Bug - Fixed #187 (Beer pong) is an unrecognized choice adventure.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
r8674

Title says it all. I have debug log which is NOT a Java stack trace or generated by an exception. (I can be trained).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
An "unrecognized" choice adventure is one for which KoLmafia does not provide a way to automate through. That typically happens when KoL adds new choice adventures. KoLmafia throws you into the mini browser when such a choice is seen, where you can handle it by hand.

What is the bug? Contrary to the text of your bug report, the title does NOT "say it all". Apparently, you were automating and encountered the choice adventure which invited you up to Beer Pong and KoLmafia aborted automation and sent you to the mini browser to decide what to do. That sounds correct, to me. What SHOULD it have done, in your opinion?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
You're right. I need to stop posting before the coffee kicks in.

What threw me lies in the definition of expected behavior. I do not expect to see a Debug Log generated for something that is normal, routine and expected. When I saw one I hearkened back to the revision in the Spooky Forest and jumped to the conclusion that something had broken.

What should KoLmafia have done? Treated this as any other recognized choice adventure where the option is to Show In Browser: display it and don't generate a debug log.

Whether changing that is worth anyone's effort remains to be seen.

Not a bug, but I can't change the title.

Sorry.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's probably as simple as adding
Code:
user	choiceAdventure187	0
to defaults.txt. That will make ChoiceManager.processChoiceAdventure print "Manual control requested for choice #187" rather than "Unsupported choice adventure #187" and will omit writing to the debug log.

Theraze

I think I posted earlier (in one of the Spooky Forest changes ones, I think) about how defaults.txt is missing a large quantity of the choice adventures, generating these errors if you don't manually set it to show in browser. Defaults for all of these should be set, to Show in Browser if nothing else...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
r8675 but untested.

@Theraze - I didn't find your list quickly but it does seem to be worth adding those as well.