Page 224 of 224 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224
Results 2,231 to 2,234 of 2234

Thread: BatBrain -- a central nervous system for consult scripts

Well...

I noted that the boning knife does do damage. I had previously missed that line and complained because of my (now known to be incorrect) belief that the knife was doing nothing. So I withdraw that request :-)

But in playing I would do things like enable BatManRE but then use the Script button to do the combat since the BatManRE options were fine with me. I noticed when toggling that the unable to parse message occurred more often the combat after I toggled. Not quite repeatable but often enough to start looking there. I also noticed that SmartStasis is not always doing what BatManRE suggests. I faced a monster that I expected to Attack with Weapon based upon previous encounters and using BatManRE. BatManRE was not enabled and the use item slot in the relay browser was populated with the boning knife. Character doesn't have dual funkslinging so can only manage one item. I pressed the Script button and SmartStasis unexpectedly used the boning knife.

I will dig into this more but I wonder whether a) enabling and disabling BatManRE leaves something set that changes SmartStasis's behaviour or b) the BatBrain sort is inconsistent in that if A and B have the same value there is guarantee that one will always sort first.

BatMan RE has its own "script" button as part of the Action Menu on the top left: the circle of arrows, meant to indicate "automate". You shouldn't need to disable the relay experience to support that playstyle. Still, I should look into whether disabling the script changes your session log in a way that makes the current parsing fail.

Also SmartStasis doesn't kill monsters. If you are talking about SimpleSmack, it does not share exactly the same logic as BatMan RE since it wants to narrow down all options to the best, rather than show many possible options for you to choose from.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Woss | Om****est (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

BatMan RE has its own "script" button as part of the Action Menu on the top left: the circle of arrows, meant to indicate "automate". You shouldn't need to disable the relay experience to support that playstyle. Still, I should look into whether disabling the script changes your session log in a way that makes the current parsing fail.

Also SmartStasis doesn't kill monsters. If you are talking about SimpleSmack, it does not share exactly the same logic as BatMan RE since it wants to narrow down all options to the best, rather than show many possible options for you to choose from.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    OK. I meant SimpleSmack and I was just parroting what I thought I had been told about SS and BatManRE :-)

When the combat script gets called after SmartStasis gets finished and announces there is nothing to do because SmartStasis finished the fight I figures SmartStasis was doing some killing even if it was only collateral damage :-)

Remember that I am using BatManRE because SimpleSmack is using a boning knife at times when I didn't think it should and BatManRE reports information that can illuminate choices SimpleSmack makes. That said, my belief that the knife use was inappropriate because nothing happened was incorrect but I still am curious as to why it is being sometimes used. Perhaps there is a set of conditions where SmartStasis likes it more than something else?
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

I've been using `autoOlfact` recerntly and wondered if there's any smart way we could get it to stack multiple sniffs instead of casting Gallapagosian Mating Call and calling it a day. I would say if the autoOlfact is set and a sniff is already active, just layer another one if possible.