In Ronin - Get Clover

AlbinoRhino

Is there some secret to getting mafia to gather clovers when in ronin / hardcore ?

Even with the breakfast option for it enabled and plenty of meat on hand, it never seems to actually collect them during the breakfast routine. It gets them when out of ronin / hardcore, but I've never been able to get it to work when in ronin / hardcore.

slyz

Developer
In Ronin/Hardcore, Mafia will only get the hermit clovers if you already have worthless items in your inventory. I guess this logic pre-dates the sewer-that-never-was change.

You could make a Feature Request to have Mafia acquire enough worthless items via chewing gums.

StDoodle

Minion
I haven't tried using Breakfast to get clovers, but "hermit * clover" still works for me, acquiring gum / worthless items as needed. Do you perhaps have the preference to buy from NPC stores disabled?

Winterbay

My setup is having a similar problem. As soon as I log in after freeing the king Mafia gets clovers automatically. I can set it to get all the clovers by insiting on it after login but not as part of the breakfast.

slyz

Developer
I haven't tried using Breakfast to get clovers, but "hermit * clover" still works for me, acquiring gum / worthless items as needed.
Currently, if you have n worthless items in your inventory (with n>0), the breakfast code invokes "hermit n clover". A simple solution would be to add "hermit * clover" in the On Login part of Preferences -> Breakfast.

AlbinoRhino

Hmmm. Thanks for the info, all of you. I guess that logic is kind of stale now that clovers don't require adventuring in the sewer. But I guess it still protects people from spending meat when they may not want to do so.

slyz

Developer
Not checking "get hermit clovers" in Ronin would protect them from spending meat if they don't want to do so =)

roippi

Developer
I think this should be feature request'd to operate as hermit * clover when checked. Or maybe even bug reported - it's unclear to me why the logic is different for out-of-ronin and in-ronin.

AlbinoRhino

Huh. Using "hermit * clover" seems to only get 1 clover. Tried this with 2 different characters in hardcore, with the same results. Both had more than 1 available.

StDoodle

Minion
Huh, never noticed, but I just tested that myself and had the same results. It keeps going each time I invoke the command again, still buying gum for worthless, even when it's no longer possible to get clovers (at which point the cli reports "You can't get a clover from the hermit today.").

Perhaps this would be a good time to dig up my request for a "_hermitCloversAvailable" preference, which is left blank if KoLmafia doesn't know how many are there, and is set to a number (down to 0) based on availability.