Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Req: Dark Theme (from InfoPowerBroker)

Oh, and poking around the FormDesigner FlatLaf page, they have implemented themes, so we could, too (in the future, if we wanted to).

They resolve a lot of Frono's issues by using a .json.theme definition to allow them to be installable.

Anyone who wants to carry that football can look here.
    Last edited by MCroft; 10-13-2020 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Sentences end with a period. You'd think I could write a quick post without needing to edit myself, wouldn't you?

Licenses go into lib/licenses.

Code to handle those goes in swingui/listener/LicenseDisplayListener.java.
    I made an effort to update that with newly added software, a while ago, but I don't know why it doesn't show every single license from the licenses directory.

Licenses go into lib/licenses.

Code to handle those goes in swingui/listener/LicenseDisplayListener.java.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I still 100% do not know how to make a patch using svn diff that includes a file that hasn't been added to the source tree. I'm sure it's possible, but until then, here's two files...

LookAndFeel_v2.patch and flatlaf-license.txt
    I made an effort to update that with newly added software, a while ago, but I don't know why it doesn't show every single license from the licenses directory.
    It's doable, assuming none of those licenses are "source code only" things.

Well, the good news is that I found where to fix the white background for the elements, and it makes sense to get rid of the hardcoded value...

Just comment out 1 line in RequestPane.java's constructor.
    Code:

// Ensure that the background is off-white so that the
    // text is always legible.

// this.setBackground( new Color( 252, 252, 252 ) );
    Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 4.24.43 PM.png

I think there are some masking issues with icons, and we might want higher-res icons, if there are any such available.
    Originally Posted by MCroft View Post
    I mentioned this to Aenimus and he'd be happy to either mock up some higher-res KoL style icons (or indeed not KoL style if that would be better), but he'll respond on here later.

Well, the good news is that I found where to fix the white background for the elements, and it makes sense to get rid of the hardcoded value...

Just comment out 1 line in RequestPane.java's constructor.
    Code:

// Ensure that the background is off-white so that the
    // text is always legible.

// this.setBackground( new Color( 252, 252, 252 ) );
    Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 4.24.43 PM.png
    Cool. If you do that does the L&F both set the background and assume some responsibility for legibility? That means the L&F's default background and text color are compatible?
    Well, thank you.

L&F doesn't promise you that you can't set purple-text on a purple background, but all the backgrounds I checked (all the built-in ones plus the 3 from FlatMap) were readable to me. Above is a screenshot of FlatMap Dark Laf showing the gCLI Frame.

Below is some of our colored text in the gCLI. It might affect people who use ash scripts and set their own colors for text, but they could adjust their scripts or use a different L&F. Primary colors pop.
    Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 6.32.21 PM.png

Since we're curating the Laf's we allow, I think it's reasonably safe to say that we wouldn't put one in that caused a problem with the background/foreground.

I have some problems with the colors for item crappy/fair/good/better/best/epic/whatever/ludicrous, but KoLmafia has a preference for setting those.

L&F doesn't promise you that you can't set purple-text on a purple background, but all the backgrounds I checked (all the built-in ones plus the 3 from FlatMap) were readable to me.
    That's what I wanted. If a default works that is the promise I wanted.

We might make this happen. How cool is that?
    Well, thank you.

List of issues I've seen:
    1: Icons. Previously mentioned.
    2: Maximizer "Other options available..." text wraps and cuts off half of line 2.
    3: Game Description Window effects are Bright Blue and Bold. This is not coming from prefs.
    4: AdventureFrame has a fixed width, and so does AdventureSelectPanel. This seems to cause a problem with the size of the adventure count field. It all fixed itself when I resized the window, so it might've been me.

As Gausie already said, I can make icons. But I'll need to know what style/what icons need making.