Harvest – A highly customisable farming script

Theraze

Yeah... as the general updater of EatDrink, set your VoA where you want it to be. If you actually make 900 meat per adventure, setting your VoA to 2000 will end up with a potential net loss on your adventures. That's sad. If you set it to 500 meat, you'll make a profit... but it won't be as much of a profit as if you'd set it properly, since you'll end up with less total adventures due to how much it skimps.

Accuracy helps. :)

hobo386

So I just picked up a snow suit, and Harvest seems to be a bit finicky with using that. Not sure if it's because of my version of Zlib or mafia, or whether harvest itself causes the problems. I'll try to post a log tomorrow when I have more adventures.

slyz

Developer
What do you mean by finicky exactly? Could you describe the expected behavior, and what actually happens?

hobo386

Ok, tried it again today. First, when doing ducks it decided to unequip my snow suit and use sugar shields (even though I have them disabled), and then when moving onto the farming segment, it says "Your (familiar type) cannot equip the Snow Suit." When I abort, manually equip the suit in the farming section, and then restart, it works as normal.

And the expected behavior to me would be to just leave the equipment on (or to equip it when I have it listed as the familiar equipment), like it does with basic familiar equipment, I guess. I have no idea what is happening here.

slyz

Developer
I think you have an old version of Mafia that doesn't know about the Snow Suit. Try downloading the latest .JAR (link in my signature).

Ima Felyn

So this giant update totally broke harvest, are there any plans to fix this? If not, is there any other options around that will just burn all my turns automatically with no player interaction to farm some meat?

Tom Sawyer

Ima give them time. This is going to require many mafia updates for all the new choices as well as time to determine optimal farming choices.

Winterbay

And it'll also require many scripts to change the location "Giant's Castle" to different zones depending on what is meant.

SaucySam

Thanks in advance to all the starving code-workers out there. I'm willing to donate meat to help out. Sorry I know crap about code. :/

spooky_mush

I was wondering if there is an update I can make to the script. I seem to keep getting
> call scripts\Harvest.ash

giant's castle (basement)
giant's castle (ground floor)
giant's castle (top floor)

Giant's Castle is referenced a couple of times, I tried changing it to one of the selections, but I'm a n00b at best when it comes to scripting...Are there any quick fixes?

Ima Felyn

Really? That's to bad. I was hoping someone could just provide a quick fix in the mean time and have it point to the giant's castle (top floor) instead of the old giant's castle, for ease of sniffing Goth's and all that. Not much else needs to changing other then location.

Ima Felyn

I tried that and unfortunately I keep getting this "Multiple matches against Giant's Castle."

If anyone can get theirs to work let me know.

slyz

Developer
Make sure Harvest is set to farm in a valid location too (ie not "Giant's Castle").

Use the relay script to change your farming location, or type :
Code:
zlib har_farming_location = giant's castle (top floor)

Winterbay

The error you get should include a line on which it occurs. You need to edit that as well and continue on until no more errors occur.