Feature White Citadel Burger consumption tracking

Theraze

Apparently White Citadel Burgers have an adventure range of 2-(burgers including this one eaten / 10). Meaning that your first Burger has a range of 2-(90% 2, 10% 3), up to your 60th burger, when it finally stabilizes at 2-8, our current static consumption item.

This apparently resets (temporarily) on bad moon ascensions, but goes back once it's over. As such, Veracity said, well:
It carries over across non Bad Moon ascensions? We need two properties then: one for current Bad Moon run, one for any other time. Make a Feature Request.

Not to say it will get implemented soon. ;)

Not asking for this immediately, just thinking that with proxy values, more accurate (and complicated) consumption data is significantly more possible.

Bale

Minion
proxy value do not change what Veracity said. It would still need the same two properties. Proxy values are just a way to pass internal data about KoL to the user, they do not provide continuity of character data between sessions.

Theraze

The proxy values just mean that unlike with directly loading the data files, we can have mafia tweak the data before we see it. In my view, proxy values increase mafia's ability to do unique handling and have it be more accurate... similar to what happens with Tuesday's Ruby and the Patriot Shield.

Example: if you load modifiers.txt and check for TR modifiers, you get
Tuesday's ruby none
If you check TR itself through the proxy values? Stuff! :)

Bale

Minion
That has absolutely nothing at all to do with White Citadel burger tracking.

Obviously if it was tracked, the currently existing proxy records would make it easy for the user to access that information, but that isn't a problem.

Last edited:

Theraze

Where did I say that proxy data as opposed had anything to do with the burger tracking besides making it so users have a way of potentially seeing the modifications easily? I don't think I actually said that anywhere, did I? I mean, I intimated that having the proxy values makes more accurate data coming to the user possible... you seem to agree about that. I said that we needed 2 new properties, one for current bad moon and one for all other ascensions... you seem to agree that we need those same 2 properties as well. I'm confused on what point you're trying to argue...?

Obviously, pre-proxy availability, it could have been done, but it would only have been visible through mafia's consumption GUI and not usable in any sort of easily automated way. I'm not arguing that. But the existance of the proxies now makes requesting the FReq actually appealing to me now, whereas before it was a strong... meh, maybe eventually.

roippi

Developer
I'm not sure if it's worth doing, but you could try to synch up the state by parsing the number of adventures gained. i.e. if you detect 8 adventures gained, set the preference accordingly.

Of course, the reason that I'm not sure if it's worth doing: helpers. You'd basically need to hardcode handling for milk, forks, etc, and addition of future helpers could conceivably break it.

Theraze

This should be easy-ish to accomplish if mafia can scrape showconsumption.php for total number consumed... I believe this page resets for BM ascensions also so that you can have new fav food... can anyone confirm?

Theraze

Shame. Could at least get accurate counts for non-BM runs without too much effort though.

Bale

Minion
Communication trouble? When you are not in a Bad Moon run, the consumption page will tell you how many burgers you have eaten for the purpose of knowing what a White Citadel Burger's adventure gain will be.

In a Bad Moon run, that information is not so simple.

Theraze

Exactly. Scraping would allow for accurate non-BM tracking. For the purpose of BM adventures, it should probably use the low end of the scale rather than the top.