Bug - Fixed Semirare / Fortune Cookie Counter not working

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
kolproxy doesn't rely on the player's web browser receiving charpane updates to know which turn it is for the session log, and additionally makes sure e.g. charpane responses aren't received out of order.
Ah. So, you know that adventuring in the Sea takes 2 turns - unless you are Fishy, which you track - or perhaps, observe.
You know how many turns it takes to craft things, depending on whether you have box servants or not.
You know that certain choice adventures consume turns, no matter which option you select, whereas certain choice adventures give you an option that doesn't consume a turn.

And so on.

KoLmafia used to have all that sort of thing built in, but it meant that whenever a new choice adventure was added with a "no turn" option, for example, we'd get it wrong in log until we added support for it.

I'm curious to know how you deal with that problem, since "you don't rely on charpane updates to know which turn it is." If I get an unknown choice adventure, take the hitherto unknown option that does not consume an adventure, and then adventure again, does your session log think the turn number has incremented, or not?

houeland

Ah. So, you know that adventuring in the Sea takes 2 turns - unless you are Fishy, which you track - or perhaps, observe.
You know how many turns it takes to craft things, depending on whether you have box servants or not.
You know that certain choice adventures consume turns, no matter which option you select, whereas certain choice adventures give you an option that doesn't consume a turn.

And so on.

KoLmafia used to have all that sort of thing built in, but it meant that whenever a new choice adventure was added with a "no turn" option, for example, we'd get it wrong in log until we added support for it.

I'm curious to know how you deal with that problem, since "you don't rely on charpane updates to know which turn it is." If I get an unknown choice adventure, take the hitherto unknown option that does not consume an adventure, and then adventure again, does your session log think the turn number has incremented, or not?

I clarified it to clearly be the log files (kolproxy doesn't structure logs around sessions) not relying on the client web browser receiving charpane frame updates. It *does* ask the server for the current turn, that's clearly the right way to get the turn number. I avoid fragile things like all that modeling you just listed like the plague, that's kind of a core kolproxy idea.

Things aren't done the same way as in mafia, and that's the major reason for not just building them into mafia. For kolproxy, I try very hard to avoid needing to "know" anything in a local model to do the right thing.

This seems like the wrong thread for exchanging ideas about how to structure state and game updates for interfaces though =P

Last edited:

houeland

Ah. Just as KoLmafia currently does.

Yes, it reads the same kind of value from server responses. KoLmafia and kolproxy handle things differently internally, ask me if you're really interested. I'll stop spamming up this mafia bug report thread :)

Last edited: