Bug - Not A Bug Pumpkin item numbers not known by Mafia

Winterbay

The item numbers for the pumpkin items does not appear to be known by Mafia at the current state as exemplified by this taken from r8746:

Code:
> ash for i from 4759 to 4770 {print("Item number " +     i + " is item " + to_item(i));}

Item number 4759 is item none
Item number 4760 is item none
Item number 4761 is item pumpkin
Item number 4762 is item none
Item number 4763 is item none
Item number 4764 is item none
Item number 4765 is item pumpkin juice
Item number 4766 is item none
Item number 4767 is item none
Item number 4768 is item none
Item number 4769 is item none
Item number 4770 is item Desert Bus pass
Returned: void

The correct would be:

4759. Grumpy Bumpkin's Pumpkin Seed Catalog
4760. packet of pumpkin seeds
4761. pumpkin
4762. huge pumpkin
4763. pumpkin pie
4764. pumpkin beer
4765. pumpkin juice
4766. pumpkin bomb
4767. shin gourds
4768. Staff of the November Jack-O-Lantern
4769. pumpkin carriage
4770. Desert Bus pass

At the moment it seems like this is what is stopping my eatdrink.ash from working but I'm not sure. I know that it is a problem for it though :)

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
> ash for i from 4759 to 4770 {print("Item number " + i + " is item " + to_item(i));}

Item number 4759 is item Grumpy Bumpkin's Pumpkin Seed Catalog
Item number 4760 is item packet of pumpkin seeds
Item number 4761 is item pumpkin
Item number 4762 is item huge pumpkin
Item number 4763 is item pumpkin pie
Item number 4764 is item pumpkin beer
Item number 4765 is item pumpkin juice
Item number 4766 is item pumpkin bomb
Item number 4767 is item shin gourds
Item number 4768 is item Staff of the November Jack-O-Lantern
Item number 4769 is item pumpkin carriage
Item number 4770 is item Desert Bus pass
Returned: void

Perhaps you should try "update clear".

Winterbay

I tried "update data", I shall try "update clear" instead.

Edit: Thanks, that fixed it.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Yes, but I thought since I was already having troubles...

On that matter: Could someone update the wiki-entry on http://wiki.kolmafia.us/index.php?title=CLI_Reference#Mafia to actually include all possible options and not just the price-version?

I tried "update fullness.txt" since that seemed to be the file that was troubled but that just said that ""update" doesn't do what you think it does. Please visit kolmafia.us and download a daily build if you'd like to keep KoLmafia up-to-date between major releases." which was decidedly unhelpful in my case...

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Updated. Fun fact: it actually was in the wiki entry, but the issue is that a single instance of | should've been replaced with |.

Camber

Updated. Fun fact: it actually was in the wiki entry, but the issue is that a single instance of | should've been replaced with |.

Since "update data" is NOT recommended, should 'data' be removed or moved to the end of the available arguments list in the wiki? Currently it is the first.

Bale

Minion
Arguments are listed on the wiki just as KoLmafia's help command displays them. I don't think that it would be best to mess with that method. Though if you disagree, please use the wiki's talk page for CLI Reference to explain why we should change that page. 'Cause that's how wikis work!

Theraze

Is there still a good reason for update data? Is it used by the people who continue to use the stable build and want to band-aid the updated content instead of downloading the new one, or does it not even serve that purpose?

jasonharper

Developer
"update data" will eventually be useful, when KoL inevitably goes into maintenance mode - the command would work just fine if the only changes were an occasional new flavor of king cake, rather than fundamental mechanical changes on a weekly basis.

Until that time (and may it be many years in the future!), perhaps it should be renamed as something like "update is not useful yet", as a deterrent.