attacks!
Round 2: quxrel attacks!
You acquire an item: ferret bait
You gain 10 Beefiness
You gain 21 Mysteriousness
You gain 20 Sarcasm

Delay between requests: 0.8 seconds
Delay added this session: 2 minutes, 22 seconds

8 hippiesDefeated
Current death toll: 999
You are on Frat-slaying pic 31
You are on Hippy-slaying pic 31
Step 13 completed!
All steps completed, but not all enemies were slain. Check your war plan for errors.

I suppose it's possible the frat count was wrong,but it appears to have killed all the right numbers but not recognised the fact.

Tom

zarqon

I had that same error today when my SC guy finished the quest. Turns out I misspelled a property by one letter. Fixed that.

Also, just in case mafia's count gets off, I've added an extra check, so if you hit picture 31 or 32 the property is updated and OCW will thus have a correct count. Should help prevent OCW overshooting the mark due to mafia having an incorrect count.

Also, since I reached the end, I added initial support for completing the final combat and getting your reward. I'll test it with my HC guy today or tomorrow.

EDIT: It worked beautifully with my HC character! I ran the script today and it completed the final steps, traded my gear in, used the flaregun on The Last Stand and collected the Wossname! Sweetness.

ANOTHER EDIT: Veracity or other mafia coders watching this thread: how about adding that check to mafia? It already displays the picture numbers. Just a couple lines of code when visiting bigisland.php would help safeguard against count errors:

Code:
if (fratpicnumber == 31) set_property(fratboysDefeated, 999);
if (fratpicnumber == 32) set_property(fratboysDefeated, 1000);
if (hippypicnumber == 31) set_property(hippiesDefeated, 999);
if (hippypicnumber == 32) set_property(hippiesDefeated, 1000);
^ Whatever that translates to in Java.

Artemisdove

Thanks for a fantastic script. I was trying to use it, with the warplans in their own folder, and received an error of warplans not found. I tried it with the plans in the wossname folder with wossname.ash, within the mafia scripts folder to the same result. I tried the workaround you suggested for Relim, of replacing line 123 of wossname.ash with 57-70 of plan maker.ash, and that seems to be working. I'm using version 1.2.3 of wossname.ash and KoLmafia version 100.0 on osx, if that helps.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
[quote author=zarqon link=topic=1395.msg6741#msg6741 date=1200835258]
ANOTHER EDIT: Veracity or other mafia coders watching this thread: how about adding that check to mafia?  It already displays the picture numbers.  Just a couple lines of code when visiting bigisland.php would help safeguard against count errors:

Code:
if (fratpicnumber == 31) set_property(fratboysDefeated, 999);
if (fratpicnumber == 32) set_property(fratboysDefeated, 1000);
if (hippypicnumber == 31) set_property(hippiesDefeated, 999);
if (hippypicnumber == 32) set_property(hippiesDefeated, 1000);
^ Whatever that translates to in Java.[/quote]
We already do this.

Anytime you visit the island, we look at the pictures of both sides and calculate the minimum and maximum number of hippies and fratboys that remain on the island. If our kill count is below the minimum, we set the count to the minimum. If our kill count is above the maximum, we set the count to the maximum.