Feature - Implemented Expand hatter CLI command to get a buff

slyz

Developer
Not an urgent feature request, but now that DRINK ME potions are cheap enough, it would be nice to expand the CLI hatter command to get a specific mad hatter buff, like the summon command for the summoning chamber.

I guess it could act like the summon command and retrieve a DRINK ME potion if needed, or stop if you don't have a hat for the specified buff. Let the user decide what hat he wants to get if needed, as finding the cheapest one in the mall would require more server hits than strictly necessary.

An ASH script could do easily do it, but most of the framework seems to be in the Mafia code.

Well, just something to think about on a rainy day when you guys are bored =)

bumcheekcity

Possibly in addition, a command to show all the hats you DO have and work out which buffs you CAN get (especially useful in HC/Ronin). Maybe that could be the "hatter" command without any further arguments.

tea party buff gCLI command

I was wondering if it wouldn't be too much trouble to implement a CLI command for acquiring the Tea Party buffs. Getting them manually is kind of a hassle (use potion, navigate to rabbit hole, switch hats, GET, switch hats back) and it would be really cool if there were a quick command by which I could acquire the effect by character length or effect name (or, even more awesome, but not sure how hard it'd be to do, by effect... um... effect).

Side Note: is there an "acquire"-analog for effects? Something that just gets you the effect regardless of the method (assuming mafia is aware of the method).

Bale

Minion
Code:
alias tea => ashq string h = $string[%%]; boolean tea = get_property("_madTeaParty").to_boolean(); if(h == ""){cli_execute("hatter"); if(tea) print("You've already partied today!"); else print("Tea + Parties = Teh Win! Go party today."); exit;} void out(string p){print(p, "red"); exit;} if(tea) out("You've already drunk tea today. Do some adventuring!"); item hat = h.to_item(); if(hat.to_slot() != $slot[hat]) out(h+" is not a hat!"); if(item_amount(hat) < 1) out("You don't have a "+hat); if(have_effect($effect[Down the Rabbit Hole])< 1){if(!retrieve_item(1, $item["DRINK ME" potion])) out("You need a \"Drink Me\" Potion to drink tea!"); else use(1, $item["DRINK ME" potion ]);} item old_hat = equipped_item($slot[hat]); equip(hat); visit_url("rabbithole.php?action=teaparty"); visit_url("choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=441&option=1"); equip(old_hat);

You can use this tea alias. If you specify a hat, it will use a potion (if necessary), equip the hat you specify, visit the tea party and put your old hat back on.

If you don't specify any hat then it will list the effects of the hats you own to assist you in making a choice.

It has been a long time since I used that command since the relay script is so nice.

Code:
> tea filthy knitted d

Using 1 "DRINK ME" potion...
You acquire an effect: Down the Rabbit Hole (duration: 20 Adventures)
Finished using 1 "DRINK ME" potion.
Putting on filthy knitted dread sack...
Equipment changed.
You acquire an effect: Dances with Tweedles (duration: 30 Adventures)
Putting on beer helmet...
Equipment changed.

Last edited:

Theraze

But this thread doesn't mention the maximizer until your post.

As I see it, there were 3 total features requested in this thread.
1) Tea party through gCLI.
2) Applying affect through gCLI.
3) Finding affect source through gCLI.

As it stands, Bale provided a way to cast tea party buffs in the gCLI and jason provided a way to both get an effect and find out how it would happen. Both of the FReqs of this thread have been met, though the other FReq regarding the maximizer has not... but as this thread has been fully met, it seems ready for a minion to close. Or would you disagree?

Bale

Minion
but as this thread has been fully met, it seems ready for a minion to close.

Adding functionality through an alias or script is not the same as adding it through native functionality so I'm not marking this implemented. That's a long standing precedent. Sometimes someone actually adds functionality to KoLmafia despite being solved with an alias.

Though we might reject it if someone significant says no way.

Rinn

Developer
I get that it's "solved" with an alias, but you have to consider probably only a small percentage of the mafia userbase actually comes to these forums and would be able to find and use that alias. The same really goes for any scripted solution to a problem.

But this thread doesn't mention the maximizer until your post.
I'm guessing you didn't noticed (and I'm not blaming you, as the colors are pretty faint) but when I said "ulterior motive" I linked to a different thread (regarding the maximizer) wherein I mentioned that this feature be implemented first.

Theraze

And unfortunately for links, the colours in my browser are the same... they're only different if I'm hovering.

Theraze

Fine... changing from the lovely dark one that remains highly readable to the gray one that at least makes links visible, even if the rest is harder to read. :)