Thread: [glitch season reward name] issues

Default [glitch season reward name] issues

Couple of things I've noticed since acquiring my first [glitch season reward name]

Having
    Code:
    implementGlitchItem = true
    causes a mini-browser popup to appear during breakfast -> glitch_popup.png

There's no [eat] link on it in inventory ->glitch_inventory.png
    When I purchased it from the Swagger shop, there was a [eat] link next to the [implement] one & change 19611 seems to suggest it should have it.
    Also I would suggest (if possible/easily implementable) to have the link say "fight" rather than "eat" as that's what it's doing. It doesn't give you fullness or adventures or anything else eating normally does & this would remove a possible source of confusion for anyone who doesn't know the history of its eventual implementation this PvP season.

Thanks.

Changed from Bug to Feature.

Making the message not pop up is a simple change, but that was Veracity's decision so I'll leave it to her to decide if that should change.

The [eat] link (or fight or whatever it could say) will only show up when you acquire the item. Those links don't get added to inventory. I added
    Code:
    /goto inv_eat.php?pwd='+pwdhash+'&whichitem=10207
    as a chat macro for that fight.

I made it a message display thing because I was interested in seeing how the implementation message changed. I'm up to "a ton more implementation". I understand there are a couple more levels. Somebody reported it ends up with "Whoah", or something. I want to see that. I don't feel like changing it until I do, but I'll consider if there is something I can do that will make it optional.

I did the fight (enough to get three %factoids%) by closeting and uncloseting in the browser using chat; we inserted the [eat] link in that case.

Naming the link [fight] makes sense, although leaving it as [eat] continues the glitch joke.

Ah, so this is what glitch item does!

May I suggest that
    implementGlitchItem = true
    be the default setting instead of defaulting to false?

Also, what does _softwareGlitchTurnReceived
    do? is that related to glitchitem or is it something else?

That's for the software glitch item from the bugged bugbear.

So, I tested to see if this works and
    Code:
    > eat Glitch season reward name
    [Glitch     season reward name] cannot be eaten.
    Should it have an exception in the eat function? since it can actually be eaten (to cause a fight with %monster%)?

actually having this be the correct cli command to initiate the fight is keeping with the joke.
    That's for the software glitch item from the bugged bugbear.
    Originally Posted by the dictator View Post
    Thanks for explaining

To fight glitch monster via script
    Code:
    visit_url("inv_eat.php?&pwd&which=3&whichitem=10207"); 	//start fight with %monster%
    string discard = run_combat();							//finish combat using ccs, don't print the battle to gCLI
    I noticed there is a counter for how many glitch monsters you fought today called _glitchMonsterFights and it is not a bool. Is there a way to get more than 1 fight a day that I am not aware of?