Feature - Rejected Vague error message when you can't complete your goal without changing equipment

Valliant

Totally minor error here. If you're in whitey's grove and set the goal to be "+5 white rice" and you're not holding the bowl, once you've received 3 that day, the error message that pops up is the generic "you can't adventure here" error, as opposed to one that actually describes what is going on, which is really: "you can't complete your goal without equipping the appropriate thing."

Is Mafia even set up to recognize that sort of issue? It may be not easily fixable, for all I know, though between this and the spanish flies it seems like it's worth having a special error message.

jasonharper

Developer
I'm not sure what you're referring to, since there is no error message for attempting to adventure with an unfulfillable condition. No such error message is ever likely to exist, since it would require that mafia know every possible source of items in the game.

Spiny

I hopped on a clan account and tested this out. I put my only rice bowl in my closet and set the goal to +5 white rice. I started automating turns with the appropriate choice adventure options set. Auto-adventuring stopped mysteriously after one turn (when I got the white hacker t-shirt). I restarted automation, 3 white rices successfully obtained, the next noncombat it merrily grabbed the wedding cake. No warning of can't adventure here, no warning of you won't get a white rice. Just no warning at all. I put on the rice bowl and auto-adventured some more with +2 white rice as goal and mafia stopped after obtaining them.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Feature request - rejected? I don't see anyone wanting to make a special case of rice and bowls, nor do I expect an (easy) general solution.