New Content - Implemented Make-Your-Own-Vampire-Fangs kit

matt.chugg

I'll be adding the choice adventures, and effects and anything else here as I find them but for now here's the items

Unknown item found: Make-Your-Own-Vampire-Fangs kit (5301, 855608589)
--------------------
5301 Make-Your-Own-Vampire-Fangs kit usable all 0
5301 855608589 fangskit.gif Make-Your-Own-Vampire-Fangs kit
# Make-Your-Own-Vampire-Fangs kit

Unknown item found: plastic vampire fangs (5299, 724945195)
--------------------
5299 plastic vampire fangs accessory display 0
5299 724945195 vampirefangs.gif plastic vampire fangs
plastic vampire fangs 0 none
# plastic vampire fangs: Makes You Thirst For Blood
plastic vampire fangs Maximum HP: +30, Maximum MP: +30, Muscle: +15, Mysticality: +15, Moxie: +15, Softcore Only

matt.chugg

You acquire an effect: There Wolf (duration: 30 Adventures)
--------------------
934 There Wolf wolfmask.gif 02f23a504339a3803e97324d5af13db2
There Wolf Weapon Damage Percent: +100
--------------------

You acquire an effect: Pride of the Vampire (duration: 30 Adventures)
--------------------
935 Pride of the Vampire vampirefangs.gif 1be892a67365bfd314e3a4456665cac5
Pride of the Vampire Muscle Percent: +50, Mysticality Percent: +50, Moxie Percent: +50

These were discovered using the spading method I like to call "click on things until something happens"

slyz

Developer
I'm not going to buy this IoTM for myself, but since you can get the adventures by using a tradeable item, I can look into adding support for those, after I break the prism.

Unless someone beats me to it, of course :)

GValko

Other items:
Unknown item found: Interview With You (a Vampire) (5300, 591301518)
--------------------
5300 Interview With You (a Vampire) usable all 111
5300 591301518 book3.gif Interview With You (a Vampire)
# Interview With You (a Vampire)
--------------------

Masquerade Rewards:
--------------------
5302 your own black heart usable display 111
5302 969698727 heart.gif your own black heart
# your own black heart
--------------------
This is an HP/MP restoring item. No idea on the ranges other than "everything" for a lower level character.
--------------------
5303 Sword of the Brouhaha Prince offhand display 111
5303 495767298 vampsword.gif Sword of the Brouhaha Prince
Sword of the Brouhaha Prince 0 none
Sword of the Brouhaha Prince Muscle Percent: +12
--------------------
--------------------
5304 Chalice of the Malkovich Prince offhand display 111
5304 534611026 vampchalice.gif Chalice of the Malkovich Prince
Chalice of the Malkovich Prince 0 none
Chalice of the Malkovich Prince Muscle Percent: +4, Mysticality Percent: +4, Moxie Percent: +4
--------------------
--------------------
5305 Sceptre of the Torremolinos Prince offhand display 111
5305 475867577 vampsceptre.gif Sceptre of the Torremolinos Prince
Sceptre of the Torremolinos Prince 0 none
Sceptre of the Torremolinos Prince Mysticality Percent: +12
--------------------
--------------------
5306 Medallion of the Ventrilo Prince offhand display 111
5306 546884701 vampmedal.gif Medallion of the Ventrilo Prince
Medallion of the Ventrilo Prince 0 none
Medallion of the Ventrilo Prince Moxie Percent: +12
--------------------

Effects:
--------------------
933 Bat Attitude bat.gif 9ffce772c60c8bf71d3eac3974d614cb
Bat Attitude Spell Damage Percent: +100
--------------------
--------------------
935 Pride of the Vampire vampirefangs.gif 1be892a67365bfd314e3a4456665cac5
Pride of the Vampire Muscle Percent: +50, Mysticality Percent: +50, Moxie Percent: +50
--------------------
--------------------
936 Prince of Seaside Town crown.gif 379b1014e45c59ddc795cac103390472
Prince of Seaside Town Muscle Percent: +100, Mysticality Percent: +100, Moxie Percent: +100
--------------------

Last edited:

mstieler

Hopefully, this will help.

I'm working on spading out the Stat adventures. They appear to go all over the place as to which ones lead to what stats. Currently, 4 paths are mapped out on the Wiki.

The paths to get the four Vampire Clan items are known on the Wiki, as well as some (but not every) path to the other buffs and items.

Additional effect:
--------------------
932 Mistified famspirit.gif 98c31ab5b2eb658338a7816ab2d93d44
Mistified Damage Reduction 30
--------------------
(not 100% on the formatting there, however it looks to be in accordance with the above effects)

I'm not certain if you'd require the paths to get to each buff or item, but I'll go ahead and list them here. I'm also not certain if you need the "only one choice" answers noted, but I added them anyways for specifics; this is also going off this being the first usage of "Vamp Out" of the day.

Items:
Interview With You (a Vampire) (known path: 3, 1, 4, 4, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) [this aligns you as a Ventrilo, and gets a "near-perfect" nomination]
your own black heart (known path: 3, 4, 2, 1, 1, 3, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1) [this aligns you as a Torremolino, and screws up the nomination]
Sword of the Brouhaha Prince (3, 3, 1, 2, 4, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1) [this aligns you as a Brouhaha, and gets a "perfect" nomination]
Chalice of the Malkovich Prince (3, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1) [this aligns you as a Malkovich, and gets a "perfect" nomination]
Sceptre of the Torremolinos Prince (3, 4, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1) [this aligns you as a Torremolino, and gets a "perfect" nomination]
Medallion of the Ventrilo Prince (3, 1, 4, 4, 2, 3, 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1) [this aligns you as a Ventrilo, and gets a "perfect" nomination]

Buffs:
Prince of Seaside Town (follow any of the " 'perfect' nomination" paths above)
Pride of the Vampire (the same as the "Interview With You (a Vampire)" path above)
Bat Attitude (1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1) [this stalks the night, picks up a hobo, goes to the castle, goes to the harem, learns Mesmerize, stalks the night again and picks up the girl]
Mistified (1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 3, 1) [this stalks the night, picks up a hobo, goes to the castle, goes to the harem, learns Mesmerize, goes to the cemetery, and finds Minivan Helsing]
There Wolf (1, 2, 2, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1) [this stalks the night, picks up a hobo, goes to the cemetery, loots the mausoleum, goes to the castle, and finally the lab]

Stats:
Muscle: (2, 1, 1)
Moxie: (2, 1, 2, 2, 1)
Myst: (2, 1, 2, 3, 1)

GValko

Are the paths to the buffs dynamic in any way?

No. The paths are always:
Code:
Get a hobo thrall -> Rob the mausoleum -> Go to the lab and get wolfified.
                  -> Give him to the boudoir -> Seduce Girl and get batified
                                             -> Rob the grave and get mistified

Prince of Seaside Town is always given for getting all 4 votes in an election, Pride of the Vampire is for getting 2 or 3 votes. 3 has the added bonus of Interview With You (a Vampire)

Getting 1 vote gives you "your own black heart"

nasah

Is there a quick way to add "feed" to the list of useable skills? I'd like to have it in my ccs instead of manually clicking it every combat and I can't find a file specific to 'skills' in the mafia settings folder, the wiki lists it as #7116. Thanks in advance.

slyz

Developer
All the items/skills/effects have been added to the data files in r9878.

Now I have to find a way to add support for the "Interview With You" adventures. The main problem is that the same "option" number can lead to different choices, depending on what choices have already been made by the player.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
I was just talking about choice adventure 546, Interview With You.

I simply explored quickly the options, I haven't looked too closely at them. Specifically, I don't know if each choice is a different choice adventure (with its own number) or not.

If everything is choice adventure 546, a lot of hardcoding is going to be needed.

mstieler

I was just talking about choice adventure 546, Interview With You.

I simply explored quickly the options, I haven't looked too closely at them. Specifically, I don't know if each choice is a different choice adventure (with its own number) or not.

If everything is choice adventure 546, a lot of hardcoding is going to be needed.

I gotcha. Possibly a setting, reset daily, that would alter the other choices respectively?:
VampFangsBuff = true/false
VampFangsStat = true/false
VampFangsItem = true/false

Catch-22

Indeed. I just acquired the "Mistified" effect and my adventure progression was something like this:

pwd=hash&whichchoice=546&option=1
pwd=hash&whichchoice=546&option=2
etc. etc.

I was just sort of mashing buttons though...

slyz

Developer
That's what I was afraid of.

I guess that means I get a great occasion to go through the Louvre Manager and figure out how to create an Interview Manager :)

Catch-22

Thansk slyz. Sometimes I wonder why it should be left up to the devs to implement this sort of thing. I'm sure a community made ASH script could handle this task equally as well.

If you need any "Vamping Out" logs, let me know.

Catch-22

Well, I may be getting a little nostalgic here but if I'm not mistaken, one of Holatuwol's original goals for the project was to get KoLmafia up to a state where only data files needed to be updated and the rest could be accomplished by community driven scripting.

I know KoLmafia has come a long way since Hola started it all those centuries ago and a lot of other developers deserve the credit for that, but in some ways I think KoLmafia will never reach that design goal of being "complete" if developers are constantly tasked with hard-coding a bunch of stuff behind the scenes in order to support new content.

I'm sure there are a lot of opinions about the place regarding that, here probably isn't the place to discuss it :)

Bale

Minion
That was once Hola's goal. However that goal has since been discarded. Since KoL changes so frequently in ways that break existing functionality it is impossible that KoLmafia will ever avoid the need for updating. The update command to update data files has even been removed from the program. That goal is gone.