Is it okay to break chat?

xKiv

Chat commands (like /go) issued from relay browser still sometimes freeze (I get a response sent as "PM" to the cli, but no response in relay chat).

holatuwol

Developer
Any messages that get broadcast by KoLmafia has formatting that KoLmafia does not recognize. I'd have to see the part of your chat log where the message happens to fix it (it's wrapped with <font color=green>).

holatuwol

Developer
I think I've fixed all the issues around changing passwords and closing windows.

Still need information on these "dungeon messages" (which I've never seen, and thus can't really fix unless someone else provides me with information about what's seen).

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Still need information on these "dungeon messages" (which I've never seen, and thus can't really fix unless someone else provides me with information about what's seen).

Is this based on my post earlier? I meant that there had been none for me to see (and that the chat coloring didn't matter), not that there was something wrong with mafia. If I missed someone else's bug report, then ignore this.

kain

Here's a clip from /c clan

Code:
<font color="#7695B4">[10:21]</font> <font color=green>[slimetube] <b><a target=mainpane href="showplayer.php?who=-2">Dungeon</a></b>: Clon has entered combat with Mother Slime.</font><br>
<font color="#7695B4">[10:22]</font> <font color=green>[slimetube] <b><a target=mainpane href="showplayer.php?who=-2">Dungeon</a></b>: Clon has defeated Mother Slime</font><br>
<font color="#7695B4">[10:22]</font> <font color=green>[slimetube] <b><a target=mainpane href="showplayer.php?who=-2">Dungeon</a></b>: Mother Slime dropped an item: <a class=itemlink href='javascript:descitem(515479025)'>slime-soaked hypophysis</a>.</font><br>
<font color="#7695B4">[10:22]</font> <font color=green>[slimetube] <b><a target=mainpane href="showplayer.php?who=-2">Dungeon</a></b>: Mother Slime dropped an item: <a class=itemlink href='javascript:descitem(416994074)'>caustic slime nodule</a>.</font><br>
<font color="#7695B4">[10:22]</font> <font color=green>[slimetube] <b><a target=mainpane href="showplayer.php?who=-2">Dungeon</a></b>: Mother Slime dropped an item: <a class=itemlink href='javascript:descitem(416994074)'>caustic slime nodule</a>.</font><br>
<font color="#7695B4">[10:22]</font> <font color=green>[slimetube] <b><a target=mainpane href="showplayer.php?who=-2">Dungeon</a></b>: Mother Slime dropped an item: <a class=itemlink href='javascript:descitem(663508936)'>hardened slime belt</a>.</font><br>

This showed up in /trade, /hobopolis and my CLI window as well as showing up in /slimetube

xKiv

Any messages that get broadcast by KoLmafia has formatting that KoLmafia does not recognize. I'd have to see the part of your chat log where the message happens to fix it (it's wrapped with <font color=green>).

OK. Right now, I did /cast 10 spirit of garlic.
The command stayed selected in my relay chat and I didn't get any reply in there.
Mafia chat says "Casting Spirit of Garlic 10 times." in green.
CLI says "12/01/09 11:44 PM - Casting Spirit of Garlic 10 times." in normal (black).
Chat log has
Code:
<font color="#7695B4">[23:44]</font> <font color=green>Casting Spirit of Garlic 10 times.</font><br>

Even after refreshing, I don't see any garlic spirit in my effect (eighter mafia or relay charpane).

---
Click on "last adventure", repeat /cast 10 spirit of garlic.
Proper reply in relay chat and relay browser in general.
Got 400A of the effect, as expected.
Mafia chat says "Casting Spirit of Garlic 10 times." in green.
CLI says "12/01/09 11:49 PM - Casting Spirit of Garlic 10 times.
You acquire an effect: Spirit of Garlic (duration: 400 Adventures)" in normal.
Chat log has
Code:
<font color="#7695B4">[23:49]</font> <font color=green>Casting Spirit of Garlic 10 times.</font><br>

------
Also, I see an exception, but can't tell when it happened:
Exception in thread "LocalRelayAgent7" java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.printHeaders(RelayRequest.java:399)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.LocalRelayAgent.sendServerResponse(LocalRelayAgent.java:422)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.LocalRelayAgent.performRelay(LocalRelayAgent.java:133)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.LocalRelayAgent.run(LocalRelayAgent.java:109)

Spiny

Also, I see an exception, but can't tell when it happened:
Exception in thread "LocalRelayAgent7" java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.printHeaders(RelayRequest.java:399)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.LocalRelayAgent.sendServerResponse(LocalRelayAgent.java:422)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.LocalRelayAgent.performRelay(LocalRelayAgent.java:133)

I get the same thing in my shell without any evidence of chat problems.

holatuwol

Developer
The stack trace should be fixed, and /hobopolis and /slimetube messages should now only be displaying in one channel.

Bale

Minion
You broke chat again.

In r7847 the relay browser chat does not work. (The whole side panel goes white and stays that way when I try to activate it.) This happens in both Opera 10.10 and Firefox 3.5.5

Spiny

v7851

This showed up in my shell from a session I had earlier today, unfortunately I don't know what caused it to show up. I didn't notice anything unusual or misbehaving, but figure I'd post it here for now in case it means something to someone or just to remind myself in case I see it again later:

Code:
Exception in thread "LocalRelayAgent1" java.lang.IllegalStateException: No match found
        at java.util.regex.Matcher.group(Matcher.java:468)
        at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.chat.HistoryEntry.<init>(HistoryEntry.java:58)
        at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.chat.ChatPoller.getEntries(ChatPoller.java:121)
        at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.handleChat(RelayRequest.java:1291)
        at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.RelayRequest.run(RelayRequest.java:1418)
        at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.LocalRelayAgent.readServerResponse(LocalRelayAgent.java:391)
        at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.LocalRelayAgent.performRelay(LocalRelayAgent.java:132)

mredge73

quick question on the topic of chatbots

before the new changes, when you are running a script and a PM came in the chatbot script would execute co-currently with the your current script.

now it seems that your chatbot script takes priory and will halt execution of your parent script to run the chatbot script to completion and then go back to the parent script.

am I correct on my observation?

holatuwol

Developer
now it seems that your chatbot script takes priory and will halt execution of your parent script to run the chatbot script to completion and then go back to the parent script.

am I correct on my observation?
Sort of. Scripts continue to execute concurrently with chatbot scripts, but if the parent script needs to make a server request to KoL, then that request will have to wait until the chatbot script has completed execution before the request will happen.

mredge73

Thanks for the clarification,
That will require a quick re-write of a few of my scripts but I think it will be for the better.

kain

Not to necro a thread here, but chat via KoLMafia's chat interface (which, honestly, is the ONLY way I wanna chat) seems to be dropping or disconnecting my chat session.

I don't time out, and chat isn't inactive at the time it happens. I just seem to stop getting chat messages. It's happening in build 7964, but 7960 _seems_ to be working OK.

I'm actually auto-adventuring (yay for 999/999 wossnames) right now and I am no longer getting any chat messages.

Is anyone else seeing this?